Somebody Slap Me

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

xthreetwosevenx

• broken camshaft
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 civic si
I personally like the 3rds and 5ths. Must be an odds thing.. 

i'm the same way. if i had to have another civic, it'd be a 5g.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
QUOTE (ImprtRcr02 @ Mar 17 2004, 07:05 PM)
I personally like the 3rds and 5ths. Must be an odds thing.. huh.gif

hey, thats my driveway!

CRXdan

Just to tease you guys

I dont mind em at all. but a 1g/3g is just way sleeperish. No one woudl ever think ud modify it. and i liek the 1g/3g frotn end much better, especially debadged.

Edited by CRXdan, 17 March 2004 - 09:25 PM.

90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

TheApexHunter

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: ' 03 S10
that blue 4th gen has a JDM front on it... personally I really like the look of 2nd gen CRXs and starting to like clean 4th gen Civics, of course a 2nd gen CRX was my 1st modified car so maybe thats why I fell in love

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That sinches it, I like my car better. I guess its the black car thing that turns me on... though that 4G is nice.

BTW, 2G CRX's are nasty. Well, thats just my opinion, the front is too sleek and the ass end is too big. I just don't like it.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

eezerz

i like em' all, u can't go wrong with a honda or acura... i plan on getting my hands dirty with more then just the 3g in coming years... i want to do 5g and 6g civic sometime.... they all have to be civic hatches, i LOVE em'... i have had a 1g and a 2g and i'm on a 3g now.... 4g next?????? who knows, i might just skip the 4g alltogether and get the 5th g next.....by i'm definately always gonna own a 3g....
peace tongue.gif
eezerz

nivek2002

:idea: - get a 4th gen and pay alot of money to get the 3rd gen front end grafted on biggrin.gif

B20vtec86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i don't see anything wrong with 4th gen civic they are beautiful car if left alone with no wing ,body kit,or graphix.. some people in here don't like them because so many people riced them out ..rice boy can pick them up cheap and riced it out cheapest way they know how.
86 crx [email protected] allmotor--SOLD
00 S2000 -stock-SOLD

86 toyota 4runner SAS 36" tsl
locked front and rear w/5.29 gears
dual t-case with 4.7 gears
over 100:1 crawling ratio

76 civic cvcc -quest for mpg

I'm done with speed

Tomoyo

I would absolutely LOVE to get an 3rd gen Integra..And a Type-R would be a dream come true. Like they say..If you want a gen4, go for it! I see a lot of 4g hatches where I live, and I think they look great.
user posted image

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I LOVE MY 89 CIVIC Si. Got it for $1800 US with 189,xxx miles, now has 232,xxx miles. I rebuilt the motor at 195,xxx, added some goodies, and she runs low 15s all day long and is an absolute blast at an autox. If I had this for a first car, I never would have considered the older cars. So many cheap and readily available parts, not to mention all the used parts and throwaway d16 sohc vtec motors from the swappers.

Edited by CRXfanatic, 18 March 2004 - 07:57 AM.

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hey, i wish i had my 2nd gen rex again.. yeah.. i said it.. blah.. i'll find a pic of it again..

here ye go:

http://www.geocities...n2/P1010054.txt

Edited by E-AT_me, 18 March 2004 - 09:01 AM.

1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 Geo Prizm
2g CRX > 1g CRX > 3g Civic > 4g Civic

My first car was a 2g CRX... I took out a personal loan at 15 years old (with my dad's co-signature) to buy it. I've owned three 2nd gen CRXs, two 3rd gen Civics, one 1st gen CRX, and one 4th gen Civic... and as fun as the 84-87 cars are, the 88-91 cars' suspension is just too good to compare.