H22 Swap

• You cannot reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic

female four

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: B16 powered 86 CRX SI
B16 barely fits in my CRX. Well actually, just the IM is touching the firewall. If I got a smaller/shorter Im it would probably clear. But I don't want a shorter IM because that is not what I want.

I am even willing to bet that a JRSC will fit in the engine bay as well because it has goobs of space behind the motor. Only problem is that I will not have any room for the alternator pulley since it will have an extra rb for the SC belt. And since the B16 alternator almost hits the side already, it won't be possible unless I'm willing to spend mad money.

H22 is probably possible. Custom mounts, custom everything. I don't know how it would run though seriously.

As for the engine on ebay. Thats pretty much pointless. You could build your own motor for way more less than that. And yes there is no replacement for displacement, but it comes at a risk.

I too would very much rather have another car besides paying that much for a motor to go in a CRX. Maybe something along the lines of a Lotus Elise with a K20 or S2000 engine. In other words, a car as light as a G1 CRX that is RWD and has updated Honda technology.

Prototype Racing

As much as the B-series have been loved, it will only be for a while until the K-series take over the import scene. Of course we owe a lot to the B-series for a very good engine, but the K-series is far superior. More displacement, I-VTEC, etc. The K-series is proving itself a very good engine to modify in the aftermarket world.

Just my thoughts.

demon2180

that car is pretty bad ass man those headers are crazy biggrin.gif i wouldnt mind owning that hehehe
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

T-Bone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 89 Civic Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
If you want to put the h22 in a 4th gen civic(ef) enjo is making mounts for that swap...should be out early next year. Matt