Greg Gauper 2011 Hp Champion!

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
BTW - After watching Gagliardi's video ( the VW that finished behind me in 2nd) I'm kinda glad I couldn't see anything out the back window laugh.gif
http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title
2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
YOU are the man , THATS awesome! and my flares are national champion material ,lol

Congrats

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (hondaman @ Sep 25 2011, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations to Greg for a great drive in the rain!

Yes indeed. Congratulations!

J.

jwr914

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Street: S2k Races: HP Honda + CF/FF 1972 Crosle 25 + RT4 based CSR
Back in Houston and at work (well at the track). Congratulations to Greg for the great drive. It was perhaps one of my scariest races ever. I chose to go with a lightly grooved slick (cut about 5 inches apart) both front and rear. Don't know if full wets would have been better, but made the choice without ever driving there in the rain. Put my head down with one lap to go and caught up to the rear of Greg's train. I got inside Isley on turn 5 entry and he went off wide with lock up and I made the clean inside pass. Led pretty well all the way to 12 (Canada) and he returned the favor. I was mid track and left him enough room right or left to make the banzai pass thinking he would go off again. Well as we all know now he saved it and didn't take either of us out. Great piece of driving himself. Greg is right, I'm happy with the finish position. Drove as hard as I could and so did Greg, Dick, Jason and Matt. My car was just the opposite of Greg's fast as hell in the front and scary, scary, scary from 8 to 12. The start was pretty worrisome for all of us. Some of the back guys jumped up into the mix and took each other out by turn 5. Greg and I barely made it through 3 without getting hit. Matt Brannon said he got hit and knocked off track by the yellow car that spun in front/beside Greg and I on 3 exit. Luckily he was able to continue and work his way back up.

My windshield was "OK" with the RainX applied the day before. RA is long and fast keeping the inside of the car cooler than shorter tracks. It doesn't work with short tracks.

Most likely will sell the car this year as I made a three year commitment to HP and it's time is up. If it doesn't sell I will run enough races to qualify again. We'll just have to wait and see if I do decide to run RA again. Long hard haul up and back. The week of Hotel expense is bothersome as well.

Thanks to Greg for all the help and advice these last couple of years. He's become a true friend and great competitor. My first year to RA he gave me his spare caliper when I lost one in Qualifying. You just can't ask for better than that.

James Rogerson
HP #66
4th and proud of it!

HP Civic for sale only driven on weekends by senior citizen. Spares include extra built engine (never run), both engines with uncut stock heads direct from Honda. Titanium valves. The list goes on and on. $25,000

James Rogerson
84-87 Civic SCCA HP
2006 S2k daily driver

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
James,
As luck would have it, I will be down your way in Pearland this weekend installing some upgrades for one of our customers.
Maybe we can get together Monday night and have a beer to celebrate.

Richard Pare

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Greg Gauper @ Sep 26 2011, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI - I have been running the custom hubs that Richard from ICP built for the group buy since the begining of the season.

Shameless plug! (I'll take it!) (Still got a couple pairs left.....)

Congrats on a fine win - a rain win is always doubly satisfying!

Defogging windsheilds: For the life of me I'll never understand why this should ever be a problem - keep the windshield warm, and you'll never get fogging. For some funny reason, the manufacturers equip the cars with defogging ducts right from the factory..... smile.gif

Just make a metal box to go around the exhaust collector, run some flex hose up the the original ducts, and use a fan to pump the air through the box up to the windshield - viola! problem solved.

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
Congrats!
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Richard Pare @ Sep 27 2011, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats on a fine win - a rain win is always doubly satisfying!

Thanks Richard and congrats to you as well!
For those of you that don't follow the other classes, Citations placed 2nd in Formula B and 4th in Formula C.
We were pulling for Rubenzer in Formula F who qualified second and ran as high as third before dropping out due to a loose wheel.

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thumbs up! smile.gif

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

Richard Pare

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks, Greg.

Unfortunately, Dixon (FB) spun out in some water while in the lead, only a couple laps from the end, but still managed to salvage 2nd. Too bad - that would have been 2 in a row for him in that car and class. The FB's are turning into little rocketships!

Rubenzer (FF) - what can I say? Champ one year, DNF the next from a simple prep mistake.

LaRue (FC) - Woulda, shoulda, coulda. At least he was the first among the Goodyear contingent!

Everybody have a good winter!

Edited by Richard Pare, 28 September 2011 - 08:52 PM.

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Ok...
I drove the race and could not believe I won.
I watched my in-car video and I could not believe I won.
I watched the in-car video from the Dick's car (2nd place) and I could not believe I won.

Tonight I got to watch the rebroadcast of the race.
http://www.speedcast...cca/#/races/260

I think it finally sunk in. I won! Wow!

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hahahaa. just reading this thread now. congratulations man!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My buddy always bugs me about haw much faster a CRX would be and to build one instead of playing with my civic, I will send him a link to the video , LOL

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, congratulations Greg. Very good drive. Between the two incar vids and the tv coverage and commentary, it was an interesting viewing and read. Thouroughly enjoyed it.
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

ITCRACER

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Sportback Ralliart . 1985 Civic HB ITC Roadracer . 1991 Civic HB ITC Roadracer . 1991 CRX Si ITA Roadracer . 1985 YUGO Iceracer .
Congrats Greg. Great race.