• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

~zeus~

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic si "BetSi" RIP, 2001 Mazda MPV, 2007 Kia Spectra
QUOTE (85Beater @ Nov 14 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unbelievable driving! How'd they get that guy to agree to ride out on the segway?!?!

from 0-60mag.com:
5) What inspired the use of the Segway?

Doing “donuts” in a car has been around for a long time. AWD cars can do them very well…like a spinning-top. But, that’s a bit basic—as far as driving skills go—so I wanted to try and test my donut skills by using a moving object. So, the best thing I could come up with was a filmer on a drivable barstool. But, we couldn’t find one of those barstools in time so we resorted to the Segway.

6) Were there any Segway casualties?

No! We had a couple of close calls, but nothing serious. And, it only took a few takes to get that one great shot that’s in the clip. Thanks to Josh Martelli (Segway driver and Director of the clip) for stepping up and getting on that thing, and letting me attempt to scrape my front bumper on the side of a moving Segway!

QUOTE (Optimus Prime @ Transformers Season 2 Ep. 1)
"Megatron is behind this. I'd bet my titanium torsion bars on it."

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Nov 13 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is some crazy driving.

Question: It might just be me, but why to Subaru's always sound like their engines are not firing on all cylinders? Something I've always wondered about.

David

The sound "On throttle" is due to a combination of firing order and exhaust layout basically.

The popping and snarling "off throttle" on that car is the turbo anti-lag system. It in very basic terms, is dumping raw fuel into the exhaust between exhaust port and the turbo that is then ignited to keep the turbo spooled up while the driver is off the gas so when he jumps back on it, the boost is right ther and there is no waiting for it to spool.

As for the Vid............AWESOME. One day if I'm ever a very rich man, I am going to build a STOOOPID fast car, buy an abandoned airfield and BEAT THE CAR SENSELESS just like that!!

Rob

Must.....go......racing.......

mycotopian

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX HF
I am proud to say that we built that biggrin.gif

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/