40 replies to this topic

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
It certainly is not from lack of pimping on my part. blush.gif

I am loving the rear spoiler and I am sure that the folks in the UK will kill themselves to get a replacement for their rusted sunroofs.

The TSX market has more disposible income than the CRX crowd. But the CRX crowd loves you more.

My offer regarding the sunroof mold still stands. Let me know what you think, the Japanese Classic Car Show is coming soon.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
I would also say you have 3 possible main sales targets here..

1. The young kid who is just starting out in life with a minumum wage job and a $500 CRX or Civic as their first car that wishes larger than their wallet is.

2. The established guys with a mortgage,kids,bills, and worst of all wife that will KICK their ass if they spend $300-400 on a CRX/Civic part at any given time.

3. The single guy with a decent job but spends all his money on BOOZ and WEED.

I am option #1.5

You make a good point here. These cars are usually bought because they are cheap, not because you already love them. I bought mine for $100, and only after having it for a year or so did I really start to realize how awesome it was. I'd love to have a Tein kit, CF hood, etc, but I simply can't afford $1200 for suspension or $300 for a hood.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You know I want to buy, but I'm still sitting on a 99 Accord that I want to sell but just can't find a buyer. I've gotten a few I'll make payments offers that I have to refuse due to past experience with that. Baby on the way and upping the insurance to cover the whole family has locked me down on spending unless I find a extra income to equally or more offset any extra purchases. sad.gif I'd almost consider trading the Accord for a Medieval-Pro damper kit or two and CF hood, but know no one would do that. I know I've expressed interest in both of those items and still am, I'm just hope some are left or can still be made with I'm able to put the money on the table again.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

SEEKERone

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX (Straman Convertable) 87 CRX Si 91 CRX
Marcus,
You do know that we love you and your products.
I personally own set of TEINS and have a one-piece CF hood(secondhand)
I have made my own version of the radiator plate and have no use for the spoiler on my Straman.
I modded an EG aluminum radiator to fit my needs a long time ago.

HOWEVER I am anxiously awaiting the camber plates. I saw the design a while ago and liked it alot.

I fully understand about the money...the slowing economy hits all of us sooner or later.
Please don't allow the frustration to overwhelm you.

You have made some great products for a shinking market of classic cars and we appreciate it even if we aren't always able to show how much.

If we could only get somebody to make quality replicas of the plastic rocker panels and the lower door claddings.

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
Put me under the "Buys Mr. D's cool parts when he can keep it under the wife's radar" category. So far that's included Tein/Medieval Pro dampers, one-piece hood, and strut bar.

Gotta bonus coming next month, so I think I can sneak in an order for a rear wing. Hate that POS foam thing.

Marcus - I can't thank you enough for what you do for the rpr community.

Doug

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (NeverEndingNinja @ Sep 16 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am option #1.5

You make a good point here. These cars are usually bought because they are cheap, not because you already love them. I bought mine for $100, and only after having it for a year or so did I really start to realize how awesome it was. I'd love to have a Tein kit, CF hood, etc, but I simply can't afford $1200 for suspension or $300 for a hood.

me too, i just cant afford the parts i want,

i cant really vouch for your products cuz i havent had the money to get one. But i know that you put quality before quantity which is what few parts makers do today. and plus if i could purchase i would it is just that i make 80 bucks a week 40 goes to gas and the rest is paying off student loans....life is rough right now, and there seems to be no end tongue.gif but on a lighter note i was hoping to get a 1piece hood and some other stuff this next summer biggrin.gif

lol... hang in there Mr.D

you really are one of a kind, and in time you will reap the rewards of your hard work biggrin.gif

keep it up, we do appreciate it even if we forget to say so biggrin.gif

Vicious

college is hella expensive that's all i'm going to say. but as you just come to realize with my payment for the teins a few days ago in the coming months my disposable income will grow since i've paid for all my classes. I'm really hoping to have a wonderful christmas. shooting for hte teins, rad, hood, and wing by the end of the year so i can guarantee you'll have some of my money in you pocket soon.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
damn Marcus!

look at how many replys you received in under 8 hours!
gata feel the love.

i say put some ads in craigs list or ebay with a link to you're web site.
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

Vicious

post the pics of the black FG spoiler on ebay and i'm sure you'll get some orders.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

1GEN_SI86

• Homina Homina HOMINA!!!! POW right in the kisser
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
w can always get a linked sig something that ties heeltoe, redpepper and ur products together, you wouldnt believe how many clicks you can get biggrin.gif and the linked clicks will be sales! i bet that! lol just an idea

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
Marcus your products are awesome in every way

You provide us with a source for the things we want and need

:edit: Dont be dis hearted by people not buying

The economy atm is terrible

I personally would be in without question for a Tien damper kit, CF hood and a fair few other things

though my problem is that i dont work atm and i have huge debts to pay

Hopefully once i start working and pay off a bit of my debts you will have a customer in me for +1 Tien kit at the very least

Edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK, 16 September 2008 - 10:31 PM.

QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

NeverEndingNinja

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic
This is another reason I don't buy right now.

Totally NOT intended to threadjack. If you want to discuss it, take it somewhere else. Just pointing it out.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/7620127.stm

SilvaFistz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 HONDA CRX
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 16 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would also say you have 3 possible main sales targets here..

1. The young kid who is just starting out in life with a minumum wage job and a $500 CRX or Civic as their first car that wishes larger than their wallet is.

2. The established guys with a mortgage,kids,bills, and worst of all wife that will KICK their ass if they spend $300-400 on a CRX/Civic part at any given time.

3. The single guy with a decent job but spends all his money on BOOZ and WEED.

i'm number 3 minus the weed lol!
but as soon as i can save some money i do plan on getting a hood so please dont stop production on them!

Sgt. Pepper

I'd love a CF hood, Teins and all the other wonderful items you provide, but I tapped out my cashflow on finishing the project. If/when I need a new header panel/hood, shocks, etc. I will be throwing cash your way, but in the meantime hang in there.

Group hug for Marcus!
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

censurebush

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 crx hf, eg8+9
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 16 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I AM CATEGORY #2..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

dead on dude. my family is just now getting our feet beneath us. not to make you feel guilty. like slavteren said, "i'd own all of your products.."