Mod For Keihin Carb

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

87crxdx

QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Dec 6 2005, 02:58 PM)
can i make but just one suggestion?

BIGGER PICS PLEASE!!!!

oh and eldo, i'm looking forward to your carb'd-turbo rightup with pics and stuff. maybe include a parts list as well. spring will be here soon and i'm going to do the blow-through carb setup.

carb'd-turbo 1.3L=1300cc's of RAW POWER!!!!!!

laugh.gif    blink.gif    laugh.gif

Link to his gallery........

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
groovy

thanks.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

fat_85_civic

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500S - ZC converted
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Pics are fixed! biggrin.gif

eldo

• Think outside the box horsepower
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86CRX 68Chevelle 69GTO
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Dec 6 2005, 12:58 PM)
oh and eldo, i'm looking forward to your carb'd-turbo rightup with pics and stuff. maybe include a parts list as well. spring will be here soon and i'm going to do the blow-through carb setup.

carb'd-turbo 1.3L=1300cc's of RAW POWER!!!!!!

laugh.gif    blink.gif    laugh.gif

Sorry but the full write up with pics with updated tuning won't be done for a bit cuz it's stupid busy at work and i also pulled a major bone head move - 13 lbs. boost + 50 shot nitrous + 87 octane fuel = 70 psi compression in cylinder #2 (I got it tuned to run awesome (without nitrous) with 87 octane gas but forgot about it when i hit the nitrous button blink.gif . It still runs( It has to, being my D.D.) but i'll have to make time for the Z6 head to be swapped in soon. (Why can't we have 48 hour days???)
Ed
86 Crx DX EW3 block EW2 ported head , Coltcams (nitrous/turbo Stage 2 Triflow )

T-25 with a blowthrough Keihin carb - 13 psi .

I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
here is one
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
thanks man! this is just what i've been looking for (the pics in the FAQ one are dead too so this helps a ton)

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
yeah boy thats the shizzit thanks alot now its not like walking into a dark room (i have a flashlight now with new batterys lol thanks again laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
so when this mod is done the little black box can be removed right

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
The mod doesn't really have anything to do with removing the vacuum box, they shouldn't affect each other.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
so then why is it when i see apic of a carbed rex with the carb devacced the little black box on the firewall gone ???? or is that a diffrent mod ????

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif im in the dark again sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 09 May 2006 - 12:03 AM.

My Webpage

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (phatboycrxhf @ May 8 2006, 11:02 PM)
so then why is it when i see apic of a carbed rex with the carb devacced the little black box on the firewall gone ???? or is that a diffrent mod ????

there's a difference between a devac and "eldo's mod". devac gets rid of the black box and all the vac lines, whereas eldo's makes it so you get more fuel soon (giving a nice little boost of power).

you could prolly do both if you capped the stuff that isn't being used by this mod.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
thats what i though so how do you get rid of the black box i need room for my regulator laugh.gif and i dont like it laugh.gif

My Webpage

crazi-85crx

just take it off.

do this mod, then cap all vac ports on the carb and disributor that aren't linked to another part of the carb.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
so whats it do nothing if i can just cap it off and have no effects to the engine ill just serach eldos thread and try to pay attention :lol:while reading it

Edited by phatboycrxhf, 09 May 2006 - 12:09 AM.

My Webpage

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
here are some more pics of the carb and stuff

use them if it helps.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg