34 replies to this topic

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jul 12 2006, 08:00 PM)
You make me wonder. blink.gif

What, a guy can't compliment a fine webstud like Tom in good jest without having to declare "No homo?"
biggrin.gif

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Jul 12 2006, 08:30 PM)
What, a guy can't compliment a fine webstud like Tom in good jest without having to declare "No homo?"
biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif You mean you aren't a homosapien? ph34r.gif

Everybody duck Stu's head is going to split open and a mean little creature is going to slide across the intraweb. ph34r.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Scott, you can just size it down a bit, so it's 150 pixels high...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My sig was a little large also so I sized it down.

Is it ok Tom?
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
mines a good size

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
150x450 for an image, and a few lines of text. You are fine.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
hey is plagiarism allowed?!?!?!??! I feel so violated!?!?!? hahahahaha
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

86crxlilmikey

• so many 5.0's so little time
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 honda crx si rest in peace 63 volkswagen bug (with a porsche 911 motor) 85 civic s hatch and a 87 prelude si
hay i lost one of my real good friends at a street race in 03 and im not going to lie or eany thing i use to do it but when he got killed after a guy in a s10 puled out in front of him it opend a lot of pepoples eyes sence then i and alot of his friend and my whole car club joined r.a.s.r

in his memory

godspeed

rip
joe hutcheson

1979- 2003

and thanks tom for a place to hang and vent

Edited by 86crxlilmikey, 18 July 2006 - 01:39 PM.

if you have NO FEAR than your not fast enough

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
i lost one of my real good friends at a street race in 03

I've lost three friends to Drunk Drivers.

Two of them were on motorcycles and got hit at intersections when the Drunk Drivers ran the red light and killed them.

Another was t-boned on the driver's door when she was driving. Another Drunk running a red light. The drivers door was pushed past the left edge of the passenger seat. She never had a chance.

So I've got a thing about Drunk Driving as well as Street Racing.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
My kids will grow up autocrossing/racing, so driving will not be a big deal, and hopefully they won't do stupid stuff on the street.
Andy Pilgrim, who drives the Team cadillac CTS-V Race Car is selling a video on Essential Techniques for Young Drivers called 'The Driving Zone'. It features Dale Earnhardt Jr..

Every parent should have "The Driving Zone" as part of their child's driving education
Hosted by Andy Pilgrim and featuring Dale Earnhardt Jr. Presented by The Dale Earnhardt Foundation and endorsed by Teresa Earnhardt

Concentration & Driving tips from Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Learn the importance of establishing YOUR reason to be a Safe, Competent & Considerate driver

Learn how to deal with (or eliminate) common and dangerous Internal Distractions

Learn techniques for creating awareness of potentially dangerous driving situations

You can see it here:

http://www.andypilgr...mework/HOME.htm
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
My boys have taken the Vehicle Dynamics course taught at Irwindale Speedway and this weekend the kid that is not scuba diving at Catalina island will be takng the Autocross course taught by the So Cal Solo2 region.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
My parents would never send me to something like that. I think that would be really fun though.

You guys have to realize that every kid thats sixteen is going to street race. Im sixteen myself, and I think street racing is pretty damn stupid. Sure its got its excitment, but the consequences out weigh the fun by a long shot. Its really only 10-20 people out of the 1000 at our school that street race. Everyone jokes about them and their silly riced out cars anyways.(I really hate those giant spoilers, and the racing stickers everyone puts on their cars. Is that soposed to make it faster?)huh.gif

Ive intentionally gone into an empty parkinglot and drove around a bit, testing the limits. Who hasent done that? There are certain things that are good to do when you first drive, like driving on a gravel road and braking hard to see how things react. Ive never done anything as stupid as street racing in a car though. Nothing that could harm anyone else. I have more respect for my life, other peoples lives, and I have more common sense than that. There are too many risks involved in a situation like that.

Driving is like skydiving(yeah I know random). If you go to a school to get driving lessons its like jumping with a instructor tied to you, so if you make any mistakes its ok because the instructor is there to help. Preparing yourself by driving in a parkinglot or something similar where you cant cause any harm is like taking lessons then jumping alone. Theres some risks but they arent nearly as bad as the alternative. Going out and street racing is like jumping without lessons out of a plane and trying to do syncronized moves with another person... Someones gonna get hurt. And finally drunk driving is like jumping out of a plane with an anvil strapped to you. Not much hope for you then... ph34r.gif

My friends have gotten really lucky. About half of my friends have gotten in car accidents, but no one has been hurt badly. I myself have had some close calls where Ive judged a turn wrong or didnt see the gravel on the road. But now I know what to look for when Im driving. Drivings just a dangerous thing, and doing crazy shit doesnt make it any less dangerous, you just have to be as safe as possible.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (warder @ Jul 30 2006, 06:23 AM)
...something like that (costs) probably 5-10K

The autocross course cost $70 for the day and they provide lunch. I think it was another $40 if you wanted to come back for the second day.

In California, the CHP has a FREE course for young drivers.

A day of "Open Track" at Willowsprings costs about $125 for a full day of track time and they provide training for noobs for free. Tracks all around the coutry have similar events.

Essentially, there is no monetary reason for anyone to:
A> race on the street
B> not get good instruction in high speed driving.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
I accidentally hit add reply then stopped it because I wasent finished, but thats alot cheaper than I thought it would be. Is there a list of tracks that have this kind of course? Id like the read into it a little bit.

Edited by warder, 30 July 2006 - 08:53 AM.