The Kakabox Is For Sale!

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
THE KAKABOX IS SOLD!

Thanks for all the reply's and compliments guys.

I priced this not to make any money...but to add incentive to the RPR faithful to purchase it and continue on w/it.

I've received plenty of 'payments' from this car. Everthing from planning, building, blogging, running and showing it has provided favorable interactions w/fellow car geeks, both Honda and non-Honda fans alike.
It always would make me smile when I went to an AX and people would look curiously at the car early in the AM when I drove it in...then come by after the AM runs to ask if it had 'VTEC', or turbo, or why it was posting times faster than theirs! "How much does that thing weigh" was the prevailing question.

Anyway...I'm here to tell you that the Kakabox has been sold (in <12 hrs) to one of our fellow RPR's. It sounds like it's going to a very good home...to one of the faithful.

Thanks all,
J.

Buford

• Merlin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Toyota Tundra SR5
I cannot tell a lie...IT WAS ME. It was either payoff the Tundra early or buy a piece of Art. So I bought the Art work.

So believe me this car will be treated like a baby. Will not undo anything J. has done on it. We'll make sure that a build board is done for it and tell who the builder was as well as how it was documented on Red Pepper Racing. I'm pretty sure it will go to Import Alliance this year and be displayed. Will try to get it in a Mag and get J. interviewed.

All of our hatch shells were either bent or rusted through. We've have been looking for a good straight rust free hatch when this opportunity came along.

Now all of our spare parts can be applied to the Rex Race car. Now have to figure out which Hatch parts we will keep and which ones we will sell.

Thanks J. for sharing this build with everybody and giving me the opportunity to continue its legacy.

Buford Out

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Could not have gone to a better buyer smile.gif
Congrats on the purchase Buford!

Blue87Crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Crx Si
Wow Lucky atleast the car is gonna get tooken care of by a Rpr Member..

rsz_971991_671350239558346_1410908049_n_

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If I didn't just put a roof on the house this month it would have sold in < 3 hours. Congrats Buford and J. But, from Ohio I think The Kakabox can now make it to East Coast meets!!!

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Buford @ Feb 25 2012, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..... I'm pretty sure it will go to Import Alliance this year and be displayed.....

surely you mean the one in tennessee right? biggrin.gif

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Feb 26 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
surely you mean the one in tennessee right? biggrin.gif

...ditto

Jeff

RedSIBaron

• buford's problem child
  • PipPip
No worries all. To understand, the kaka box is very close to the build that was planned for the resurrection of my red 86si. Buford began teaching me everything he knows about cars forcing me to begin rebuilding my 86si as my first car at age 15. We will be taking great care to expand upon this car in an appropriate manner.

That said, YES we will be taking the car to import alliance in tn This year. Look for it with the team function guys. We had a booth the last two years, but may not do one this year, but well be there.

Id really like to see an rpr group there this year, as there was essentially no presence the last year.

just have the 87 1G crx and an f150 now...womp womp
-Charles McCusker-

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
Holy Geez! What the heck did I miss? I came across this doing a search for "Autopower". I'm glad to see another RPR member is going to take care of it. I'm sad to see the PNW losing a great car. I'm heading across the mountain next month with Pugly for a ChumpCar race, and I was going to send an IM to see if I could see the Kakabox in person.

Don't you hate that feeling? "It's right there, but I don't have time to see it. I'll see it next time." And now it's on the other side of the country.
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

Buford

• Merlin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '07 Toyota Tundra SR5
We took the car to Import Alliance, Gustav. See write up on This site on anybody attending Inport Alliance. Also we are continuing to develop the car and trying to stay pretty period correct. Started a new thread KaKaBox II. We are behind posting picks etc.
Buford Out