21 replies to this topic

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If memory serves, only the 1985 CRX Si had the 140 speedo. If this gauge pack has a shift light, it is going to be from most likely an HF (if it was from an 87 as advertised). I don't recall ever hearing if the DX's had a shift light in the gauge pack, but I doubt they did. So, to recap:

140 speedo: 1985 CRX Si
120 speedo with 6500 redline with VSS: 1986-87 CRX Si
120 speedo with 6500 redline w/o VSS: 1986-87 CRX DX
120 speedo with shift light: 1985-87 HF
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
my 86 Hf has a 5400 redline, 120 mph speedo and a shift light.

that 5400 redline is fun as hell when hooked to an engine that likes to rev past 7600 laugh.gif passengers think your nuts
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

addiction2bass

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99civic EX, 1995 fullsize extended cab.
    • Image Gallery

i just bought this 84 HF. what would i need to swap out the gauges so the shift light worken in my 86crx dx?

i would have liked to restore the 84 HF BUT i checked out the rear end and its EXTREMLY RUSTED AWAY! and i dont think the front could be much beter sad.gif havent had time but from the looks of the rear its preaty bad!

now the motor was a replacement motor in the car but im not sure what the motor came out of. just said it was low mileage motor under 15K miles. and outta a 87
still have yet to run a compresion check and get the motor running! but i dont think the motor was outta a HF cause he said he had to swap the intake for his old carb setup....

i realy want to put these 2 CRXs together to make one nice one and sell the extra/worst parts!
but no ones told me whats actualy suposedly lighter on the HF over the DX SI models...
i just thought after i do all the welding and patching to the 84HF i think i woulda added alot of extra weight with the steel. so dont know if it would be worth it or not.....

LargeOrangeFont

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
I think my 84 1.3 cluster is original and its redline is 6500.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (addiction2bass @ Nov 15 2005, 04:27 PM)

i just bought this 84 HF. what would i need to swap out the gauges so the shift light worken in my 86crx dx?

i would have liked to restore the 84 HF BUT i checked out the rear end and its EXTREMLY RUSTED AWAY! and i dont think the front could be much beter sad.gif havent had time but from the looks of the rear its preaty bad!

now the motor was a replacement motor in the car but im not sure what the motor came out of. just said it was low mileage motor under 15K miles. and outta a 87
still have yet to run a compresion check and get the motor running! but i dont think the motor was outta a HF cause he said he had to swap the intake for his old carb setup....

i realy want to put these 2 CRXs together to make one nice one and sell the extra/worst parts!
but no ones told me whats actualy suposedly lighter on the HF over the DX SI models...
i just thought after i do all the welding and patching to the 84HF i think i woulda added alot of extra weight with the steel. so dont know if it would be worth it or not.....

to make the shift light work you need to swap the shift light controller and probably something else. its there to help you get better gas milage. and there is a thread that lists what makes the hf lighter. so get to crackin and you'll find it

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

boise_schizo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX SI D16A1 Powered
    Garage View Garage
yea, the 84 crx 1.3 got about 65-67 miles per gallon, but it lacked some serious low-end power.

The HF crx is actaully a 1.5 liter, which some people get confused about. The motor in the HF has more power, displacement, and torque than that of the 1.3. The reason the HF still gets good mileage is simply weight reduction, a smaller geared tranny, and an 8-valve head, where as the dx and si had a 12-valve head. I believe the crx HF got about 52-54 mpg.

Anyway, like i said in my last post, the crx 1.3 gauge cluster is the only one unaccounted for, i figure this would be the one with the 6k redline.
87 REX D16A1 Swap NA (maybe turbo, later...)
user posted image

FOR SALE:
Complete A\C System (86 CRX HF)
MISC CRX Parts (parting out) no suspension parts, must maintain "rollable" status
Stereos (hehe, i'm a car audio dealer)

WANTED TO BUY:
1G CRX Body Kit (used or new)
Tokicos or comparable shocks for 1G CRX
Wheels (preferably 14's)

addiction2bass

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99civic EX, 1995 fullsize extended cab.
    • Image Gallery
ya power isnt a issue with me... if i wanted power id drop in a 350 all beefed up into my truck.LOL im looken for gas milage myself.

is thier any way to tell the difference from the actual motor if its a true HF or a SI or DX?
cause suposedly my motor has been swaped out for a 87motor that had a injection system on it.
but if thiers not much weight difference in that actual car then ill just forget about messen around trying to restore the HF!