Hoods For 3g Hatch. Cf/fg

• You cannot reply to this topic
128 replies to this topic

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Curious as to the reason everything is made in batches, I assume it makes things cheaper but this sounds like something that is made from a mold similar to fiberglass. I have an article I saved from hotrod or something similar on how to make a custom fiberglass console. Once a mold is made doesn't that make it easier to repeat? Is it just getting to a point monetarily to make this feasible? I am very interested but your looking for buyers here and now. I am expressing interest but it would be close to summertime before I have funds available for something like this, I have other things on my list that I would be purchasing first, and no I don't get a tax refund. If you get a group together and the molds are produced, I could probably purchase one later.

Edited by PuddleSkipper, 30 December 2011 - 11:35 AM.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I'm casually interested
I'm in.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, its not me that would be making them, I just want some for myself. Marcus (MrDisability) already makes the hoods for the CRX and offered to make these before (3 years ago), but only once 10 hoods were paid for. I'm just attempting to ramp up the interest again so that he would consider it again. At that time there was not enough support from 3G owners to get it going so he had to refund the 2-3 that did pay. I already spoke with him and he still has the hoods to have the molds made from, just needs to pay to have them made and then to make the hoods.

But with me getting 4 and with one other already expressing interest that would be the half way point. And if it didn't happen until summer that is fine, all of my cars have good hoods. But I really want these and I'm sure there are others on this site that would want them too.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 30 2011, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm casually interested

in which material/style are you most casually interested?

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
My only reluctance is that it would put my otherwise cheap and stock looking car that I can leave the doors unlocked anywhere, in a different class.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You can paint it and it would still look stock.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I wouldn't have the heart to paint it

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
QUOTE (Lymitliss @ Dec 29 2011, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought he already made these...

They are listed on the website, came across it looking for lightweight fenders.

http://www.heeltoeau...productid=63054

"Carbon Fiber CRX Hood is shown. Civic hood is similar in construction and appearance."
But then it goes on to say:
"Fiberglass Hoods are a matte black finish."
I am assuming the 3G hoods are fiberglass
Would like for this to happen but can't say I would be totally discontent with a fiberglass hood.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That is Marcus. Until he gets 10 orders there are no hoods. I really hope this nearly upon us new year is the year the 3G Civic hoods finally get made.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (zakats @ Dec 30 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My only reluctance is that it would put my otherwise cheap and stock looking car that I can leave the doors unlocked anywhere, in a different class.

I am in the same boat, where I live and work are not the most upstanding communities, which is why I will paint mine stock and won't use hood pins cause I can't afford the extra attention. I want a ZC hood, I don't believe the bubble will draw attention with the exception of another 1G/3G fan, many other imports like mitsubishi had something similar. Cars that draw attention in my area are ones carrying either performance labels or visible/audible performance parts. If this thing runs to July and you still don't have 10 orders count me 100% in, and if there are still not ten ordered I'll wait till there are ten ordered so that this can get done. If you get ten committed orders before then I can still order mine in July.

Edited by PuddleSkipper, 01 January 2012 - 02:09 AM.

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
A bump and update... Unforseen house work took most (all really) of my spare money. Still want these, but my quantity is halved.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Screech @ Jan 22 2012, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bump and update... Unforseen house work took most (all really) of my spare money. Still want these, but my quantity is halved.

Maybe your spare money will be replaced by the time the order goes through? Might be down with buying 2 hoods, still same time frame though, one hood I will keep and the other I might try to sell locally or fanagle my friend into buying it. If your money was replaced by that time that would leave three...........

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That is possible, but only if the lawyer fixes my credit from the wreck when a collection company didn't hold the bill as pending settlement so that I can refinance the house at 3.xx % The money saved there would most likely put me back to 4 hoods.

I don't get big tax returns like many people so I'm not counting on that. I attempt to keep it so that I get no more that 200-300 dollars, best I did so far was getting $200 back from federal and owning $100 to state. My logic is its my money from the get go, so why let the government earn interest on it through the year when I could earn it or just use the money.

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
I'll be interested...you can put me down for a zc cf hood...

The more part the better I say..

So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Carbon fiber or Fiber Glass?