Redline Dummy Light

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

Autometer does make a stand alone shift light. I have one on my car. It uses little RPM pills that plug right into the bottom of the light and its a simple 3 wire hookup. Its a yellow light and comes with a yellow cover for night time use.

http://www.inlinefou...autshiflig.html

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (HPDE-4 NASA & TA-AB Time Attack)

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Street Luge

heh mine comes with one... think a resistor is gone in my alternator and the battery light comes on at 5k every time no fail no matter what gear laugh.gif

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
There are two inexpensive kits you can buy at this link that will do what you want.

Electronic Kits from Autospeed

Grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

fastcivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic
Hey, I am making an LED tach for a car, I could make u one that would work as an LED tach with 2 high intensity Red leds for a shift light. It would not be rice since it what is used on every race car out there to determine rpm. I have the plans to build one i just need to get the parts. If you want me to build you one I can, the only thing is right now is that it is a prototype. Once i get the first one built which will be by the end of april i will post some pics of it in action. Once completed i could send you a complete kit for the car, all you would have to do is wire it in. This is all for an undetermined price as of right now, but i can tell you that it will be less then everything else out there.
Let me know if you are interested
Rich

DougY

Just wire an MSD RPM activated switch (http://www.msdignition.com/rpm_7.htm)to what ever you want to turn on. In my case, I have it wired to a single super bright LED mounted in the center of the stock gauge cluster (3G civic).

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
i was thinking about this post today and realized that my third brake light is always in my rear view mirror. place your super bright LED there. i doubt i would miss it. .02

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Apr 2 2005, 09:19 PM)
i was thinking about this post today and realized that my third brake light is always in my rear view mirror.  place your super bright LED there.  i doubt i would miss it.  .02

scott

How is your third brake light in your mirror? It's not on mine.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
He's saying that he can always see the housing of the 3rd brake light in his rearview mirror, so if the LED were mounted on that housing he would be able to see it in his rearview. I had a Cadillac Brougham at one point, it had a forward facing brake indicator and turn signal indicators mounted just above the rear window so you could see them in the rearview in that same fashion.

Grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
thanks grant.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet