Cf Hoods, 84-87 Crx Only

• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

Vicious

god damnit every time you make hoods i always seem to just have spent the cf hood money sad.gif but first off let me thank you marcus for your efforts and for dealing with us here on rpr cuz i'm sure you've seen the old cf hood thread with a billion "status on the hoods" bump and the countless pms you most likely have gotten. as of right now i can't order for sure but i think i'll have some time before the 10 spots are taken up so i may be able to get the money soon enough. however is the $520sih price shipped or just for the hood with an additional fee for shipping? once again i appericate your efforts on this matter and hope you and your friend will be able to work out a steady business deal so that you don't have to go through all this hood maker deal. but can you make a list on your first post with the names of all the people who've paid so i can see how many spots are left? and how do we go about sending payment?

p.s. would cost be lowered if you didn't ask for the hoods to have a latch because now that your hoods would be even lighter wouldn't running hood pins be well advised? i know for a fact i'll be running flush hood pins with mine if i can scrouge up the money in time to get into this batch

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

b16cRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si
I definatly will buy one, just let me know when and where to paypal. I think you might have my email about my info, for the last design

Edited by b16cRex, 02 July 2007 - 07:47 PM.

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, im deffenetly intrested. Concedering that I just started my second job today (not to mention every other week I will be bringing home almost $700 w/ two paychecks...), Im down for a 1 piece ZC. I'll PM you when I have the cash.

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx si
I also want an oem length zc in fiberglass, any chance of that happening?

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

My project needs your help
Parts wanted

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
mmm. dry carbon looks SICK when not painted.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
mmm i dont have a 1g but id be down for a 3g one if anymore would be made wink.gif

i think dry cf would be worth the extra price and id rather know that the work wasnt rushed and be more then happy to pay the extra...

but would there be an availability of a oem length cf hood? biggrin.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
OEM length hoods would be the only choice for the 3G, there wont be any 3g civic 1-piece hoods. due to the design of the header panel on the 3g, its not really an option. Marcus, if im wrong about this, correct me.

And I was just joking about the mugen length hood, I think it would be almost impossible to integrate the mugen style HP into the hood and have it work well. Put me down for an OEM length FG ZC hood.

ef91

• 87 stock box
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 black hatch si, 91 red hatch si
    • Image Gallery
damn.. don't own a 1g...... but i'am sure it will look really nice on all the rex's out there....

timmydogg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500s & 2010 F-150 Supercrew
I have already paid $360 for a one-piece fiberglass hood. So I'm in for a 1 piece flat style fiberglass hood. At this point I don't care if it's perfect. I'd take a test hood or demo piece. This is for my race car so it doesn't have to look perfect, just has to replace the header panel and hood which currently I do not have either.

Buford

• Merlin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Toyota Tundra SR5
I still want a 3g CF hood.

Marcus,
One way to get around making a second mold for the hood frame is to use structural foam with a layer of CF or eglass over it. You would place the 1/4 inch to 3/8 flexible foam over the Hood layer in the mold, then cover with the over sheet of CF/eglass, vacuum bag, and cure. End grain balsa wood is another option. Both of these are used as deck cores on boats, large and small, cruise and race. This is also used on race car bodies, and aircraft.

SEE: http://www.fibreglast.com/
for supplies
Buford Out

wyclefcupcake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 honda crx si CONVERTIBLE by R. Stramman
    • Image Gallery
k but every1 i still have dibs on the 1st cf one piece hood! (zc bump preferred)
hahahaha

smile.gif

and $520 even with an extra 100 or whatever shipping isnt bad for a one piece hood that is one of a kind and will save me from replacing that STUPID (#$(*$#*(ING PLASTIC HEADER PANEL ONCE A YEAR!!1111!!

ty mr d
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434210 - thats my ride, 1985 honda crx si convertible by R. Stramman.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
All these replies are great. I think we can start a collection!!!!

We'll just start taking order and whatever gets to 10 pieces first wins. Sounds like it will be the zc one

Marcus

b16cRex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si
1 peice zc sounds great, what do i do to place an order?

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
I would love to have a CF ZC hood for my sedan but i dont have the $$$.
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

toxicshit

im still willing to buy one wink.gif and i would love a dry carbon hood if your willing to send it to The Netherlands.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg