October 17th Rpr Meet Pics

• You cannot reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sorry, I got some of the pics uploaded, but ended up so tired that I passed out and had to sleep. I am going to finish uploading them now....

D16CRX, my mistake, its really hard to keep track of all you guys... I'll fix it up.

Cheers,
Mark

Edited by Rampage, 18 October 2004 - 05:04 AM.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Okay, Pics are ready!

First, a summary.

I made my way down to ironwood mall for 7:30. Unfortunately, the day before, I went to the insurance place too late, and didn't manage to get a permit for the Bulldog... so once again, I wasn't able to get both my cars ready sad.gif There is always next time. Anyhow, I got to ironwood, and shortly after cvcc wagon showed up and we talked until eldo arrived. We had breakfast and head out to meet up with Aren D. Once at the meeting point, we cruised up to BCIT.

At BCIT we met up with Jonsey, 3gencivic, Mark Petriw, and 87ClubRed.... I am getting a bad feeling I am forgetting someone...

We hung out there and chatted for a bit, it was good to meet Mark for the first time, and see Jonsey's beautiful purple CRX... biggrin.gif Unfortunately a bunch of people didn't show up, but life goes on... and they missed out big time wink.gif

We then cruised out to mission, it was a very civilized drive, and it was great to see 8 cars driving together that way.

Once at mission we met up with CRXSteve, D16CRX, and T-Bone... Chris (don't know your last name) also was there, he owns a green 4G (I think) He's got some footage of my car from the CRX Meet in White Rock, hopefully I can get that! Props to T-Bone for driving out in the rain with slicks.... Now he's a crazy one!

We stood outside windy and freezing for about 5 minutes until we quickly retreated into the Tim Hortons... some of us enjoying their new Roasted Red Pepper sandwich laugh.gif

Big thanks to Doodson for getting us complimentary passes, with those, we all only had to pay $2.50 to get in! Once there we went to get some pics, but Doodson pulled up in the RCMP Pacer Civic and said, "for all those who want a lap around the track, follow me!"

Without even a half second of hesitation, and like a bunch of little boys, we closed our hoods and jumped in our cars. Doodson took us around the track for a couple of warm laps, it was soooo much fun! Definately the highlight of the meet, to be able to take it out on the track and wind it up a bit, and, I'm sure for just about everybody, learn what understeer is all about. rolleyes.gif

Once back parked, we took a few more pics and watched the races. That was very entertaining stuff, to see all the cars ripping down the track, especially the very beefy 930 turbo porsche, the spinouts, and naturally, Doodson starting at the back of the pack and eating up the difference. He started 16th I believe, and finished 6th overall... a very good show! The 930 porsche was a monster, but on track with all the FF Honda's, it wasn't doing quite as well. The finish happened to be the 930 porche, followed by 5 Civics and CRX's... not bad at all!

After that we headed over to Boston Pizza, well deserved after being out in the rain freezing and soaking our butts off. Chris from Washington showed up late, but he was there too! We had dinner, decided that it is mandatory that we rent out the track for hot laps sometime, that some of us should start taking the road racing driver training, and that we should get into auto-x as well. I think it was unanimous (sp?) that after a couple laps around the track we have all been converted to road racers/auto-xers, even Ed, the hardcorest of hardcore drag guys wink.gif

That said, here are the pics:

T-Bone's Slicks:

Eldo working on T-Bone's car, for the carb mod.

GT4 CRX

Doodson in the staging area:

Racing Pics:

Doodson (the hardest working guy in the pit, props!)

Doodson's Race Car

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The Lot of us at Boston Pizza:

From Left to Right: Chris, 87ClubRed, 3gencivic, T-Bone, another Chris, Eldo, Mark Petriw.

There are well over 80 pics in my album (mostly of Doodson's car on track!)

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
wow looks like fun!!! to bad im wayyyy the hell over on the east coast laugh.gif

sean

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cool! I wish I could have been there...I have to say, Aren, your car is bad-ass....
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

jonesy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx dx, 90 Skyline GTR
I had a blast!! Grande thanks to Mark for setting up the meet (man that's early for a sunday!!!) and Chris Doodson for the practise laps and the passes. Can't wait for the next one!!!

jonesy
85 CRX DX: 4-2-1 header, 11:1, P&P, 4 32mm mikuni's
90 Skyline GTR: Filters, I/C Hard Pipes, Downpipe, 3.5" de-catted exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC, HKS SSQV's, and on and on...

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rpr @ Oct 18 2004, 07:40 AM)
I have to say, Aren, your car is bad-ass....

Ya I didnt get a real good look at it , but that was my thoughts aswell biggrin.gif

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
the meet was awsome, the 2 laps around mission where worth the drive.

Doodson I wanted to say nice job and thanks for the pass and invite to you in person, but I left after your first race and you were busy changeing tires and doing your brakes so I didnt want to get in your way, but thank you.

every one it was awsome to see you and your cars in person, I have much inspiretion to mod my car more.

canidia is cold.

oh and I got a lot of viedo of your 1st race doodson, I will try to up load.

cvcc_wagon

• PipPip
    • Drives: 1983 Civic Wagon 1.8l w/ sidrdraft Webers
    • Image Gallery
Here are Mark Petriw's pics
-Andrew Smit-
now the non-cvcc_wagon
mail to: smit_andrew (at) hotmail (dot) com
user posted image

-->Updated Honda Engine List Here<--

Mmmm... Webers

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cool, but seriously, you guys need to learn how to take action pictures... smile.gif

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My car looks friggin HUGE! wink.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

cvcc_wagon

• PipPip
    • Drives: 1983 Civic Wagon 1.8l w/ sidrdraft Webers
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rpr @ Oct 18 2004, 07:29 PM)
Cool, but seriously, you guys need to learn how to take action pictures... smile.gif

it's the damn 2 second delay on my digi cam. my pic of doodson and that old 1200 civic weren't half bad tho
-Andrew Smit-
now the non-cvcc_wagon
mail to: smit_andrew (at) hotmail (dot) com
user posted image

-->Updated Honda Engine List Here<--

Mmmm... Webers

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cool, but seriously, you guys need to learn how to take action pictures...

it's the damn 2 second delay on my digi cam. my pic of doodson and that old 1200 civic weren't half bad tho

I second that. Never using my digital camera for action again....SLR only.

I uploaded a short video of the start....if anyone knows how to make that more user friendly, chime in....

Page 2....The Start

Edited by 87ClubRed, 18 October 2004 - 11:55 PM.

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Cool video biggrin.gif

Doodson

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (87ClubRed @ Oct 19 2004, 12:52 AM)
Cool, but seriously, you guys need to learn how to take action pictures...

I second that. Never using my digital camera for action again....SLR only.

Well, you have to anticipate the delay, and pan with the car the whole time. All it takes is a little practice, which is easy with a digital.