←  1G CRX

Red Pepper Racing

»

The Not So Super Build

JDN14's Photo JDN14 20 Jun 2005

I found out the local Meijer sells dry ice for 89 cents a pound so i picked some up and made some great progress removing the sound deadening material:

And ive taken some anger out on the front windshield...:

enjoy,

Jacques

bigk3000's Photo bigk3000 20 Jun 2005

ahh... my rust was worse then both you guys..

haha nice winder... tongue.gif

JDN14's Photo JDN14 23 Jun 2005

Ok im hoping to pull the motor next week but there's only one problem...i've never removed a motor before.

So aside from the engine mounts, what do i need to disconnect/remove to take the motor out (fuel lines, vacume lines, etc.)?

thanks,

Jacques

crxls's Photo crxls 23 Jun 2005

QUOTE (JDN169 @ Jun 23 2005, 09:08 PM)
Ok im hoping to pull the motor next week but there's only one problem...i've never removed a motor before. 

So aside from the engine mounts, what do i need to disconnect/remove to take the motor out  (fuel lines, vacume lines, etc.)?

thanks,

Jacques

unhook exhaust system, fuel lines, wiring harness, coolant lines, shift linkage, vacuum lines, axles, throttle cable, clutch cable, save the mounts for last.
Edited by crxls, 23 June 2005 - 09:17 PM.

badpenny's Photo badpenny 23 Jun 2005

QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 23 2005, 09:16 PM)

So aside from the engine mounts, what do i need to disconnect/remove to take the motor out  (fuel lines, vacume lines, etc.)?

thanks,

Jacques

unhook exhaust system, fuel lines, wiring harness, coolant lines, shift linkage, vacuum lines, axles, throttle cable, clutch cable, save the mounts for last.

he's dead on Jacques.

JDN14's Photo JDN14 23 Jun 2005

QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 23 2005, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 23 2005, 09:16 PM)

thanks,

Jacques

he's dead on Jacques.

sweet, ive already got the exhaust, coolant lines, and clutch cable out so ive got a start...

thanks guys!

Jacques

JDN14's Photo JDN14 27 Jun 2005

Not much of an update but the motor is ready to pull.

"big deal" you say? Well this is my first time pulling a motor so shut up! tongue.gif

hopefully it'll be out by the end of the week.

enjoy,

Jacques

zakats's Photo zakats 27 Jun 2005

took me about 20 minutes of dicking with the exhaust mani before i realized that the downpipe was bolted to the block(or something down there) lol

JDN14's Photo JDN14 30 Jun 2005

tada!

and the ghetto impact:

(the pictures suck but oh well...)

Im running out of stuff to take off!

enjoy,

Jacques

crxls's Photo crxls 30 Jun 2005

dude, those impacts are the shit. better than any air impact i have ever seen. only downfall is that they are pretty much disposable. just a little advice, it will work a lot better if the battery is in a car thats running because you get a little more voltage to the impact which makes it twice as powerful.

RexKrazy's Photo RexKrazy 30 Jun 2005

QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 30 2005, 03:43 PM)
dude, those impacts are the shit. better than any air impact i have ever seen. only downfall is that they are pretty much disposable. just a little advice, it will work a lot better if the battery is in a car thats running because you get a little more voltage to the impact which makes it twice as powerful.

you must not have seen any good air impact wrenches. the electric (12V) ones can do something like 100-200 ft.lbs. My pneumatic one does over 600.

they are convenient though.

JDN14's Photo JDN14 30 Jun 2005

it claims 150 ft. lbs. I eventually want a real air compresser and the associated accesories(sp.) .

I just saw car battery, cheap impact, and thought "what the hell, im lazy anyway".

enjoy,

Jacques

blacksheep's Photo blacksheep 30 Jun 2005

QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 20 2005, 07:45 PM)
ahh... my rust was worse then both you guys..

haha nice winder... tongue.gif

got rust?

check this build thread out...

lookin good, keep up the good work!!

JDN14's Photo JDN14 11 Jul 2005

Ok, still looking for the best way to remove the rear quarters and what's left of the front windshield.

Other than guitar string, what is there?

enjoy,

Jacques