How Much Duct Tape Is On Your Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
duct tape man well were to start my front fenders are ducttaape, i have a layer about 10"wide and the top to bottom so say 24-26" long then i have Jcloths sprayed with rubber undercoat then more duct tape then undercoat again.
the runners have ductatpe the floors in the back ofthe car are ductape. ducttape in the inside of the wheel wells

zstraps holding wires under dash.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have lots and lots of zip ties, mostly to hold wires together. biggrin.gif And sorry Aren, no duct tape on my car, but lots of electrical tape. Do you have any of that lightweight JDM duct tape on your car? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

Old School CRX Swap

• Too Many Projects
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si with B16A, 92 Honda Civic Hatch With a GSR, 87 V8 4Runner, 72 Chevy Pickup SWB
well no duct tape and a lot less zipties since i got my cf hood ya my header panel was held on by three or four zipties and rivits then it broke off so at that time about ten of em but since the new hood i only have a couple in other places
B18C Power One Of These Days
1/4 Mile Times With B16A This Summer For Sure!!!

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
maybe I can help ya get rid of some of that rattle, lemme know.
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

demon2180

yeah alot of zip ties and no duct tape makes the car go faster:D
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ihave some on the rear wiring harness to the hatch..

sexyrexer is using it to block off the hole for ac. heehee.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

3rdgen

• A civic by anyother name would still be just as sweet
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic <carb> 97 mpv, 2003 tiburon<supercharged>
i want duct tape.... as of now, there are no zipties or tape anywhere on my car. i must really suck

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Zipties...and Safety wire everywhere.....literally.... wink.gif

zippy's for the rad...safety wire for the bumpers....uhmmm...if I listed all the places...I'd be here for days typing everything up...lets just say...I've found ways to use these items to their full potenial. ph34r.gif

I had my moonroof held down with duct tape for a year or more....got so tired of it...I made a sheet metal block off plate and rivited it on.....but then took it off when I found a rust free roof.....and the drill holes are still pissing me off.
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Duct Tape?! Come on guys, everyone knows that clear packing tape is the stuff to use on cracked fenders and header panels.

Clear packing tape is nearly invisible from 20 feet away, but duct tape is visible from low earth orbit.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

JDN14

no zipties or duct tape....a lot of low quality welding and misc. screws though rolleyes.gif
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
No duct tape, but alot of zip ties and heatshrink tube (hey Aren, i redid all the wire connections with a soldering iron and hintshrink, and made all the solders look clean as i can)

Most of the zipties are holding my harness in place, i used a good 200 + hanging the harness in the cabin and engine bay. But hell, they work great!!!!

Sean

DarkHand

I think it was Summer of 2001 when I had a bunch of duct tape on my Civic when the window broke. Not some crappy job though:

This marvel of engineering took 6 hours and alot of duct tape. Notice there is no tape stuck to the outside of the car. The patch is pulled toward the car by 4 tape 'straps'. You can see them around the edges. This keeps the outside of the car looking clean, and keeps water out of the car by pulling the patch against the windows original weatherstripping.

View of the inside. Not as clean looking, but this is where the magic happens. The other ends of the tape straps are visible. They are tied to various parts of the car, keeping the patch pulled in tight. This method also prevents the patch from ever blowing out, as the straps wrap around the edges of the entire patch. More tape seals the edges to keep out any water that might get through.

It looked really good, even close up! My best friend didn't pay much attention to it and thought it was some kind of louver I had added smile.gif

The patch lasted all summer and all winter, and not a drop of water got in the car.

Edited by DarkHand, 23 November 2004 - 11:42 AM.

DarkHand

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My sunroof was replaced by a riveted in piece of sheet metal. When it rained, it leaked through the rivets.
Was driving the car in the rain,a nd was sick of the roof leaking on my arm and head, so i pulled into a gas station, took the roll of duct tape out of the glove box (gotta keep it handy!) and taped around the edges of where the sunroof was, to seal up the gap.
Everyone in the gas station was looking at me like "WTF!" laugh.gif

Oh, and almost the entire wiring harness was held in by zip ties. Even the fuse panel (from '89 teg wiring) was suspended in mid-air by a tip tie holding it taunt from each corner ph34r.gif

anREXsic

• Truffle Shuffle!
  • PipPip
I replaced all of my duct tape with zip ties and electrical tape. On my old celica I used 100mph tape for like a week. That stuff works awesome.
WTB CR-X Si or Civic Si
87 CR-X Si, B16 swap, many upgrades - Sold
07 NIssan Altima - Wifes Car

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it.

It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible.

Condor

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, bought new, no rice. 07 MCa w/sport, no kraut.
Ducttape and zipties on the broken air intake thing smile.gif

zip ties all under the dash....

black tape, shrink tubing for the wiring to the hatch...

and finally - black tape on the drywall toggle bolts
(so they would give with the stress and slip a little)
that hold the bottom inside of my fenders on rolleyes.gif