• Group: 2010 Contributing Member
You don't waste any time do you? smile.gif

Lookin Good
No more CRX

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (87Si @ Jan 22 2005, 11:29 PM)
You don't waste any time do you?  smile.gif

Lookin Good

i was lucky enough to have this car dropped in my lap during vacation. cool.gif
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

kamikaze_fish

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '03 Nissan 350z, '06 Scion tC, 85 CRX, 85 Civic Hatchie
yeah, definitely workin right along, lookin good though. Keep it up!
SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration - Founder
QUOTE(zakats)
my gosh thats like killing puppies and infants while burning flags all at the same time!!!!

user posted image

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
nothing really new, just pulled the engine and am trying to tear it down (damn flywheel) and the brake lines are being a pain too. flare wrenches don't help either. so getting started on preping the engine bay is on pause as well. i feel like the maytag man......

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 09 April 2005 - 09:02 PM.

"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice project, I hope you put a lot of detail in to it.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
yeah the brake lines on my civic were a pain in the ass.. why does honda have to use cheap soft metal flare nuts.. ph34r.gif

your doing an awesome job on that car.. comming along quickly
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

JDN14

how did you end up getting thwe fuel filter fitting off? Mine's a pain too.

Coming along quickly, keep it up!
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
Calmoc, use a vise-grip to break those brake fittings loose, then use the flare nut wrench. That's what I did. Don't use one with plier-type jaws though like I did. Use the kind with the flat jaws. Soak with WD-40, get get the grips as tight as you can, and just put some elbow grease behind it. Nice progress, though. My sloth-like abilities took me a while to get my civic on the road.

Edited by pmpicci, 02 March 2005 - 11:06 AM.

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JDN169 @ Mar 2 2005, 07:55 AM)
how did you end up getting thwe fuel filter fitting off?  Mine's a pain too.

Coming along quickly, keep it up!

when i was pulling the engine i decided that it would be less costly to prep and paint the engine bay. so i focused on just getting the engine out period. i ended up just unbolting the fuel lines from the firewall.----/captain hook/ ...bad form, peter.../captain hook/

scott

vouch thread 1 2

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The method I use for removing the fuel filter is simple:

Use a 17 or 19mm open end wrench to grab the nut on the filter itself.... you can see it has a hex-shaped neck where the service bolts into. Then use a 12mm to undo the top service bolt, use a rag/paper towel overtop of the bolt, pressure will come from the line. Then use a 17mm on the banjo-bolt, and with two wrenches, one to hold the filter from turning, and one to turn the bolt, it should come off with a bit of elbow grease.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hows this project going?

tjbizzo

• pumice my corns
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si Crapmobile

MY EYES!! OH GOD MY EYES!!! Man those are saaa-weeeet! I'll buy E-AT a burger and a beer if he shows up at bryman's party with those. tongue.gif That's a nice project you've got going there, and yes I'm totally jealous of the size of your garage. :suffers from garage envy due to his *small* 1 car garage: laugh.gif

Edited by tjbizzo, 16 March 2005 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well, if i were taking my girlfriends car, it may of been a possibility, but come on!!!! i've got the hatch to show off!!

plus, i never got those from him. didn't buy 'em..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Aren D. @ Mar 16 2005, 01:33 AM)
hows this project going?

not nearly as fast as rextex's. been working my ass off at work; about 56 hours a week. just been piddling with the car since. but he's flying on his. can't wait to see his build complete. that way i can compare his to mine since we're after the same thing, a FAST street car. but i do have a few pics, not worth much. these are pics of the number two cylinder. it looks to be the worst of the four.

and this is what is left of the last f'n flywheel bolt. mark was right, the bolt head was too shallow for the craftsman bolt out to bite into it. then i used a step bit to drill it and use an easy out. twisted the easy out. so then i used a die grinder and cut off wheel to deal a mighty blow to the bolt head. after that the flywheel just wiggled off. hope that will help someone in the future, cuz i wouldn't wish that aggrevation on anybody, almost.

QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Mar 16 2005, 09:11 AM)
well, if i were taking my girlfriends car, it may of been a possibility, but come on!!!! i've got the hatch to show off!!

plus, i never got those from him. didn't buy 'em..

i can bring the door panel to bryman's?........ if your not too chicken, Mcfly!!!!!

scott

Edited by calmoc9, 01 March 2009 - 09:53 PM.

vouch thread 1 2

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
dude, look at your 2nd pic (the one of the drivers side). looks to me that you may have some frame or control arm damnge there. the wheel looks like its almost touching the rear side of the fender. might want to look into that, but then again it might be the angle of the pic. would suck to complete the project and then find that theres frame damage.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member