• Group: Members
    • Drives: 1969 CST10, 1987 CRX HF

Finally sees the light of day.

MadMax

• pepper-ed
  • PipPip
    • Drives: pirate,ship
I really wish you were coming with us to Dallas, I absolutely love your CRX! I have a 85 F150 302 super cab I drive whenever I have to but my little car is what gets me where I need to go 95% of the time. If you need any help give me a shout I'm really close to you, I'm about 2 miles from Willowbrook mall. I have a spare 4x100 13'' steel wheel just in case you still need 1.
Rollin 1G style.. reppin those old school Honda's user posted image

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Actually that's very close to my dad's house, he's over by Wolfies and 1960. I live off 290 and Mason. I don't think Cypress is that close to willowbrook, lol.

However, just bad timing, the only weekend I can actually get things done is this one.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

After a lot of set backs, day one is over. 4 coats later... 3 quarts :/

Letting it sit over night, do a bit of sanding to kill a few runs, but it's coming along OK thus far. Certainly tons better than the peeling blue, but it'll need wet sanding later. Yay, more sanding!

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ta-daaaaaaaah

It will need a good bit of work later, but, I've gotta white nugget!

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
well done! mine's next!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Bwahah, after more experimenting with the paint gun. Strict time-span to work with. I think I'll put on another coat after wet sanding this smooth sometime later.

VX wheels are all installed. I'll admit, the style has grown on me a good bit. Once I get the trim line done, it'll be done! I'm thinking about painting the grilles as well, black, to break up the front some.

So, just as a play-by-play;

The end product should be this with in a week or so.

Edited by TexanIdiot25, 01 July 2010 - 11:16 PM.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ok, sooooooo who gets the hf wheels?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Keeping them around for now, I'd like to find a replacement. Keep a set of original HF wheels with the HF car since they're hard to find.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Grilles are now black. Breaks up the front a little. haven't started wet sanding the car, but have been experimenting with the trunk lid and the car should come out NICE.

No updates for the next few weeks, however. Off to South Carolina for my grandfather's funeral. sad.gif

Edited by TexanIdiot25, 13 July 2010 - 05:53 PM.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Why so low, CRX?

Picked up PowerWheel's Si drivetrain yesterday. MUCH heavier than expected, we barely got it in the trunk. Now, I didn't plan on how to get it out laugh.gif, but will pick up an engine hoist tomorrow. Picked it up as a spare motor incase this one ever explodes. My only complaint with these cars is the Carb, so any future plans I had meant fuel injection, so this will be ready to go when the HF's motor gives up the ghost.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Nice work Tex! Paint looks good. Will be sweet with the trim painted color of your choice. Have you thought of adding a lip to the bumper as well?

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I have, but haven't found one on here yet. OG wagon had one, but it measured up wrong.

The car is interesting to drive with the motor and trans still in back. Must engine brake to stop at a decent rate, and it rides rather nice with the extra weight! If I end up keeping it, next junkyard project is bigger brakes. They get too hot too fast on the Austin roads I noticed. ohmy.gif

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
As far as brakes go, DX/Si vented brakes would be a big improvement over the solid front HF rotors... and then there are integra brakes wink.gif

I say drop the Si engine in! you can keep it carb'd and it makes life much easier
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
What carb and intake could I throw on the Si head? And what one for cheap? I'm open to ideas. Also while it's out, what options do I have for a dirt cheap and mild work.

I'm thinking of grabbing EF (88-90?) front brakes as discussed in that other thread. These guys start to warp after a lot of aggressive driving here. The HF doesn't have much engine braking, so the solid pea sized disks don't like it. biggrin.gif

I'm moving out there tomorrow, I'll have to grab a video of the road that's near me.