My New Project

• You cannot reply to this topic
161 replies to this topic

jweber89

• 1986年ホンダシビッ
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX DX(sold), 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
Got a chance a few days ago to get a ride in this beauty. We had to rig a quick fix to the slight overheating problem, but after that we headed out. The suspension felt great. Steering was very responsive with the rebuilt steering column. Even with the weight of Cam and I, the motor still seemed to pull strong. He said it was a lot better when it was just him. Overall, it was an excellent ride. Cam let me drive for quite a ways, and man it was fun. biggrin.gif I'd say definitely a hell of a deal. Now's time to start the LS/VTEC swap, right Cam? wink.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
nice looking crx,
great project, keep it going...
how much did dc SS cost you, cause they go for silly prices now...

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (koshir @ Jun 27 2010, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...how much did dc SS cost you, cause they go for silly prices now...

Okay, I feel dumb; but what is "dc SS"? huh.gif lol

EDIT: ohhhh!! did you mean the DC Sports Short Throw Shifter?? If so... get ready. It came with the car. ALLLL of the parts I've shown in this thread did. tongue.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
In case you guys missed it... I recently did this to this poor car.

But I turned it into this for now, until I can return it back to fresh stock 86 Si once again!

Thats all for now, and I'm back in town finally so the work on the car should resume at some point soon.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Dang! So sorry man.

Praise that the JDM/EDM headlights and CF hood seem to have escaped from the crash un-harmed.

You'll have it back to new soon. Best of luck!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Yeah... unfortunately they did not. Those are the EDM headlights that were supposed to go on my other car. lol But it only broke mounting tabs on the other set, so they can be fixed!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Well... I just had an extreme water pump FAIL. Click HERE for details. dry.gif It basically looks like this..

Anyway, the car HAD been running a bit too warm for my liking; but not hot enough to do that; I really just think it was a coincidence. Either way, my dual core radiator came in yesterday, so with great timing on my side I pulled an all nighter till 5AM to put my baby back on the road. Ill let the photos do the talking. wink.gif

Now I DID put on hose clamps... dont worry. Stole the idea from Devion to run two per hose actually, so thanks for that man.

The opening for the radiator cap is too square and jagged for me atm... but I was just trying to get done last night, so I'll be rounding off those corners and adding a little rubber bumper to the edges for a clean look. I even got to keep my hood latch!! laugh.gif The fan blows great too, I'm very happy with my egay purchase!! huh.gif lol

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
glory shot of the Mugen headers... tongue.gif tongue.gif

that is all... biggrin.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Not much is new with the car. I am expecting a FAL fan soon that I will be installing to further aid in keeping under hood temps. down. But for now I wanted a few cosmetic things. So I finally got around to installing my Yakima bike rack that I've had for forever. I am only missing the front "fairing" (wind deflector) but have already ordered a brand new one. Once that gets here I will install it and display my decals/stickers on it. wink.gif

REEEEALLY blurry pics as I just shot them really quick with my point and shoot with no tripod or good lighting, but you get the idea for now.

I also installed my 3-hole switch pannel that now holds my OEM foglight switch, EF dimmer switch, and factory sunroof switch.

I also did some poking around through my stash, checking continuity of every spare light bulb I had that fit in the heater control pannel... I only found enough to work it all out once!

Anybody know a good source to get these tiny little bulbs?? blink.gif

It looks great for now though... laugh.gif

-Cam

EDIT: also re-installed my 120MPH speedo as I was tired of not knowing how much gas the car had... dry.gif

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Silly question. Why didn't you install that fan so it pushes from the front, and thereby leave more space in the bay?
anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Simple, because the car has A/C and the condenser sits in front of the radiator. The airflow wouldn't be as "direct flow" I think... It doesn't matter now though because my FAL fan should be here today, and it mounts as a puller with a good shroud to the factory EG radiator mounting points.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That three hole dash panel is awesome! Where'd you get something like that?

As for those tiny bulbs.... I just snag them from any similar honda when at the wrecker. Maybe you can order them from the dealer?

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Rampage @ Aug 13 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That three hole dash panel is awesome! Where'd you get something like that?

As for those tiny bulbs.... I just snag them from any similar honda when at the wrecker. Maybe you can order them from the dealer?

RPR's overseas friend GraftKrote (if thats how you spell his name... lol) I just know that it was PERFECT for my car! tongue.gif

87rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx dx,87 civic si,90 gmc s-15, 63' and 74' bugs
The car looks great Camron! Its great to see it back together with some of the fantastic parts you have. I bet you still have a wagon wagon load of parts stashed back! laugh.gif Maybe after the new year I can get up to see the car and maybe pick up some more parts from you. Looks like I'll need to get some new directions?

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (87rex @ Aug 14 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The car looks great Camron! Its great to see it back together with some of the fantastic parts you have. I bet you still have a wagon wagon load of parts stashed back! laugh.gif Maybe after the new year I can get up to see the car and maybe pick up some more parts from you. Looks like I'll need to get some new directions?

Hey man! Havent heard from you in a while... yeah, new directions will be in order; and yes I do still have a semi-truck worth of extra stuff lying around. lol This is actually a new car I aquired about 3 months ago from a great guy from this board in Virginia. The other car is still under construction. Its just hard to tell them apart because of them being the same year and the same color and all. laugh.gif