1g Gen Crx Cf And Fg Hoods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
Im not sure on the precise weights, but the CF and FG hoods should be very similar in weight. The difference between CF and FG isnt that great as far as weight is concerned.

As for CF and FG being lighter than the OEM sheetmetal hood, I can tell you it is quite a bit lighter, probably about 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of the stock hood.

I havent even owned a stock length hood frrom marcus, but i have owned 2 CF 1 piece hoods. They were both MUCH lighter than the OEM hood.

They use the OEM latch. The FG and CF hoods both have a metal latch integrated into the underside of the hood. The hoods also make use of OEM mount locations. I just unbolted the old hood, and put the new one on in its place.

katulu

• On Fire
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2008 Chevy Cobalt/2001 Chrysler Town and Country
    • Image Gallery
while the weight is about the same, cf is much stronger than fiberglass, just hitting a cone with fg parts can cause them to crack, where as cf will hold up much more

is there any special procedure to follow when drilling the cf hood for the pins (do you need to re-resin the drilled area or anything?)

this is so sweet, I've been waiting for one of these for a while now
play me loud, just don't blow me

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
of the two hoods I had, I put hood pins in one, and left the other alone.
I didnt do any special prep work. I just made sure the area was clean and well measured.
I drilled from the underside, using a pilot hold made with a smaller bit.

I also used my dremel tool to clean up the hole once I drilled it.

a3h87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: i'm gonna need these keys to 87 honda
im on it..1 piece carbon fiber hood.87 crx.
Powered By Honda

timmydogg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500s & 2010 F-150 Supercrew
I ordered mine online not knowing there was a manufacturing issue. So everyone should order a new hood so I can get mine. biggrin.gif Only a couple more weeks until is race season. mellow.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Got a bunch of emails!!!!!! I am going to a new maker on Wed.

This guy used to make racecar parts. Basically, these hood SHOULD come out nicer than ANYONE else's hoods.

More info coming soon!

Vicious

Yay!!!!!!!!1 will we also get a ballpark figure?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^ any updates?

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 21 2007, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^ any updates?

None yet, we had to reschedule the meeting for Sunday. Luckily, that's the one day I don't foresee a potential scheduling conflict.

syko_tek1

I'm interested in a stock length cf zc hood

crxeditsmall.jpg

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (syko_tek1 @ Mar 21 2007, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm interested in a stock length cf zc hood

Did you email me? If not, email me (reread 1st post).

Marcus

RFL85CRXSI

• The Martinsburg Intimidator!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic CRX Si ,'85 Honda Civic CRX DX, '02 Ford Crown Victoria Police Crusier, '94 Chevy S-10 LS1 (Haul'n AsS-10), '98 Plymouth Breeze 2.4T
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Im deffenetly getting a one peice ZC. Havent made up my mind on whether to go w/ CF of FG, just waiting on the prices (so I can figure out how many radiators and how much copper wire I need to clean for some $$$ laugh.gif )

Suck my SOHC!
Im the VTAC sauze on your Honda Burger!

timmydogg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500s & 2010 F-150 Supercrew
QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Mar 22 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im deffenetly getting a one peice ZC. Havent made up my mind on whether to go w/ CF of FG, just waiting on the prices (so I can figure out how many radiators and how much copper wire I need to clean for some $$$ laugh.gif )

hahahahahaha, man I could have helped you out a little a week ago. We just threw away about 10 miles of CAT5 network cable at work. I just finished recabling our facility. We switched to CAT6 for gigabit to the desktop. Granted it would have been alot of work, but that's alot of copper.

Anyway, back on track, any update on the hoods? wink.gif

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Went the hood guy on Sun and dropped off one of the molds. He is going to do some work on it and hopefully have me a test part in about 2 weeks!

wyclefcupcake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 honda crx si CONVERTIBLE by R. Stramman
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Mar 27 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went the hood guy on Sun and dropped off one of the molds. He is going to do some work on it and hopefully have me a test part in about 2 weeks!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111OENONEONE!!111!!!!!ELLEVENTY!!111!!!!!SIN(90)!!!1!!!!11!!
put me first in line plz ty!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434210 - thats my ride, 1985 honda crx si convertible by R. Stramman.