Carpet

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

wside2nr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88" CRX "Si R" Dx !,85'CRX DX,86CRX DX,87 CRX Si,95 CR250R!
the carpet trick is this: My old man used to deal in trade in cars and he could take an old hagard out carpet and make it look new like this......

bucket of hot water ,add RIT fabric dye and about a 1/4 cup of BABY SHAMPOO!

vac off the carpet (WITH SEATS REMOVED) SOAK THE CARPET and with a med. bristle brush scrubb the rug with the dye/shampoo mix(wear gloves) and then vac it out with a wet/dry vac, start the car(out of the garage of course) and turn the heat on HIGH with all the windows up and a slight crack at the top of one let the car run for 15-20 minutes the moisture will escape out of the cracked window and the carpet is dry !
PLUS the whole air heat system is fresh smelling and the carpet will look like new!

I did this to a 300zx that had crappy light blue grease stained carpet and went with a darker blue dye and it looked AWSOME for about 5 yrs!!

Black carpet really looks new this way!

NOW the MA audio issue they areabout two yrs old and I jam the fuc* out of 'em daily have never had a glicth! the amp is.5 ohm stable and can handle alot of punishment it is digital and makes great use of power 3 600W dual vc 12"'s I can raise a 1 litre "BIG SLAM" Mountain Dew off the roof 2 inches! Holy Shit man thats loud!
Whatz Burnin' Yo?? ;-)

CRXdan

Im still confused, should I ground it or wire it to the baterey?
How would the ground pop off if it is bolted down?
And how would it blow out an amp?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

C_piddy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 turbo zc (turbo edit) -1986 carb dohc zc hf
we didn't have our amp box srewed into anything so the ground fell out when we stopped hard. it then sounded like the car reving... the sub was making some crazy noises... it was a shitty amp, i think it just blew cuz it was so old.

chris
no fighting in the war room!

Dr. Strangelove

sk8lilbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX SI
Grounding it to the battery definately can't hurt but personally i don't think its worth the hassle. I just used a self tapping screw and went into the frame. Other people hook it up to where the seat bolts to the floor or where the seatbelt connects. For any car audio questions you can hit up elitecaraudio.com. The have an awesome forum with lots of cool helpful people (much like this board).