Anybody Into Bmx?

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
wow, i did not expect this kinda response! thanks for all the advice. i looked at the website, dans comp, and i have only heard of one of those bike companies. like i was telling punjab, im looking for something entry-level but difficult to be outgrown. does that make sense? wink.gif

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

1swift1500s

• was lost, but now I'm found
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Own: (2) 87 crx Si's and 99 Silverado Z71
    • Image Gallery
been riding BMX for about 9 years. I personally have a Haro Backtrail. It's the old 2001 Nyquist signature addition and it weighs about 38 lbs. Look for a lighter bike than a Haro, and they do dent fairly easy if yo catch a ledge wrong... as for outgrowing, you'll want to get a bike fit to your size, not just a bike off the rack. I'm 6'3" and have a 21" top tube and 14.75" rear triangle, the top tube is good for my heigth but the rear tri is a alittle big... blah, blah, wanna know more or need some help, hit me up...
87 Teg... now in parts... new Si for swap
user posted image

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
Dans Comp is awesome......thats where ALL of my stuff came from. I am a fan of DK......i see all the Haro, FBM and so on.......but its DK for me. My bike is outfitted with a lot of Poverty parts, which have actually held up really nicely.

To name a few:

-poverty POW 3 piece crank
-poverty block stem
-poverty sofa seat
-poverty peddler pedals
-dia tech d-cup headset
-haro spyder pegs (right side only)

Too many parts to list, its a great bike though. It holds up too, cause i'm 6'3" and 225 lbs hahaha.

However, my main sport is skating. I have been skating for over 10 years, I have worked at Woodward as an instructor and I was sponsored by 2 different local shops. But I got away from all that and now I just skate for fun.......heres a pic of me at UDC (Washington D.C.)

SportInjectedClub

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ewww rollerblading. haha sike. i know a bunch of people into it but it appeled to me.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

rjay8604

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 civic dx, bored &amp; stroked b16 on the way.

Well see i used to ride bmx, i had a 96 robinson pro in chromoly, odyssey bang threadless stem (that was a big deal back then), odyssey t-1000 wheels with crupi sealed low flange hubs. Then my brothers idiot friends stole it. Well my brother's friend got my frame back plus a specialized fat boy full package. Thats was cool. I had to sell my bike to pay for speeding tickets <idiot. I miss manualing. I loved bunny hoppin' anb manualin. I rode trails too, i was kinda a wuss but i had fun. Sometimes i'd get "brave" and get my ass owned.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
There's no motivation like getting owned to make you get the trick done ph34r.gif
SportInjectedClub

UK-ZC1

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: '87 EDM ZC1, '02 EDM JAZZ SE SPORT
sorry but i'm laughing at the thought of a 225lb blader... cool.gif

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Thats actually not my body, its just the shirt flapping to the side. But i do actually weigh 220 lbs..........................................cause im 6'3" ph34r.gif def not fat

Edited by eastsiderider, 23 September 2004 - 08:30 PM.

SportInjectedClub

85 HONDAsaurus rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Honda CRX DX, and 1966 mustang GT(sweet)
I used to bike and skateboard, but when you get a car and a job you tend to not have time to do anything else like skate or ride. Come to think of it my bike is still in my garage with a flat tire that I meant to fix 2 years ago. Its actually a 2001 Haro Backtrail I got for my birthday that year. It's a good bike but kinda heavy especially with the alex triple wall rims. Go to dans comp somewhere online and I think I might actually be selling the bike for like $150, it just needs a tube. Haros are ok, but good to start with. If you think you will get into bmx and stay with it get an s&m, or standard(they were the best i think when I used to ride, maybe theres something better nowadays) they are solid bikes.

85 HONDAsaurus rex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Honda CRX DX, and 1966 mustang GT(sweet)
Oh yea comparing skating to biking, you'll get hurt a lot more on a bike because its not as easy to bail off of compared to a skateboard.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
in the little time that i have been looking, the bikes that appeal to me are made by eastern and dk. anybody know anything about these?

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
QUOTE (UK-ZC1 @ Sep 22 2004, 06:27 PM)
sorry but i'm laughing at the thought of a 225lb blader... cool.gif

no no my friend,the word is FRUITBOOTER!!!!!, not blader

hahaha i ride AND skate so i get the right 2 hate.
but,seriously,I'm 6'4 240lbs and I still skate too(some skateparks don't allow bikes)
whats funny about fruitbooters our size?

Edited by rileyescobar, 24 September 2004 - 01:51 AM.

no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (calmoc9 @ Sep 23 2004, 10:27 PM)
in the little time that i have been looking, the bikes that appeal to me are made by eastern and dk.  anybody know anything about these? 

scott

Well as you can see in the pic, I have a DK General Lee. The only way to get a white one, is if you build the bike yourself. If you buy a complete, you can only get in orange or black. Now as far as quality goes...........DK is a very tough bike company if you ask me. That bike has taken some trail and street abuse from me. Now I am not sure how big you are, but since im 6'3" and 220 lbs..........and it can take abuse from me, i'm sure it will be more than adequit for you. I highly recommend DK.

And as far as learning tricks, just watch video's. The majority of the video's I have are street and trail riding. The 411 BMX series is great. My favorite video I have though.......SNAP Magazine "RHYTHM - A Trails Video" Nothing but 35 mins of pure dirt ph34r.gif The video is about 3 years old, but you can still pick it up, I highly recommend it.

SportInjectedClub