Keep Rpr.com - Facebook Isn't The Answer

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

There actually is​ a meter on the Forums page under where the link to donate to Pay Pal is shown. If up to date, it currently shows at 10%. 

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

Yeah, but 10% of what?  If it were 10% of $50, that would change how much most would donate than if it was 10% of $500. 

jgreaves42

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
So it seems. I didn't read the entire thread I guess. The point still stands.
Just to further it. I use this site on my phone and the mobile version doesn't show the sidebar detail at all.
J

Edited by jgreaves42, 19 November 2016 - 11:29 PM.

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

Yeah, but 10% of what?  If it were 10% of $50, that would change how much most would donate than if it was 10% of $500. 

A search didn't bring up any of the original postings by Tom about the costs to maintain the site, so I am going on what my feeble memory seems to remember...I want to say that yearly fees were in the $1K area...could definitely be off on that. I don't think he ever gave a figure for his time which is certainly worth something. I would venture to say that he has never received enough to cover the costs completely and has simply been making up the difference out of pocket. The slider bar was supposed to indicate what percent of this yearly fee amount had been covered by donations. We'll obviously have to wait for Tom to weigh in on this if/when he chooses.

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"

CSPCRX

Agree need to know how much. glad to see the site is staying!

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (HPDE-4 NASA & TA-AB Time Attack)

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

sedanman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx dx 88 sedan 93 sedan
I am willing to help I would like to know how much you guys lack.

Billy.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Sorry guys, late to the party. Obviously I did renew the hosting (it was that, not the domain itself that was due), I have not updated the donation meter in a long time. In terms of costs, I ballpark it at about $1,000, hosting fees are half of that, and various other license and site fees add a bit. I don't think we hit the mark last year, previous years have done well enough, I don't have a current number for this year but I think we are close to the halfway mark. As you've probably noticed I haven't been on the site much lately, just too busy unfortunately. There are some long overdue upgrades, and a new look that Genone has been working on that I really like, but I've just been bogged down with life in general and haven't had any spare time to work on it. Same with the gallery and service manual, although that problem is much worse. Nothing is lost in terms of content, there is an issue with the software that I haven't been able to resolve (see: lack of time). I hope to have some spare time over the holidays to give the site some love, but I can't promise anything. 

I hope that helps provide some context, and thanks for sticking around!

"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF, 1985 Honda CRX SI, 2003 Land Rover Disco
    Garage View Garage

Thanks for the update Tom!

Build thread: "Skittle 2.0" - http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1
Build thread 2: "Red Daily"http://www.redpepper...topic=55687&hl=

My Classic Honda Blog - http://genone-blog.blogspot.com/

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."