My Dish Network Experience

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
Perfect Opportunity to get the "premium package" for 12 months...no charge wink.gif...oh, and the DVR with dual tuner.

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JDN169 @ Oct 3 2005, 10:51 AM)
We have cable internet, the lady and i both have cell phones so we see no need for a home phone.

As for Dish....well, they were the cheapest, and i think im beginning to see why....

wait a second here. they let you have the cable internet without getting the cable t.v.? my cable company wont sell me just the internet, they make me have the shitty t.v. service also..........pricks sad.gif

just for the record, my internet speed was cut in half when i "upgraded" to this shitty ass cable internet. mad.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
I have Direct Tv and never had any issues we pay approx. $50 for the total choice plus w/ 2 recievers. The set up of the dish and boxes is easy hell u could get a monkey to line up the dish lol. I bet ur prob is the card they gave u that slides in the back it prob isn't flashed w/ local ch package. If u lived closer I'd come help u man I'am good w/home theater, sat, tv etc hookup. On my reciever u goto system, antenna, antenna location then enter the zip code and that should tell u what Azimuth and Elevation u need to align the dish properly that could be ur prob also.

The guy at Circuit City tried to hire me on the spot to help him install custom home theaters cause thats where the big $$$ r.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
wait a second here. they let you have the cable internet without getting the cable t.v.? my cable company wont sell me just the internet, they make me have the shitty t.v. service also..........pricks sad.gif

I have just cable internet (can't remember the last time the TV was on actually). I have to pay a $10 a month surcharge because I don't have the TV service.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Surestick @ Oct 3 2005, 04:40 PM)

I have just cable internet (can't remember the last time the TV was on actually). I have to pay a $10 a month surcharge because I don't have the TV service.

Lucky you I have to pay $20 sad.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

JDN14

Well, after a rather unpleasant phone call this morning they finally sent two guys out. We FINALLY have all our channels. He said the satellite wasn't quite lined up right. It only took 6 days... dry.gif

enjoy,

Jacques
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
complain...seriously. One time at a restaruant i ordered a chocolate peanut butter milkshake but they forgot then my gf was all "he had a milkshake" then the lady was like "oh, i am sorry" and i got a free chocolate peanut butter milkshake. And at burgerking it took about 8 minutes for them to get me my two chicken sandwhiches so i got a free hershey pie.

So...what you should do is have the wife/girlfriend call up customer service and complain. Don't use a cell-phone though...use your neighbors! ha...yeah...shitty deal man

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JDN169 @ Oct 4 2005, 11:45 AM)
Well, after a rather unpleasant phone call this morning they finally sent two guys out.  We FINALLY have all our channels.  He said the satellite wasn't quite lined up right.  It only took 6 days... dry.gif  enjoy, Jacques

I'll give you something to say when you call in to complain.

When the usual flunky answers the customer assistance line, calmly tell the person answering, "you're not paid enough to deal with me. Please direct my call to your manager." From there, the froth and, ultimately, the response from them is up to you. Good luck Jim... this tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
I figured it was 1 of the 2 prob's. Damn thats just sad they couldn't line the dish up correctly when it's so friggin easy.

So what kind of reciever u get ?..a HDTV w/ 5.1 they run $199.99 how bout a DVR or TIVO or did u get the standard receiver w/S-video and 5.1.

JDN14

right now it's just a standard with S-video and 5.1. However, i think ill call them up, ive endured enough pain and suffering to warrant a DVR laugh.gif

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have Comcast High Speed and it was the same price whether or not I got the basic cable package... so I got the few channels that it offers. If any of you are on Charter Communications you do know that as long as you have a digital box you can get free internet access if you get your own cable modem... the filter for the internet is the same as for the digital cable laugh.gif Comcast uses the Serial # of the cable modem to grant access so all you would get is a stupid comcast page if you tried it with them
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

JDN14

Well, it's been 7 or 8 months now. The reception has always been OK...not great but OK . Until two weeks ago when a HUGE chunk of channels (most of the ones we watch) stopped coming in.

So i call them up, they should just be able to send a tech out right?....wrong! Im informed (after they schedule a guy to come out) that it'll be $30. Not much but it's not my fault stuff's going wrong and im cheap. So i BS some excuse and they cancel the appointment.

The next day i call and try to get customer service. I get routed to some foreign country by the sound of it. I tell him that it's ridiculous that i have to pay...he asks what my problem is and i tell him. Before i can say anything he transfers me back to tech.

After 20 minutes on hold someone finally answers. I tell her i already talked to tech support yesterday and they had me go through the troubleshooting process to no avail. What does she do? Takes me through the whole process again and tells me the same damn thing yesterdays tech did!!

After this i tell her i dont want to pay $30, here response? "well normally it's $99 but you have a warranty". Great, so i just pay a ridiculous amount instead of an obscene one. I tell her that's fine, i want to cancel my service then. She transfers me to the appropriate people and i tell them to cancel. They tell me if i dont cancel i can get a free tech visit this once time (gee, how nice).

So the tech comes out (i was given a window between 12pm-5pm, he showed at 457) and says you need a tripod to clear a tree, ill have someone call you to set up another apointment today or tomorrow.

Here i am, three days later, no call, nothing. If i dont get a call by monday im cancelling my service and no amount of free crap can change that.

Avoid Dish network!!

/rant

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
jsut a heads up too. starchoise isnt so great eather.

im having revever issues i have had 2 die now and they keep saying its my line but i say its not becassue my spare never dies on it while the new ones are in th email. and then i have been waiting for internet from them and turns out its only dialup phone line... sorry highspeed cable beats that.

looks like all satalite componies suck.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
man i hate star choice there a buch of dill holes mad.gif and rodgers those bastrards rip me off on tv and rodgers on my cellphone get digital cable its just like a dish but cheaper and donesnt go out from a cloud in the way of the signal laugh.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have direct tv and have had it for many years.. never 1 problem at all.. my brother just got dish network in his new house and has had problems with them from DAY 1.. very unprofessional he said and also that the technicians are idiots ..