• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT

Mr.87Rex,

How are you doing with your car? Hope you will have it ready. If it isn't, show up for the meet in something else. You may get some inspiration from your fellow NorCal members. I'm looking forward to seeing KSousa's CRX and his custom body parts. And I've seen 1stGenHybridCR-X's car. Fresh paint and the body kit looks great!

I should finish swapping my carb tomorrow. Hopefully, that will be the final step for making it run right. So hopefully, I will be there in my CRX - not a Celica.

GLHS988

if i can finish my swap in time count me in

A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

arkaengel

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx hf, 86 Toyoya 4Runner, 99 Ford F150 Lariat, 2012 Ford Fles Titanium
    Garage View Garage
Crap. Just saw this post and will try to get someone to switch my shift at work. If so N NV my represent as well.

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx

hope you can get the day off, we will be staying out for while i think so if can drop by later on thats cool also

8TEE6Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1986 Corvette Z-51 Coupe
    Garage View Garage
So I'm not sure what time you guys want go to until, but its Art and Wine festival in Los Altos, and I Bartender at a bar downtown so I will have to leave by 4. I tried to get out of it but there was no way :-/
Semper Fi youwhos

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm not too sure as well but we usually meet up for good couple of hours maybe til like 5 or 6 or later, well see it how it goes, anyway you will be there for most of it

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

We'll probably go until we're done with grub and tired of driving around the backroads. If you have to head out at 4, that should be fine.  You'll probably just be skipping driving a little after lunch.  Not a big deal. 

Update on my car:  Carburetor is installed.  Found more problems along the way.  A couple of vacuum lines that checked out fine just a month ago had cracks in them.  Not sure how that short time and 21 miles of driving did that.  Carburetor seems to be fine, but still struggling with the adjustments.  Keeps dying out when I stop.  I'm out of spare time to work on it, so off to my mechanic tomorrow to see if he can tweak it further and find out why it is dying out.

GLHS988

So I'm not sure what time you guys want go to until, but its Art and Wine festival in Los Altos, and I Bartender at a bar downtown so I will have to leave by 4. I tried to get out of it but there was no way :-/

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

dtpten

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 hatch with d16a1 brown top wiring almost done! Daily driver 2011 CRZ
    • Image Gallery

Looking forward to this meet..

Will be heading out from sac to santa clara saturday and santa clara to half mooon sunday.

-brian

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
One more day :)

8TEE6Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Got here at 1, where is everyone?
Semper Fi youwhos

arkaengel

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 crx hf, 86 Toyoya 4Runner, 99 Ford F150 Lariat, 2012 Ford Fles Titanium
    Garage View Garage
How was the meet up??

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It was good meet, one of my favs, we all had a chance to talk about out car builds and future mods and what not, there were even some other unique old school sports cars that were there there by chance as well, the drive through skyline rd after was a blast and we all got a much needed lunch to follow. We should have it at the same place next year its a great location. Photos will be put up soon

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

All,

Good meet. Great chance to see each other's cars and catch up with each other.  Seeing KSousa's handiwork on both his header panel and fenders was great.  For all of you still debating the quality of his work, I will tell you that I was impressed by what I saw of his work.  We wound up hanging out at the meeting spot for so long that 8tee6Si had to leave before we had the chance to head for some grub.  Apologies if he went to work hungry.

Our cars wound up mixed in with another car gathering at the same location this year.  Thus, a Nissan Skyline, a Ferrari 328 GTS, a BMW 3.0 CS, and an Audi A8 were mixed into the middle of our group.  It was mutual sharing and admiration for each other's cars with that group.  Unfortunately, my Straman was still having a stalling problem and was not in attendance.  Thus, I brought a slightly out of place 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible to the meet.  

Here is the link to my photos:

http://s303.photobuc...a RPR Meet 2013

Enjoy!

GLHS988

8TEE6Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
[quote name="GLHS988" post="557093" timestamp="1373952281"]All,

Good meet. Great chance to see each other's cars and catch up with each other.  Seeing KSousa's handiwork on both his header panel and fenders was great.  For all of you still debating the quality of his work, I will tell you that I was impressed by what I saw of his work.  We wound up hanging out at the meeting spot for so long that 8tee6Si had to leave before we had the chance to head for some grub.  Apologies if he went to work hungry.

Our cars wound up mixed in with another car gathering at the same location this year.  Thus, a Nissan Skyline, a Ferrari 328 GTS, a BMW 3.0 CS, and an Audi A8 were mixed into the middle of our group.  It was mutual sharing and admiration for each other's cars with that group.  Unfortunately, my Straman was still having a stalling problem and was not in attendance.  Thus, I brought a slightly out of place 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible to the meet.  

Here is the link to my photos:

http://s303.photobuc...a RPR Meet 2013

Enjoy!

Agreed :/, was very hungry , but that just calls for another meet much sooner. Definitely awesome to meet people who share the same interests in product I do.

I too will upload some pics soon, and maybe we can all meet on 8/10 for the historic J event
Semper Fi youwhos

1stgenhybridCR-X

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Agreed :/, was very hungry , but that just calls for another meet much sooner. Definitely awesome to meet people who share the same interests in product I do.

I too will upload some pics soon, and maybe we can all meet on 8/10 for the historic J event

Im down for 8/10/13 historic J event for another meet up

I agree KSousa's fiberglass products looked amazing they were strong and perfectly fitted and better match than the aftermarket plastics available. I especially loved the header panel-gives a more sporty appearance

Also nice to see more civics this time around

dtpten

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 hatch with d16a1 brown top wiring almost done! Daily driver 2011 CRZ
    • Image Gallery

hey everyone, sundays meet was cool. I wanted to express to anyone interested in the photos i took i can send you the high res files via a zipped file to your personal emails, or i can also dropbox it. Let me know!

Brian

-dtpten