Cutting Up A 1g Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

Masta

QUOTE (1g_rex @ Dec 26 2004, 05:37 PM)
Id think on this site if anywhere people would understand how rare 1&3gs are coming, Especially Si's.. If i could have found a car in half as good of shape as the one in the pics to have as a project id be happy as fuck.... People need to think more and by cutting them up for no apparent reason but lazyness is just stupid.

Yeah, as Red Pepper's co-founder and the fabricator(read: Tig Welder by trade) of many of the rpr exclusive parts. Lets chalk this up to laziness dry.gif The car was rotten, I wouldn't have felt safe in a car that is not structurally sound, especially on a racetrack. Could the car have been rebuilt? sure, but for 3-4000$ dollars? Is it worth it? As one of the worlds biggest 1G CRX fans be assured the car was cut up for good reason. Was it a shame? you bet, and I miss the car like crazy. Will I buy another? No. I have gone to the dark side of VTEC and double wishbone suspensions and I'm quite happy there.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

Masta

QUOTE (Erik @ Dec 26 2004, 05:59 PM)
oh well...hey Masta was that you smiling with the club in your hand getting ready to smash the window??? cuz if it was right on man i bet that was fun as f#$k

Yep that was me, and yes it was very liberating. But I'll never do it again.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

1g_rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 240SX,300ZX,WRX,CRX
Well even tho, im sure u could have sold the car to a person who would have been happier than a pig in shit to fix it up.. Fuck if i had known ur were in Ontario i would have made u a offer for the thing.. Its too bad man. Enjoy you new cx.
2013 WRX
1990 240SX
1990 300ZX
1987 CRX Si

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
finally, some one who realizes fixing a rust bucket is NOT worth the time and effort.

I didnt cut mine up. I had it hauled away for free I left good 23mm tbars on the car too. I twas all stripped except for the wiring harness/hatch/subframe. I put to much god damn time and effort into that car for it to rot away 4 years later. There for I just let it sit then finally pitched it.

Edited by CRX8Grand, 26 December 2004 - 10:51 PM.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
If it was me I would just have stuck it in my backyard biggrin.gif

sad.gif
Rest In Pieces hehehe
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1g_rex @ Dec 26 2004, 05:34 PM)
.. Fuck if i had known ur were in Ontario i would have made u a offer for the thing..

If you're so hot to trot and want to put your money where your mouth is make an offer on this rust bucket biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ;

^^^Except it's worse now, we're cutting it up as soon as spring comes.

And we might do the same to the blue Canadian HF, since Cpiddy is having hella
time trying to Etest the damn carbed ZC!

1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

davens

• Zeno Wagon
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civ Wagon(Carb'd ZC 4wd), 89 CRX Si, & 02 Protege
We've gotten a couple cars stipped down as far as this...and hauled them off to a metal recycler. At that weight, four guys can pick it up and move it around easily. We've gotten as little as $26 and as much as $48 for a complete car. Thing is, if you're willing to cut it up/sort it, you get even more money then a whole shell.

Someone cut up a stripped 2nd gen a couple years ago...it all fit in like 4 garbage cans.
Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

1g_rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 240SX,300ZX,WRX,CRX
Im looking for a Si Only.. Ive already had 2 DX's and i cant live without a sunroof.. If u advertised your cars for sale im sure u wouldnt have any problem getting rid of them before u have to " Cut them up ". My second Crx had Rotten shock towers, partial Subframe and Rad Support Rot and next to no floors and it cost me under $500 to have it all Professionally cut out and fixed. Seemed like a good trade off to me... BTW I like ur Black CRX Boman thats clean.
2013 WRX
1990 240SX
1990 300ZX
1987 CRX Si

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
How much time, and how many Sawzall blades were involved? I have the same fate planned for my '87 Si (wrecked in an on-track incident), but I keep putting it off...

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
About an hour and maybe 6 blades...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

JDN14

id do the same to my 86 Si but i dont have the tools...

nice sig davens!!
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

down4ce

QUOTE (Masta @ Dec 26 2004, 05:04 PM)
I have gone to the dark side of VTEC and double wishbone suspensions and I'm quite happy there.

Makes me feel like I'm fighting a lost cause...........

xxpaulcpxx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hey, was that a ROTISSERY brace I saw on the front and back? I thought I was the only one who made those.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes, it was. Sadly, that too went into the trash. It was on rollers too...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

xxpaulcpxx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Any pics of it on the spit? How well did it work out?