Saw that thing at SEMA.......it looked really nice, but Im not a truck guy

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (crxls @ Mar 13 2005, 12:49 AM)
now all they need to do is give it a huge V8 diesel, make sure it gets no better than 17 MPG and dual wheels on the back then it will be the american dream family vehicle for all those trips to wal-mart and the grocery store...

thats very true and unfortunate at the same time. I find it very hysterical whensomeone buys a suv (station wagon with a lift kit) go with 4x4 or the big 8 , just to get milk , bread and MAYBE use it for something tangible , like a trip to homedepot.
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
[quote=tencutty,Mar 13 2005, 01:53 AM][quote=crxls,Mar 13 2005, 12:49 AM]now all they need to do is give it a huge V8 diesel, ,

like a trip to homedepot.
[/quote]

........ to purchase a new ceiling fan rolleyes.gif

Edited by crxls, 13 March 2005 - 02:19 AM.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

c25ahatch

• track addict
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Civic (rear engine c25a) 89 Taurus SHO (track car) 96 Dodge Ram
Real trucks have an eight foot bed. If you do not have a use for an eight foot bed, do not drive a truck. Buy a minivan. I will also echo the statement about a real ladder type frame. I never thought I would say it, but I for one am glad that the station wagon is starting to make a comeback.

I think it is ridiculous that soccer moms and corporate dads drive fullsize trucks and SUVs because they "feel" safer. Tall, top heavy vehicles have inferior braking and handling capabilities to just about anything else on the road (and putting heavy 20"+ wheels and tires on only amplifies this). Safer my ass. The only thing that will save your hide is when you crush some poor bastard in a compact or sub compact car while the sheer mass of your vehicle saves you from serious injury.

For the record, I own and drive a fullsize Dodge Ram (longbox of course). I need it for work purposes, as I am in the construction field. If it was not for that I would not drive it.

More on topic, I do not care for the styling of the Ridgeline at all. I agree with the Avalanche and Element comments. Yes, I have seen them in person.

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
[quote=crxls,Mar 13 2005, 03:18 AM][quote=tencutty,Mar 13 2005, 01:53 AM]
[quote=crxls,Mar 13 2005, 12:49 AM]now all they need to do is give it a huge V8 diesel, ,

like a trip to homedepot.
[/quote]

........ to purchase a new ceiling fan rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

lol no shit!!! or to Sam's club for a new computer chair and the smackdaddy size of peanut butter ,dog chow ,and 3 frozen pizzas

Our Opec friends looooove American idiots with SUVS. Maybe they should spend that money on a psychologist instead of on all that gas to get over the "Superior/Inferior " complex most of those drivers have. They dont buy SUV's to feel safe, they buy them to get revenge and become the road bully they once dispised. ANd also because the Jones has one. haha the more i study my psych books , the more i realize just how pathetic us Americans are , esp as consumers.

Edited by tencutty, 13 March 2005 - 01:16 PM.

Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
the ridgeline is definitely all-honda. like any honda it will fill a niche market. (the accord & civic just happen to fill REALLY big niches).

it has those honda touches of practicality, like the grooves to carry motorcycles/atvs.

the closed, weatherproof trunk

the tailgate that swings sideways as well as down.

a chassis that captures the advantages of both ladder frame AND unit body with few of the limitations of either (for truck-based purposes.

plus all the other little things.
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (c25ahatch @ Mar 13 2005, 03:48 AM)
Real trucks have an eight foot bed.  If you do not have a use for an eight foot bed, do not drive a truck. 

hey, hey. come on now. i've only got a six foot bed... but i do love my f150 for daily driving and weekend bashing through the woods....

i dunno. i kind of like the thing. it looks ugly, yeah, but i don't really think that i care! hahahaa.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Old School CRX Swap

• Too Many Projects
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si with B16A, 92 Honda Civic Hatch With a GSR, 87 V8 4Runner, 72 Chevy Pickup SWB
i like them if i had the money i probly would go and buy one its hondas first pickup something i thought they may never do but they did and i like them
B18C Power One Of These Days
1/4 Mile Times With B16A This Summer For Sure!!!

shadowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Old School CRX Swap @ Mar 14 2005, 11:37 AM)
i like them if i had the money i probly would go and buy one its hondas first pickup something i thought they may never do but they did and i like them

that's the thing. it is NOT honda's first truck.

honda's first four-wheeled vehicle was a pickup truck.

Edited by shadowboy, 14 March 2005 - 10:48 AM.

Shawn
--------

nivek2002

QUOTE (shadowboy @ Mar 14 2005, 09:47 AM)

biggrin.gif And they say car makers are using big emblems now! tongue.gif

shadowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (nivek2002 @ Mar 14 2005, 12:23 PM)

biggrin.gif And they say car makers are using big emblems now! tongue.gif

i dunno which is worse, an emblem within a HUGE emblem (as in the T360 case), or having the emblem THREE times on the front/back of the car, just in case you forget what kind of car it is (mercedes/porsche)
Shawn
--------

Ryland

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Cr-X HF (Stock), '84 Civic DX (totaled) '92 Civic VX (Stock) Honda cb350, Honda cl100.
    • Image Gallery
I saw a ridgeline going down the highway the other day, and I didn't care for it at all, it apears to be pure yuppy truck, if you use it as a truck, you risk damageing the box, so you should be able to replace the box, can you do this with this new honda? not as far as I could telll with that seamless body style, if you aren't going to sell it to the kind of people who might use it as a truck, why is it being called a truck? they are alowed to get lower MPG because they are suposed to be designed for doing work, I also do construction, and with my old hatchback would haul bags of portland, and lumber, and all kinds of stuff, found that it could hold more weight then a chevy s10.
so I haven't cralled around under this new honda "truck" yet, but the looks of the outside makes me disapointed in what honda has done.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
that's the thing.  it is NOT honda's first truck.

This looks like the Suzuki truck my brother bought once. It had like a 750cc motorcycle engine under a plate (like the ol' El Camino plate) behind the cab. It had a 4 on the tree blink.gif and those 10" rims. It was a hoot to chug around in... right up until it broke down and there weren't any parts for it... ANYWHERE... (this was like early 80's). The brother unit wanted to change it over to a KZ1000 motor... woo hoo! laugh.gif

I think Daihatsu made one too. smile.gif

Edited by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs, 14 March 2005 - 01:26 PM.

TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

shadowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs @ Mar 14 2005, 02:24 PM)
that's the thing.  it is NOT honda's first truck.

This looks like the Suzuki truck my brother bought once. It had like a 750cc motorcycle engine under a plate (like the ol' El Camino plate) behind the cab. It had a 4 on the tree blink.gif and those 10" rims. It was a hoot to chug around in... right up until it broke down and there weren't any parts for it... ANYWHERE... (this was like early 80's). The brother unit wanted to change it over to a KZ1000 motor... woo hoo! laugh.gif

I think Daihatsu made one too. smile.gif

big engine. this honda truck has a 360cc engine biggrin.gif
Shawn
--------

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
you can buy the Daihatsu one in Gran Tursimo 4.. it's got the spare tire on the hood. it's super-hott.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(