• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
BlankReg, yes harness and computer are also from the 94.

CRXdan, the motor came out of a 94. trans came from a 90-93 (cant remember exactly what year but i want to say 91)

demon2180, the crx and i plan to make it to as many meets and dragstrips as possible. motor is stock for now but there will probably be some modifications over the winter, just not sure to what extent of mods yet.

Aren D, yeah, it goes pretty good. traction sucks (but when you are looking for a reason to get rid of the 13" skinnies it is pretty fun ph34r.gif ) huh.gif B16 head? i dunno, never been a fan of vtec in a modded car (just too much hype with the ricers) but then again..... i always swore i would stick with single cam before now. i guess time will tell.

thanks for all of the positive responses

Edited by crxls, 10 September 2004 - 04:28 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

CRXdan

140hp 121tq
according to http://www.clubcivic...board/specs.php

It really makes torque way up there 121@5200rpm

Must be fun!
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
How is the fuel delivery with those stock carbed HF fuel lines and MSD fuel pump?

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
CRXdan, yes your numbers are correct.... for the 92-93 integra

90-91 130 hp@6000 and 121 tq@5000 B18A1 9.2:1 compression
92-93 140 hp@6300 and 121 tq@5200 B18A1 9.2:1 compression
94+ 142 hp@6300 and 127 tq@5200 B18B1 9.2:1 compression

hell yeah, shit loads of fun, pulls the whole way through each gear.....and then some

Omega Mugen, fuel delivery is way more than enough, seems almost like its getting too much. thats the next thing i need to check into.

you know, its kinda bullshit. first time out on the streets and i get not only pulled over for inspection and lack of cornerlight but arrested for a warrant ("arrest and return", no big deal) all because its a "2 searer sports car" (damn thing would have been lucky to get out of the 19 second range in stock form). i can remember driving an accord i used to have 60 miles each way to work with no inspection sticker, no front bumpercover, no lights on front except for passenger side headlight for 2 weeks till my parts came in because i bought the car really cheap when wrecked. never had a cop even think about pulling me over that whole time because its a 4 door "family car" (if you ask me, way sportier than a stock form 86 hf when concitering performance and cornering capabilities). its just like they have this stereotype that all "sports cars" have got to be guilty of something. sorry guys, just venting i guess.

Edited by crxls, 10 September 2004 - 05:22 PM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You got a list of links you used for research? I'm planning a similar swap, (engine/harness/ecu and ODB2) for my old si.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

ZonderZout

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: CRX 1st Gen, Nissan Sunny (until crx is fixed again)
Finally, a USDM CRX with a proper DOHC engine! smile.gif

It sounds like you did a lot of work and can imagine the enormous joy when you got it to run. I had the same feeling when I did a swap, only it was less complicated because I just swapped an identical engine because the original broke.

Congratulations!

Now let's see someone in here swap a B20 or H22 in there smile.gif

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
Congrads on an awesome job. Can't wait until mine is finished.

CRXdan

I thought 94+ engines have a diferent valve cover?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Masta

Nice job Rodney, I give you huge props for doing all your own fab. Feels great eh?
Sucks you got pulled over.

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (ZonderZout @ Sep 10 2004, 09:54 PM)
Now let's see someone in here swap a B20 or H22 in there smile.gif

There is one member with an H22 and one or two with the B20 ph34r.gif

Good job, crxls..........sounds fun. I can't wait until mine is done.

Edited by eastsiderider, 11 September 2004 - 08:31 AM.

SportInjectedClub

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
hey, i thought of some more questions, if you don't mind. did you use the hasport axles? did you have to have to use the acura wheel hubs? and what did you have to swap to get your gauges to work? i've heard that the stock gauges won't work with a b series swap, but that may just be for civic SIs... thanks man!

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
yes, i used the hasport axles. i also used the 88 integra knuckles/hubs/and brakes up front. 88 integra cv joints inner and outer. for the gauges, i put the 94 integra wiring harness into the car and just wired it up to the HF cluster from my crx.

EF9 VTEC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 B16A powered CRX, 1991 B16A powered Integra
    • Image Gallery
Congratulations biggrin.gif . Nice job. I bet you will be in the mid to lows 14's when you hit the track. But you will notice that traction sucks with street tires on the track. wink.gif
87 B16A Powered CRX

user posted image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thats kool, any tips hints ideas, u can send my way the plan for my 3g is turbo b18a1, within the next year, i was planning on using the whole 90-91 teg harness and just rewiring the car(its already gutted so its not that big of a deal)

what did u do for shift linkage
Posted Image

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
richard, aka: crxls, aka: rodney, sucks. he wont let me drive the damn thing when he been driving slow ass cars for ever. when he giggles like a little school girl when he drives my 11 second 4gen all the damn time. i'd rather have a can of snuff anyway. maybe he can buy me some snuff instead of letting me drive the car. my project is next. i'm going to slam a b18c5 into a s600 coupe biggrin.gif talk about rocket, the damn cars only weigh 800 pounds. anyway, i had no part in his swap even though i wanted to soo bad. 200 miles away and a limited bud ph34r.gif get to get there, keeping a job and a girlfriend kinda sucks. good job richard! by the way.. you must have a really understanding wife to let me sleep on your couch for 4 months.............................. ph34r.gif
'TOHC i-VTEC/II' in the works... call me a ricer, but i will be the king.

I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but you special.