Civic Ah 73

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

nivek2002

LOL I took the Power Steering off my Sedan. Its much better without it.

And dont worry to much about the automatic. I have an automatic and do fairly well at the autocross. Just dont go street racing in Paris, especially at night. I have heard its kinda dangerous over there.

Kevin

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (gkiing @ Nov 16 2005, 03:07 AM)
Power steering... :\

I like having to work my way around corners! Now when I drive a car with power steering I wonder how the wheels turn with such little (almost no) effort.

Actually with a front wheel drive car it does nothing, Other than causing more load to the engine. Take it off you won't notice it gone. Well you will notice the 50 lbs you save taking that pump and the cast iron bracket off.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
it does plenty on a FWD car, just not one of the size of a Civic/CRX. Try driving a bigger FWD car (an Intrepid or something) without PS, and youll be in for a shock.

Nice car btw, welcome to the site. You need to learn English or something. Oh, and you owe Ghostone a ghost story

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
i had a 82 buick riviara that had its powersteering pump crap out in it, it took 2 people to drive the friggin thing, 4 hands on the wheel around corners...... i dont miss that car.
but yeah, like what ^^he^^ said, on our cars its not really noticable with no powersteering, unless you need cv's and ball joints like i do....

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Nov 16 2005, 09:48 AM)
i had a 82 buick riviara that had its powersteering pump crap out in it, it took 2 people to drive the friggin thing, 4 hands on the wheel around corners...... i dont miss that car.
but yeah, like what ^^he^^ said, on our cars its not really noticable with no powersteering, unless you need cv's and ball joints like i do....
power steering is good for a car if the drive load isn't on them i.e. rear wheel drive. So yeah, if someone makes a rear wheel drive civic and doesn't put in power steering then it will be a beast to turn.
EDIT:
it does plenty on a FWD car, just not one of the size of a Civic/CRX. Try driving a bigger FWD car (an Intrepid or something) without PS, and youll be in for a shock
I just saw this and had to think... Who makes the intrepid? And realized Ahh, Nope won't own one until they make them where you don't have to drop the engine in order to get to the thermostat. And then I thought, Its FWD, and remembered yup. but yea funkmaster your exactly right. the wheelbase has a lot to do with the ease of moving any car.

J<----------------Broke brothers steering wheel while trying to move it into the driveway with a deadbattery.(It was an Intrepid) laugh.gif

Edited by badpenny, 16 November 2005 - 10:08 AM.

The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
more than wheelbase, weight is what makes power steering a necessary thing for bigger cars whether they be FWD or RWD.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ Nov 16 2005, 08:14 AM)
more than wheelbase, weight is what makes power steering a necessary thing for bigger cars whether they be FWD or RWD.

I agree with Funkmaster, it has to do with wheelbase and ambient weight on the turning axle.

I was once told that in a power assist rack & pinion, the power steering only actuates in slow turning situations when the resistance is high... like parking. I guess it would be nice for that, but I'm so used to my Rex I don't really need it even then.
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

AH73 civic france

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: honda civic 1500 AH 73
thank you tumo 007 for your traduction,
thanks you everyboby ,i see here a car with over crabs,i like it,it is possibility for change my crabs by a more and a pump fuel,than you ,,
how many horses in your car please (3g)civic, and have you got a pics

Edited by AH73 civic france, 18 November 2005 - 07:36 AM.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (AH73 civic france @ Nov 18 2005, 07:22 AM)
thank you tumo 007 for your traduction,
thanks you everyboby ,i see here a car with over crabs,i like it,it is possibility for change my crabs by a more and a pump fuel,than you ,,
how many horses in your car please (3g)civic, and have you got a pics

Weber 32/34 down draft carb. Electric fuelpump with pressure regulator.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
uhm, badpenny, the 82 riviara, olds toronado and the early eighties caddy elderado were ALL FWD. now, imagine, HUGE V8, FWD in a car that weighs more then ten 3g civics. then tell me how easy it is to steer it with a broken powersteering pump.

they are really super comfy cars though laugh.gif

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah i lost my power steering in my mustang and i'd have to punch it to get the nose light and then wrench the hell outta the wheel to not cause utter death and destruction
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Nov 18 2005, 09:39 AM)
uhm, badpenny, the 82 riviara, olds toronado and the early eighties caddy elderado were ALL FWD. now, imagine, HUGE V8, FWD in a car that weighs more then ten 3g civics. then tell me how easy it is to steer it with a broken powersteering pump.

they are really super comfy cars though laugh.gif

I'm a big guy. Yeah. You're absolutly correct. He really should get power steering. Everyone needs power steering. BTW Didn't we already come to the conclusion that I am a postwhore and that I give no "good" info? laugh.gif Seriously though, I think we already concluded that it had to do alot with the wheelbase and weight.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i'm just hoping my steering smartens up once i get new parts on the front end. its getting sketchy to drive. cv's? ball joints? bushings? tie-rods? i dont know exactly whats causing it. maybe all of the above, which is why i'm going to replace it all. i wonder how hard it would be to put PS in a civic that didnt come with it......... goes and consults the manual...........

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Nov 18 2005, 10:26 AM)
i'm just hoping my steering smartens up once i get new parts on the front end. its getting sketchy to drive. cv's? ball joints? bushings? tie-rods? i dont know exactly whats causing it. maybe all of the above, which is why i'm going to replace it all. i wonder how hard it would be to put PS in a civic that didnt come with it......... goes and consults the manual...........

When you replace all those suspension parts, may I suggest getting the Energy bushing set like this one? That might help too.

Edited by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs, 18 November 2005 - 02:36 PM.

TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
were looking into already. but i read a few times that some of the bushings in that kit are poorly designed IE: letting water/dirt past the retainers. so i was kind of leary about them. the rest of the bushings in that kit i gather are ok though. were looking for a place we can use a purchase order at before we buy them. get them cheaper that way.

i just have to get all the parts together to get it done... which i'm still waiting on.

if the front end can hold together till spring i'd be a happy camper, seems like such a waste to install all this good stuff in the middle of the northern canadian winter. i'd like to have everything fresh in the spring when the roads are clean and dry biggrin.gif but i doubt my wishes will be granted and it'll prolly blow up on the highway long before spring as is my luck.

Edited by JeepGirl, 18 November 2005 - 02:52 PM.