• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage
taking trades for ARP d16a1 dohc head studs (1 long bolt), roll cage, 94 del sol si center console (from radio surround w/ flip cover back to ebrake surround) etc.
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Aug 31 2006, 12:20 PM)
taking trades for ARP d16a1 dohc head studs (1 long bolt), roll cage, 94 del sol si center console (from radio surround w/ flip cover back to ebrake surround) etc.

what kind of cage do you want? i can hook you up with my uncle that builds dragster cages and tube chasis'. he is in western pa though (indiana)
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 12:34 PM)
what kind of cage do you want? i can hook you up with my uncle that builds dragster cages and tube chasis'. he is in western pa though (indiana)

looking for either a 4 or 6 point cage ....i dont think ill need anything more. problem is that my car isnt on the road yet, so i wont be able to drive it there, and i guess shipping will be a fortune.
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Aug 31 2006, 12:53 PM)
looking for either a 4 or 6 point cage ....i dont think ill need anything more. problem is that my car isnt on the road yet, so i wont be able to drive it there, and i guess shipping will be a fortune.

4 or 6 point wouldnt be a problem at all. when i take my car up there your tubes could bent to the contour of my car and trucked to your house but then you need welding done to install into your car. gotta have plates welded to the floor and then the cage tubing welds to that. as far as install goes, you might be able to wiggle a welded together 4 point into the car while it's assembled.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 01:28 PM)
4 or 6 point wouldnt be a problem at all. when i take my car up there your tubes could bent to the contour of my car and trucked to your house but then you need welding done to install into your car. gotta have plates welded to the floor and then the cage tubing welds to that. as far as install goes, you might be able to wiggle a welded together 4 point into the car while it's assembled.

i know someone that can weld the cage for me..even though its only a mig welder. will the cage come with the plates, or do i have to buy them? they have to be 6 sqaure inches correct? i think i would want a 6 point with a bar to put a 5 pt harness.

how much would the cage be?
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Aug 31 2006, 01:33 PM)
i know someone that can weld the cage for me..even though its only a mig welder. will the cage come with the plates, or do i have to buy them? they have to be 6 sqaure inches correct? i think i would want a 6 point with a bar to put a 5 pt harness.

how much would the cage be?

he does all his cages with a mig anyway so someone with good welding capability can make it a legal nhra or ihra cage with a mig welder. i cant remember what the requirements are for the plates but even if they werent included you could just cut them out of any plate steel of the required thickness needed. im sure he could also supply them if needed. im just assuming you want the main hoop, 2 rear bars in a "X" pattern and the side bars? do you know what wall thickness you want to how fast you want to go with keeping the cage legal at the track?

i'll get into contact with him and see what he says for price to bend it all up. i wouldnt expect it to cost a whole lot. im having him bend up my 10 point cage for me over the winter if everything works out as planned.

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 31 2006, 01:42 PM)
he does all his cages with a mig anyway so someone with good welding capability can make it a legal nhra or ihra cage with a mig welder. i cant remember what the requirements are for the plates but even if they werent included you could just cut them out of any plate steel of the required thickness needed. im sure he could also supply them if needed. im just assuming you want the main hoop, 2 rear bars in a "X" pattern and the side bars? do you know what wall thickness you want to how fast you want to go with keeping the cage legal at the track?

i'll get into contact with him and see what he says for price to bend it all up. i wouldnt expect it to cost a whole lot. im having him bend up my 10 point cage for me over the winter if everything works out as planned.

yep, that sounds like the right shape of it. not exactly sure of the correct wall thickness, because im not familiar with it. right now, i only want to run 11's or 12's in the 1/4, but i dont know if it'll even go that fast. let me know, thanks
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
pic os hf rad still wanted wink.gif i still want it but it will be around next week b4 i can get it

Chaos325

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Integra LSt, 91 Accord LX Wagon
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Aug 5 2006, 09:27 AM)
ill get them up today or tomorrow

Pics on the heads yet? I mainly need the cam cap bolts.
89 Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Toy)
92 Honda Prelude 2.3 Si (new Daily Driver)
98 Dogde Grand Caravan 3.3 SE TLEV (Kiddie Hauler)

check out the pile, make offers!
My PhotoBucket of Parts

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
still have the heads and the pistons? d16a1s by the way

Edited by mysql, 01 September 2006 - 10:45 AM.

1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
still have everything, just having problems getting a camera to take pics. trying to get them up as soon as possible
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)

Chaos325

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Integra LSt, 91 Accord LX Wagon
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Sep 1 2006, 11:26 AM)
still have everything, just having problems getting a camera to take pics. trying to get them up as soon as possible

Cool, more info on the heads. miles? complete? what year?
89 Integra 1.6 LSt (Daddy's Toy)
92 Honda Prelude 2.3 Si (new Daily Driver)
98 Dogde Grand Caravan 3.3 SE TLEV (Kiddie Hauler)

check out the pile, make offers!
My PhotoBucket of Parts

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (staticchmbr @ Aug 31 2006, 02:56 PM)
yep, that sounds like the right shape of it. not exactly sure of the correct wall thickness, because im not familiar with it. right now, i only want to run 11's or 12's in the 1/4, but i dont know if it'll even go that fast. let me know, thanks

ok, my uncle said your looking at about $700 for this mostly due to his availability to tubing. price might be lower depending on tubing thickness needed for the times and speeds you plan to run. i guess checking the rule book for tubing spec's needed will help a little.

also, i dont remember off hand what legal limit for this is but he said he wont put any of the main hoop tubing any closer than 9 inches to your head if it's going to be driven on the street.

if we could find a few people that wanted basically the same setup made we could probably get a lot better price.

B@T "El Argentino"

Can you post pictures of the RH5 turbo, the greddy BOV, BOV flange, the mazda 626 intercooler and hf radiator?
Do you have a HF or DX exhast manifold?
Thanks
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (B@T "El Argentino" @ Sep 6 2006, 08:52 AM)
Can you post pictures of the RH5 turbo, the greddy BOV, BOV flange, the mazda 626 intercooler and hf radiator?
Do you have a HF or DX exhast manifold?
Thanks

heres some old pics i took of it when i first bought it:

the bov is like the one found here

im having trouble finding a camera to use, but as soon a i get one, i can post up more pics.
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)