Sgt. Pepper's

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Jan 19 2008, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's good news! Just take it slow and easy.
I guess you've got a heated work area?

I have a space heater in my garage. The plastics are being worked on in my workshop in my basement.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2013 Cadillac SRX, 2003 Hummer H2
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 19 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a space heater in my garage.

Little hard to breath at times tho
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (4N2NR @ Jan 19 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Little hard to breath at times tho

That smoke MUST be from the BBQ grill. rolleyes.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

Well, I get my third steroid shot on Tuesday. The last shot worked for a few days, then it wore off. I'm back to popping Aleve every 4 hours (on top of my Excedrin Extra Strength for migraines). Problem is, they don't want be taking anything with aspirin 5 days prior to the shot, or I'll get sick. I stopped taking the Excedrin yesterday and my head is ready to explode! So, do I put up with migraines for 5 days or deal with getting sick for a day and a half?

I caved and took the Excedrin (twice in the last 6 hours) and feel a little better.

So I stopped working on the car this week, I hope the 3rd shot lasts longer than the 2nd. Damn arthritis and migraines!! mad.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Had the 3rd shot a while back and am still in some pain, not like at first, but still uncomfortable. Thursday I get another similar shot, but in 3 locations to get the meds "in there real good". This is a one time deal and if it doesn't work, we'll be doing surgery. They want to remove the cartlidge that is bulging and fuse the 2 vertebrae. The catlidge is pressing on a nerve causing the pain. Let's hope the shot works, but I am not holding my breathe.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
just take a salt tablet, that'll make it all better
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

ImmortalSoul219

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege Working on 85 crx si B series
Dang I didnt know you had back problems too! If I knew this I wouldnt of let you carry that damn rear axle or crawling under the Rex like that the other day. Your neck still hurt from the cramp?

"Well Im not a mechanic but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (ImmortalSoul219 @ Mar 26 2008, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang I didnt know you had back problems too! If I knew this I wouldnt of let you carry that damn rear axle or crawling under the Rex like that the other day. Your neck still hurt from the cramp?

...and take away my fun?

Neck cramp went away in a few minutes.

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
I hope you get feeling better soon.

I am not a doctor. But I did stay at a holiday in express last night!

But I still won't give you advice just say from my own personal experience.

I've had the shots in my spine for a car crash I still can't go into the details on the crash.
I don't think they used steriods (or rather only steriods). I think they used stuff
similar to what you get for a spinal block for a baby.

The idea is to break the pain signal to the brain. It has really, really helped.

I had a ton of steriod injections to my knee. No help.
I finally found out about a thing called prolotherapy.
It is EXTREMELY painful. If done on the back or neck you must have
general anestesia. That actually did fix my knee.

Do not take spinal surgery lightly. Sometimes it is the only choice.
But you want to explore every single other option available first.

ImmortalSoul219

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am not a doctor. But I did stay at a holiday in express last night!

Wow I about cried when I read that^^^^. Man I havent heard that line in so long. Yeah I have back problems compliments of the Marine Corp and unless Im unable to walk around by my own power I will not get surgery. Its never 100% that it will fix the problem or work for that matter.

Sgt. Pepper

Yea, as far as I know I didn't injure my back at any time. I guess I've had arthritis developing for some 20 years (so they say) with no sign of trouble. Add to that stenosis and 3 bulging discs. 1 of the discs is pressing on a nerve that runs down my left arm. My back doesn't really hurt - it's the neck/shoulder/arm where the nerve runs. Woke up one morning in late November with a "stiff neck" and boom, it's been downhill from there. Like I said before, the shots have helped a *little*, but I am still real uncomfortable. Aleve every 4 hours seems to help. I still need more info before I jump on this surgery thing. unsure.gif

The 4th shot is today at 11:45am.

Sgt. Pepper

Had the shot and so far the shoulder/neck/arm feels pretty good - but it's early yet. Still felt "fuzzy" when I got home, so I slept most of the afternoon. I was a bit disappointed that the "hot" nurse was off duty yesterday. sad.gif Neck feels sore/stiff in the area of the shot(s), but will go way in a day or two I hope. I go back in a month for a follow up, let's hope I don't need surgery.

I haven't freakin' slept since yeasterday afternoon - I was up all night/morning. mad.gif Oh, and I took off from work last night - guess the body is used to being up all night.

Sgt. Pepper

...still no pain. biggrin.gif

ImmortalSoul219

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yeah Im not liking this getting old thing one bit!!! Damn wheres that fountain of youth when you need it!

Sgt. Pepper

Getting a nerve block next Thursday. The pain and numbness are back as bad as ever. Between the stenosis, arthritis and bulged discs, the doctor says I have the neck of an old man.