Rextec's Projec Log! (56k? Prob. No Way)

• You cannot reply to this topic
163 replies to this topic

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
if you guys really wanted to know what motor im going to run you could just search lol, so i guess ill just post some pics.

smile.gif

d16z6:eagle rods, cp 75.5mm pistons, acl bearings, arp headstuds

the goodies i was talking about ph34r.gif

precision gt3251e turbo, greddy style catchcan, rfl bov, and a ported tb

Edited by rextec, 01 March 2005 - 03:40 PM.

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well heres the update for today. before i had to go to work i decided to pull the dash and gut all of the a/c, heater, and blower assembly. this saves a bit of weight especially when the heater core is full of coolant. it also cleans up the engine bay a bunch because of all the wiring and heater hoses. besides i live in socal its not like it gets below zero.......but it does get over 100 blink.gif sad.gif . and i also found out my master cylinder was leaking, no wonder my brakes sucked!!!

Edited by rextec, 01 March 2005 - 04:54 PM.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sweet! keep the updates coming, you are getting me modeavated to work on my car.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
NO WAY?!?! yes way, ted. me and you are doing the same thing. except for the choice of engine and snail. this is my first rebuild. i will definately be watching your progress. i'm sure you've seen it but here mine anyway. my project

what are your plans for prepping and painting the engine bay?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Mar 1 2005, 05:53 PM)
Sweet! keep the updates coming, you are getting me modeavated to work on my car.

Me too.. There are so many cool projects going on.. Now all I need is time.. dry.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Mar 1 2005, 09:13 PM)
NO WAY?!?!  yes way, ted.  me and you are doing the same thing.  except for the choice of engine and snail.  this is my first rebuild.  i will definately be watching your progress.  i'm sure you've seen it but here mine anyway.  my project

what are your plans for prepping and painting the engine bay?

scott

im going to take a red scotch brite pad and some ajax/dawn soap and get all of the grime off and scuff it up pretty good and borrow a spray gun and shot it. it will be matched to the body color with a clear coat. tommorow i am going to reroute wires out of the bay (ala ea_hatch). once i figure out what color i am going to paint it i will start spraying the bay and jambs. im kind of liking imola red off of the new bmw m3's.....yum.

Aren D.

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
red is a good choice of color!

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Mar 2 2005, 01:48 AM)
red is a good choice of color!

yea that color is the lick. it will look real good with bronze wheels. are you taking out the subframe and brake lines etc.?

EDIT: i seen volk c28n some where for around 280 a piece. 14*5.5 @ 6.5 lbs. add some azenis sports and call it a day. just my .02

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 04 March 2005 - 03:13 PM.

"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I agree, a lot of people are getting busy with projects.....

ph34r.gif

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well guys i picked up the paint today. i decided on the imola red above biggrin.gif . i got ppg's top line paint and clear coat. i got a gallon of clear and 2 quarts of the red (which gets reduced to 1:1 so i guess its 1 gallon of paint) will this be enough to do the whole car including the bay an jambs? i had a busy day so all i did today pull the wiring through the firewall. im hoping it will look like it was dipped in paint after im done with it. i am planning on droping the subframe so i can freshen it up with some paint.

Edited by rextec, 03 March 2005 - 12:49 AM.

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
heres a pic of the suspension i was talking about

and here are my hx's (gloss black "anodized" blue lip)that i have to repaint now mad.gif . i painted them this color cause i was going to paint the car black or white but they wont match a red car soooo......

its a damn shame cause they looked hot!

Edited by rextec, 07 March 2005 - 01:49 AM.

1g Supremacy

Hotness. Pure and simple.

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
today i finished cleaning, sanding and painting the bay semi flat black. i decided not to color match it in case i scratch it and need to do a touch up, and anyways if i ever decide to repaint my ca a different color it will match. now all i have to do is drop the subframe and clean it up and also clean up the master cylinder and i will be done with the bay. it turned out NICE!!
take a look for yourselves smile.gif

Edited by rextec, 07 March 2005 - 01:50 AM.

Aren D.

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
looks good dude, you should thake the booster out and sand/ and paint it too :aprovedface:

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Mar 7 2005, 01:51 AM)
looks good dude, you should thake the booster out and sand/ and paint it too :aprovedface:

yeah im going to do that too. well today i pulled out the whole subframe and tomorrow i will be putting in the new bushings, cleaning, painting and reassembling it. btw is it easier to put in new t-bars while the subframe is out or in?