B Series Crx's Post Your 1/4 Mile Times

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

b16_destroyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si with entire 95 Integra wiring & drivetrain
I am using 205/50/R15's also. I don't know if it is the close gears of the YS-1 tranny or if it is the 1.8 liters torque or a combination of all of that with the 8 pound flywheel. But I cannot launch, I have to go from a roll.

Prices, bring a bag of money. Once a B series engine is in your 1st gen, if anything is old or worn in the suspension or brake system then in will probably break after a few days of B series abuse.

I put the 89 Teg front rotors and calipers on the front and it seems as if my stock master cylinder can't keep up. Then my power brake booster broke so now I am stopping the car like Fred Flinstone. Then just the other day I start hearing loud sounds coming from the tires. I thought my tires were going bad but when I jacked up the car, it was my passenger wheel bearing that went bad.

See, little things that you may never change in factory form will break if it isn't in good condition. I had to buy all new brakes, calipers, wheel cylinders,...the whole break system new and I had to replace all of my front end components, lower control arm, tie rod ends, bushings. I replaced all bushings with energy suspension polyurethane bushings. My struts are Koni yellow adjustables front and rear $$$ and rear Eibach sportline springs.

I stiffened up the setting on my rear struts and lowered the front and that helped with traction. Now I can take off in 2nd and not blow the tires off, but still 1st gear is hopeless.

How sticky are those Falken Azenis?
I pick on drivers, taunt them to race, and then beat them. MUUUUHAAAAHAA!

wilq

• where am I and how did I get in this handbasket?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si b18a1 turbo(under restoration),87 crx hf dohc turbo,86 crx dx dohc,91 integra ls,76 Ford F350 4x4,04 Subaru WRX STI
    • Image Gallery
I have a 87 si that will have a b18c1 turbo in it when I finish restoring the body from the ground up.I plan on using a cable clutch trans and obd 1 wiring.I`ve had all the parts for a long time just no time to finish the project.How ever I have an 87 hf with a pgm fi conversion and a dohc d16a1 turbo that runs consistant 14.40 1/4 mile timeslips on 7 lbs of boost and aired down 16" street tires.It`s about 175hp at the flywheel close to what a vtec b-series should have.With stickier tires should run high 13`s in the 1/4.
old crxs never die they just get faster
The offical Chrisfdude ebay sniper club member &Team BUrnOUt member #2

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
will you never cease to amaze me. its facinating what you have laying around out there lol. btw ill hopefully be around your way for the race at MIR next week.

anyway back on topic. ive spent wayyy too much money on this car (especially this motor). ive only broght it to the track once. i ran 14.3 @101 mph, untuned on my 195/50/15 toyos which are like bricks. that was also with NO vtec! ohmy.gif it should get a lot better real soon.
-Roger

N/A Power

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: Crx 86
i ran 13.5 on my complete stock b16a, ie BONE stock... no nothing... we rule hehhe 1st gen crx for life smile.gif

oh btw street tires smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

zc-hybrid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic CR-VTEC
I have an 87 hf with a pgm fi conversion and a dohc d16a1 turbo that runs consistant 14.40 1/4 mile timeslips on 7 lbs of boost and aired down 16" street tires.

my n/a D16a1 with black top head and headwork+bolt-ons ran 14.5 @ 95mph, 15" alloys and 195/50 street tyres.

im building a B18c4 civic now, if i dont run 13's im going to "cry like a baby" lol...

Edited by zc-hybrid, 27 August 2003 - 06:59 AM.