20 replies to this topic

jiggerjosh

• IVIC
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99' BMW _/_/_/ M3 Vert. & 97' BMW 325Ti M technik
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey and who knows maybe when the gas prices go up too 3.00$ a gallon people will put down their suvs and pick up something econical like a crx hf... Thats the price we pay for mr. Goerge bush--- fighting his stupied wars...

Edited by jiggerjosh, 29 February 2004 - 11:04 PM.

If only i knew what i was doing!!!

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
Personally, I don't think our 1g Rex's will be 'worth' much more in the decades to come, altho they will attain a lil' celebrity status, much like an old car that makes you go "Did you see that? What was it?" Not 60's muscle car head turning potential but those who know what to look for will be like "Aw that's some coo' shit, dude rockin' it ol' school honda style" type thing.

On a different note, we will probably be hounded in the coming months for our cars and ones like it that get 30mpg+ versus some asswhore with a 5000 lb, 4x4, XLT, crap crappity Limited Edition, 14 mpg-, SUV or truck because of the record breaking gas prices. I should know, I did that exact thing. Why else would I buy an '85 Si and sell my door-stormer '81 Datsun 280zx slant 6? Doubled gas mileage? Less outrageous insurance? Subtle versus obvious? Besides, I'm alergic to weight...

My $ .02
QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

nivek2002

QUOTE (MakDiesel @ Mar 28 2004, 09:53 PM)
Besides, I'm alergic to weight...

Awesome line!

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (eastsiderider @ Feb 29 2004, 10:47 AM)
i dont really plan on ever getting rid of my crx.....i see myself being one of those guys that shows up at the track in 2020 with a 1986 crx si.  all the teenagers being like "what the f**k is that thing?"

they wont go away, at least not for the majority of the 1st gen fans,  dan-o does have a good point........we are basically the same as the fiero fans.  i always wanted one of those when i was younger, last time i was at the wrecker, i went down one isle and there was 5 fieros, 2 1g crx's and like 3 - 3g hb's.

Im with ya on that one. I love my 3g cuz its fun to drive & it gets good milage. I also like the fact that not many people have these cars. I always get looks with my car...usually funny loks cuz its primered p & had bird crap on the driver side window laugh.gif , but hey, i love my si hatch. and with only 81k miles on it, it will last me a good while. once the engine starts crappin out, i wanna pop a zc in there & get it lookin stock JDM kinda. soon my hatch will be mint. cool.gif

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Rampage @ Feb 28 2004, 03:47 PM)
... maybe because Honda didn't have that great of a motorsport heritage, or hadn't been building cars that long...

utter domination of F1 and SCCA club racing not a great motorsports heritage?

20 years not a long time for building cars?

dry.gif

the mass-production is the issue. it's the same reason why miatas will NEVER reach the value that old MGs and triumphs will, even though the miata is spiritually the same thing (not that they are worth much either biggrin.gif). there's just too many of em out there.

the older accords/civics just dont have value yet because of their age.

when the people who got a CRX for their first car reach "midlife crisis" age, the value of the cars will go up. just like many of the cars from the 60s are now...

Edited by shadowboy, 29 March 2004 - 04:48 PM.

Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

CRX2

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: CRX1, Civic1, CRX2
The first generation CRX is getting rare here....
A few years ago you saw them a lot, now they are disapearing sad.gif
The main problem here (Holland) is rust... Evrything except the fenders gets rusty...

What about the Honda Prelude 1st gen? And then the cabrio?
I had one, but I sold it... tongue.gif There were just 47 of them....