1g Crx B18 A1

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ May 9 2006, 04:34 PM)
lemme guess.  Arlington?

i wonder about you sometimes......you just say stuff that.....doesnt make sense......

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
just FYI that was a very quick and simple guide to the majority of the things needed and that you "could" choose to use, of course the opinions on which one is better or more effective or which one looks "cooler" will be as many as the amounts of stickers that you can put on your car to make it "faster" hahahahahaha but seriously people will throw stuff at you about what's better and what sucks, i just gave you a general idea of what was needed. do as you please. wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

E-AT CIVIC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i heard that the 86-89 cv shaft work,is it true??

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT CIVIC @ May 17 2006, 04:10 PM)
i heard that the 86-89 cv shaft work,is it true??

this is false. you CAN squeeze them in there but as soon as you set the car on the ground and try to drive it the joints WILL bind up which will cause bad things....like broken joints and being stranded about 100 feet from your home. i think every member here with a B series in thier 1/3G has tried the 86-89 axles and only one claims to have success using them. i think thats C8V6C.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

E-AT CIVIC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok so the cheapest way is to buy bare axle from raxle.com and put integra inner and outer joints??

CSPCRX

Living in the desert and racing I have found the full size radiator issue to ring true. Header just heats it up. Aftermarket sells a HF style half size modle F1264 for about $142 that is dual row as well. Switch to one of these if I can not get a HF style aluminum rad made for a resonable price. Got one quote of $550. TO MUCH $$$.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Vicious

can someone ballpark the cost of the swap all said and done not the cheapest or most expensive cost somewhere in teh middle. I'm thinking it'd be around $4k or am i wrong?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (CSPCRX @ May 17 2006, 06:44 PM)
Living in the desert and racing I have found the full size radiator issue to ring true. Header just heats it up. Aftermarket sells a HF style half size modle F1264 for about $142 that is dual row as well. Switch to one of these if I can not get a HF style aluminum rad made for a resonable price. Got one quote of $550. TO MUCH $$$.

Mind passing on your source for the dual core F1264 HF style radiator? My Si's radiator is on its last legs, and I'm considering swapping in one of the smaller HF-sized ones. I did a search in the forums and apparently a DelSol radiator fits okay, but I don't want to deal with the extra monkeying around required. Thanks -

Trent & Chuck

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Where can I get some 1st gen B series mounts?

Dose ne 1 have some that I can buy?

Vicious

hasport

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

CSPCRX

QUOTE (pvbcrx @ May 17 2006, 06:44 PM)

Mind passing on your source for the dual core F1264 HF style radiator? My Si's radiator is on its last legs, and I'm considering swapping in one of the smaller HF-sized ones. I did a search in the forums and apparently a DelSol radiator fits okay, but I don't want to deal with the extra monkeying around required. Thanks -

Here are a few
http://pa.partsandac...adiator&dp=true
I found it on the web while searching for radiator measurements to have one made. I am sure a lot of places carry it. Hope this helps.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (CSPCRX @ May 17 2006, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (pvbcrx @ May 17 2006, 06:44 PM)

Here are a few
http://pa.partsandac...adiator&dp=true
I found it on the web while searching for radiator measurements to have one made. I am sure a lot of places carry it. Hope this helps.

Sweet! Thanks a bunch.

Malkolm666

A litle Offtopic:

QUOTE (crxls @ May 7 2006, 07:35 PM)
hasport buys thier axles from raxles.com for a marked up price. contact Marty at raxles.com for either full axles or bare axle shaft's. if you buy full axles with the joints on them you will need to upgrade to the 86-89 integra knuckles and hubs and have the benefit of the bigger brakes. if you choose just the axle shafts you will have to put B series inner joints on them and your choice of outers that match your hub's (which means you COULD use your current knuckles, hubs and beakes. if im not mistaken the bare shaft's from raxles.com are about $65 each.

Sorry, but its not true, I spoke to Marty last wednesday, and I asked him about the Hasport axles and listen careful now:
-He has never ever sold an axle to HASPORT. and thats a fact.
Hasport just stole his design and make their one axles in china...
Catch me if you can...
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
[

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (crxls @ May 7 2006, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ May 7 2006, 12:52 PM)
Transmission: Japanese or American market S1, J1, A1, Y1, or YS1
Mounts: Hasport Mount kit M84-B16-10
ECU: Recommend Zdyne ECU for use with 85-87 Si and this engine. You can use a PR4 with the proper electrical modifications.
Axles: Hasport custom axle shafts used with the 86-89 Integra inner and outer joints and the 86-89 Integra knuckles and hub assemblies.
Shift Linkage: Hasport custom linkage, lengthened stock linkage, or lengthened 86-89 Integra linkage.
Electrical differences: If using the ZDYNE ECU add EACV, Cylinder sensor, ECU memory and Igniter signal. If using the PG7 also add VSS and ELD. Custome Hasport conversion harness available for use with ZDYNE modified ECU.
Upper radiator hose: 90-91 Integra, trim to fit.
Lower radiator hose: 90-91 Integra, trim to fit.
Throttle cable: 90-91 Integra
Clutch cable: 88-91 Civic
Air conditioning: No !
Special instructions: You need to put a large dent in the frame rail for the alternator clearance!!!
Special considerations: None it is Smog legal if all original emmissions equipment from the 90-93 integra is kept and used!!! So do it!!!!

Was that enough man!?!?!?!?! hahahahaha

more specifically, any cable clutch B series transmission with the exception of the prelude B20A's

yes, hasports or there is rumored to be a new mount kit coming out for LOTS cheaper

hasport buys thier axles from raxles.com for a marked up price. contact Marty at raxles.com for either full axles or bare axle shaft's. if you buy full axles with the joints on them you will need to upgrade to the 86-89 integra knuckles and hubs and have the benefit of the bigger brakes. if you choose just the axle shafts you will have to put B series inner joints on them and your choice of outers that match your hub's (which means you COULD use your current knuckles, hubs and beakes. if im not mistaken the bare shaft's from raxles.com are about $65 each.

i used my stock shift linkage and stabilizer bar. then i cut them and added 2 inches to one of them and a 2.5 inch section to the other one. can not remember which one got which ammount added though but would be more than happy to climb under my car and take a look if needed.

i wired up the OBD1 94 integra wiring harness into my car from headlights to taillights including integra fuse boxes, relays and ECU. if you ask 5 guys with B swaps in thier 1/3G cars how they wired thier cars up you will most likely get 5 different answers.

im not sure about this. i used my stock CRX upper radiator hose.

92-93 integra GSR lower radiator hose with approximately 1 inch trimmed off at the radiator. trim off just enough that the hose doesnt rub on your clutch lever arm.

use whatever throttle cable you can find that will bolt up to your intake manifold properly.

stock civic/CRX clutch cable works just fine. i used my stock crx cable.

bryman had AC in his B powered CRX but my understanding is that it was a bitch to make fit and loads of fabrication.

yep, big bent in drivers side (left side) frame rail

i'll also add that in my case the stock crx speedometer cable worked perfect. i would suggest using a HF or some other type of "half sized" radiator. when you first think about it you think "well a full size would cool better because it's twice the size". well in theory you are correct but in this situation you couldnt be any more wrong because with a full sized radiator your exhaust manifold and downpipe are so close to the extra half of radiator that you have there that it is actually heating up the coolant and causing higher coolant temps. with the "half size" radiator you dont have any radiator slammed up against the exhaust manifold (like 1/2 inch or less clearance). you will also have to source some type of VSS (vehicle speed sensor) to read off of your speedometer cluster to transfer that information to the ECU.

Great summary guys...it bares repeating.
Thanks!

down4ce

If someone has the ability to.. 2 or 3 pictures of the custom axles with arrows pointing to/labeling the custom and 86+ integra parts would be beneficial to many people.