• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Got your $$ Clint. Thanks!

Ok, the "metal header panel" turned out to be plastic afterall (I had some doubts as I never heard of a metal header panel for our car). I am getting some details on the header panel that Ghost-one used so we can go that route again...slight delay.

Marcus

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
Marcus

How goes the search for the donor header panel?
DM
PHX, AZ

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
eh, not so hot...I thinking I am going to just get a new one. Working at the dealer I get a pretty good discount, and then I don't need to worry about quality or finish. It will just be perfect. I thought it would be really easy for me to come up with one. I found plenty of 4dr ones, but Ghost-one suggested a 3dr would work better.

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
money is sent! smile.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
money got! Everyone is paid in full now. I am going to try and get my car to the fabricators' on Sunday!

rosendo192000

• time get closer 4 the b16
  • PipPip
cool kept on posting info huh.gif

Simple87Si

blink.gif how much is the CF hood w/ CF header panel?
i would definately be interested in this also..
user posted image

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ Feb 28 2003, 07:05 AM)
blink.gif how much is the CF hood w/ CF header panel?
i would definately be interested in this also..

$350 + shipping

Check out the original post at:

http://www.redpepper...t=ST&f=2&t=2034
DM
PHX, AZ

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
biggrin.gif i cant wait
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Me neither, but it is not going as fast as I hoped. I am going to get a new 3dr header panel and fab with that. Unfortunately it won't be in for another week or so. If anyone knows of a 3dr header panel in excellent condition, let me know. I thought it would be a piece of cake getting one but not around here I suppose...

Simple87Si

so ure saying that ure also going to make the 2 peice hood and header panel also? because i would rather go that route.. smile.gif
user posted image

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
Marcus,

Two questions:

Will this be an OEM header panel, I've heard some of the aftermaket one's don't line up with the hood and fenders perfectly. This could cause problems since we're doing a one piece.

Will the two holes for the Honda emblem be filled so the end product doesn't have to have the emblem?

Just curious.

Dave
DM
PHX, AZ

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
MrD...

I went to the yard today and saw a metal header pannel on a civic hatch(it was metal because I went WTF when I touched it).... Im guessing thats the one your talking about... I cant rmemeber how GOOD of condition it was in, there were a few hatches at the yard with salvageable header pannels.. but the one I looked at looks like the mounting tabs were a little fucked(doubt you would need them, everything else looked straight)... if you want I might be able to swing back in their next week over my spring break... I donno how much they want for them and how good of condition there in(wasnt thinking anyone needed one)...

If you want I can go back next week and try to get it and attempt to ship it out... like I said... I donno how much they want for them... I pretty much just walked out with a bunch of shit in my pants today .... small things though laugh.gif blink.gif

but yeah, I really cant get there till next week... with class and all... and I doubt my buddy would go this week.. it was muddy as all hell up there.. I need to find a day when its dry....

Edited by CRX8Grand, 04 March 2003 - 07:48 PM.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

Brad Eubank

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 94 accord, 87 crx
A buddy of mine has a 85 civic dx 4 dr with a metal header panel. I helped him put a radiator in it and thought it was weird. They should be interchangeable , maybe.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
No 2 piece design, only one piece...and there will be not emblem holes either. If you wanna H you can make your own holes pretty easily....

The Header panel I am going to order is an OEM new 3dr one. I would rather not pay for it, but if I must, I must. I am thinking it will be the best route since I won't need to pay shipping or anything and I get a great deal on it.

Marcus