How Did You Come To Rpr?

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I kept running in to this place from links at other sites but every time I came here it made my online service crash so it took a long time befor I joined.
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rpr @ Mar 23 2006, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (GIFF @ Mar 23 2006, 07:02 PM)
because it's not like you type in crx into google and redpepperracing comes up.

Try "1g crx" and tell me what site is the first link. smile.gif

I was just saying I had no idea I had a 1st gen. Actually I can't recall ever seeing one before owning mine. Just second generation crxs. so I wouldn't have known to type in "1g crx". I think I might have found a link on honda-tech because thats where i went before I knew about this site.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

Street Luge

I bought my rex , which was a lemon and picked up a second one to use the first as parts, Met a guy Named VJ and helped him strip his parts car ( payed in parts biggrin.gif) then we went over to cloudpumps place for a bit then he told me about here , so i got alot of the crx forums at once !

and was all down hill from there

fastcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
I have been here since the beginning. I am the brother of Retrocrx. I remember my brother being on the resource then meeting up with Tom to get some parts and has been on this site since the early years under atleast 2 different names. I can't remember what his first name was (something like 86crxdx). I finally joined under my own name just the last year when I finally got a Civic of my own.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
i was lookign for 3g civic info, and all i found were useless sites and dead links.. the only stuff taht worked would refer to RPR, but RPR happened to be down for about a month cause tom was moving and didnt get his ISP setup right away..

so i bought the civic in july 2003, and joined rpr in august 2003.. 3000 posts later, my car is for sale and im moving on to my Nissan 300zx..
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
boy i got my first cars had two to make one. back in 2002 did most all my work myself. with at the time minmum of tools. then we got highspeed for cable in the area so i was able to surf the net longer and faster. went to automotivefurums.com for info on the car and redpepper keep being mentioned. so i tried it but at the time it was down for about a good 4months it seemed then one day it loged in and i read a bit then joind. mind you i had finished my car at the time and had well over 4k into in to find i was all rice and no go. so that changed in 2004 and i went to see a few drag races at a local track. tried my hand a few weeks later and was hooked. 2005 i went a few more times gettting a best of 16.5 with a guted87hatch with full tank and dc header stage2cam carberated. then it blew goign there the next week.
from 02 to now i have now owend, 2 84dx hatchs,1 86 dxsport hatch(firstcar) ,1 86si hatch, 1 87dx hatch.

RedRexDX

• Building SOHC Potential
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage ES; 1987 CRX Si
bought my first CRX when i started driving legally... 6 years ago. now ive got my 3rd one smile.gif
grr

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
i got my crx in the huge nasty breakup that occured between me and my girlfriend at the time,the engine blew and she said "if you want the F@#$in' car then you can have it".
so i spent the next several weeks/months(after awhile i lost track of time)searching the net to learn all i could about these cars and i just kinda stumbled across the almighty RPR,and now i know enough to finish building the ultimate "thats what you get for calling it a peice of shit"car.
HAHA take that dumb ex-girlfriend!
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

down4ce

I was told repeatedly by people on cardomain.com to come here and I finally did. My first time using/navigating a forum so it looked overwhelming.

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
i found out about RPR......aorund dec. of 04 or was it jan 05........not sure? i was lookin for performance paarts to upgrade it but googled everything to do with a crx and finally found RPR......i didnt have alot of access to internet so i didnt join when i wanted to
but i only had my rex a lil over six months, i got it for a graduation gift from my mom....the best present ever biggrin.gif

mrlindeman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
I wasa drunk and got lost. It was like walking into the light. I love this site! cool.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I think I got sent here from the Resource. It was a long time ago. But everything in my life was a long time ago.

There are scads of "CRX" sites but this is the only one dedicated to the 1st Gen. Within the Honda community this place is famous.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

C8V6C

I think I got linked from honda-tech......been here ever since. 03!

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I had heard of this place from I think CRX resource. Someone had also mentioned it when I found the NorCal CRX club, if memory serves. Wait a minute, I remember now... I was ordering my KYBs and the guy at the parts house said "hey, if you've got a 1G, perhaps you should visit this site." Anyway, I'm on my 4th CRX now, and have no reason to go anywhere else to find information on what I can do with my Rex. I did have to wait for a couple of months, though, as Tom was moving and the site was down when I first heard of it....dare I say, it was worth the wait.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Google search for" 3rd gen. civic"
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!