An Open Letter To The Group

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
David has done alot. And it is much appreciated. I am going thru something very similar myself, and it took someone I had drug along, to stop me and have me realise that there were wayy to many things I was missing by doing everything else for everyone else. Take the time, do what you need to do. We will still be here.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
David

As I have said to you before , its not that I cannot make this stuff, its just that you have done such a great job and made wicked parts for a very reasonable price.

please let me know what you still have to sell.

THANX for all the effort and the bump steer kit wink.gif

Doodson

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. wink.gif

Remember everybody, I'm going not going anywhere. I'm just taking a break from being a supplier.

As far as the leftover bits I still have around for sale, I have a few bump steer correction kits, some one and two axis panhard bars, and a couple of OBD0/1/2 distributor adapters for the EW.

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
As everybody else has said just take it easy and enjoy your on build. It's really to bad the market it shit. I think there would be more people buying your products but there is no market or money at the moment. Maybe when things get better If they ever do you could try again. What you have done for RPR is more than any of use could ask for. You have gave us hope with what can be made for the 1g/3g. Its hard to find someone that is more than willing to spend the time and research on " classic hondas".

Roy
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
Thanks for the awesome products and best of luck to you!
Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

evol911

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Ford F350 SWB 1987 BMW 325ic 1976 BMW 2002 1984 CRX 1.5i
    • Image Gallery
I haven't been around here long, but long enough to see the stellar work that David has shared with us all. Even though I don't own any of your parts David, I wish I did. These parts will only increase in value!

Thanks David, for your dedication and thanks to your wife for letting you spend so much time in your garage for us wink.gif

"I'm a man of means by no means..."

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I haven't bought anything from you, but have marveled at your skill. Would I have liked to buy something? Hell yes. Unfortunately at this point it's a struggle to just justify keeping my rex right now. I had to sell a ton of stuff on ebay just to get my recent wheels which I may have to turn around and resell if things go down the tubes. I think the CRXs and early Civics will be classics one day, but right now they are cheap affordable rust buckets most of us buy to fix up. There are relatively few examples of excellent CRXs on here. Most like mine, a work in progress. That said, I am sorry if you feel kinda shunned by the community but in my experience, I get very excited about a product, save up a little dough, then something happens (hospital visit, roof leak, bad plumbing, basement flood, major car repair, loss of daycare provider, take your pick) and the funds have to be diverted. Maybe if you make things at a smaller rate, slower as a hobby that happens to make some extra money you'll enjoy it as opposed to a full time venture. Work is not fun, hence the name. Therefore when you do it as work, you'll likely dislike it, but as a part time hobby, it may have a little more charm. If I had my way I'd have all your parts, Mr D's hoods, Tiens, etc... But right now it hasn't moved since last spring (?), sitting under a car cover rusting in peace. I jacked it up to put on the polished phone dials on and that's it. I really hope you don't think we're a bunch of cheap assholes because we haven't been able to support you. I mean, we are cheap assholes, but not for that reason specifically. Any forum that has older niche cars has this kinda stuff going on. Everyone wants super parts, someone puts forth the effort, and no one buys them. But, I will declare this, if I win the lottery, I WILL buy all your products, and all Mr D's products for CRXs too. Anyways, hope after the winter and you get thawed out, you feel better about the whole CRX community thing, and stick with it. Best wishes.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

toxicshit

i still want to buy your parts in febru.. and then all the stuff that you've got ready at once. so that way im hoping im helping you to stay allive david!

issnt it an idea to team up with marcus ? i know he asked you if he could be a reseller of your products i have known him for years now and have done some business with him and in good and in bad times he is allways a guy on whom you can count.

Greetings Erwin.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Thank you David! Let me know when the front kit might again be available. I'll be here!

importzero

same here let me know when there available im ready to buy
turbo zc !!!!!!

Vicious

um i think you missed the whole point of the thread buddy laugh.gif David is taking a hiatus from making parts wink.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Only a machinist packs stuff like this biggrin.gif
Thanks again David!

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
And right when I can finally spend time with my CRX and finally have the funds to buy these things....

wink.gif

87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Jan 28 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. wink.gif

Remember everybody, I'm going not going anywhere. I'm just taking a break from being a supplier.

As far as the leftover bits I still have around for sale, I have a few bump steer correction kits, some one and two axis panhard bars, and a couple of OBD0/1/2 distributor adapters for the EW.

David

Hope you come back to making those parts..REALLY! want those front bearings and Traction bars(to bad i spent my money on something else at the wrong time, didn't expect this wink.gif ..)
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

JMSBND

• HONDA MANIAC
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1972 Honda N360, Honda Coupe 9s, Honda 1977 Civic, Honda 1986 JDM CRX ZC, 2003 Honda S2000
Thanks for all your effort David.

I received all my parts today and I am overwhelmed at the quality. I watched with great interest and some undertanding at the calculations/process you go through to develop your parts and I knew right away that I needed to buy them. Opportunities to get this sort of quality service are rare these days.

I am a panel beater by trade and could never hope to design and manufacture what you have supplied for my CRX track car project. Infact quite a few of my fellow amature racers are in shock at what I got for the money. Thanks to you I have a complete race suspension system for my car that puts my S2000 to shame (and it's now for sale).

My only thoughts are that with the 1G CRX and 3G Civic they are a budget entry level car to start and so are generally owned by younger people on tight budgets. That means alot of the time owners can't afford the money to take their cars to the extreme engineering/performance levels that a few of us aspire to.

I look forward to following the progress of your H22 powered CRX.

P.S. - The best thing you gave me was advice about the getting away from the TV. I get so much done now and not just on the car!

James.

My private collection:1972 Honda N360 Scamp; 1972 Honda Coupe 9s; 1973 Honda EB Civic Hatch; 1987 JDM ZC CRX; 2003 Honda S2000