• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Btw, would you or your hubby be mad if showed up to look at the project in about two months?

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
well, i've decided not to go with your motor, sorry. but i have no way of getting it from there to here and i need to clean out the garage a bit more to store one (hasnt been cleaned since summer!!) so we decided to look for a engine locally after i toy around with the 1.3L carb/turbo firebreathing 1300CC's of RAW POWAH!!! for a bit.

sorry to all the nay-sayers about boosting the 1.3L but i think it will be a good expierance for me and it will prolly make for a decent write-up for those new to the honda scene that bought a 1.3L and dont have the money to put into a swap and just want a bit more power, for stuff like passing other cars (i cant with my stock 1.3L) zipper merging etc etc.

i do need someone to walk me through boost prepping these carbs tho. i can and will get the weber carb if need be, but i've reading a few times about people doing it with the stock cdn khiene <Sp?> carbs, and seeing as i have 3 of those carbs i'd like to use them.

i'm also going to go junkyard shopping for my turbo and IC and the majority of the rest of the parts will be used or very very cheap, cost to me wise. boost on a budget tongue.gif
stuff like the fuel pump and regulator are going to be new.

the warm weather is on its way and i'm just dying to get started on this build. any and all relevent info related to this build will be put to good use and very much appreciated.

chedda, my hubby would prolly have a fit if some dude showed up here. maybe if we get to any meets this summer.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
what if creepy Giff shoed up?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
then my dog would eat him before he got to the front door blink.gif ohmy.gif

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
or he would be hypnotised by the long flowing hair....

*barfs*
1GRPhotography
MySpace

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 18 2006, 04:06 PM)
what if creepy Giff shoed up?

Somethings wrong with you.
dry.gif

You are a little obsessed with that pic.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
well its like when u see a car accident and someone is in the glove compartment...its so creepy, u just cant forget no matter how hard u try
1GRPhotography
MySpace

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
quit thread jacking. go off to the general posts section and do that lame shit. keep it on topic or get lost.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
5 peppers vs 2

i wonder who wins that one...
1GRPhotography
MySpace

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Dude, stop.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jan 18 2006, 03:02 PM)

You have five peppers cause you jack threads and post usless shit when no one cares and no ones thinks its funny. Tech is for tech ppl, not jokers, we all post something pointless once in a while, but atleast try and help dude. In my opinion, she wins with her two peppers.

LoL thanks for the heads up...haha. I just hate being the only person that knows anything about these cars in my area. YA we will have to post a date for the small crx/civic meet were gonna have. Sounds like your 1.3 turbo set up is going to be a little revey SOB. Hopefully anyways wink.gif lol

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Crx1984B18B

huh.gif ahummm calm down calm down peace !!!
If you want some.....

COME GET"S SOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

crazi-85crx

bump for an update. i'm really interested in this turbo'd 1.3L carbie.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
no update yet, weve been busy dumping parts into the frontend. i only have tierods and a bushing kit left to do on the frontend then i can start focusing on getting into boost. i have been doing lots of searching and reading. asking lots of questions. i'm very eager to get started on the 1.3L boosted carb setup. oh yes, i almost forgot, the transmission is basically falling out of my car, i do have a partscar out behind the garage that has a rebuilt <dont know for sure yet...>trans and its a 5spd. i need a clutch, release bearing and prolly a mainseal before i get into changing it, which will be soon or when the car wont move under its own power, which ever comes first ph34r.gif

i'll keep updating this as i go. might even take some pics, (of course i will tongue.gif )

Edited by JeepGirl, 05 March 2006 - 05:34 PM.

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
like the subject but how reliable is this steup going to be i just dont trust the hole carb deal can the carb really handle the boost ??? for DD i mean just doesnt seem like it will take DD the stopping and going the endless stop lights but i hope it works out

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..