monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 20 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still looking...

finding a wagon in my area to pull parts from has been a pain, but i have a lead on one in a pick and pull about an hour away.
i'm probably going out there tomorrow, if i can find the wagon ill pull them for you, it'll be nice to practice removal before i try reindexing mine.

just pm me what you are willing to spend on the tubes

fat_85_civic

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 Civic 1500S - ZC converted
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
There is one in a yard near me. Next time i go down i see if i can grab them for you.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I might have a set- I know I have at least one tube because I couldn't get the torsion bar off of it X years ago when I bought a 2wd wago front subframe. I will have to check the storage (parents house).

Won't CRX tubes be the same?
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ May 24 2011, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might have a set- I know I have at least one tube because I couldn't get the torsion bar off of it X years ago when I bought a 2wd wago front subframe. I will have to check the storage (parents house).

Won't CRX tubes be the same?

The civic wagon torsion bars are shorter than the civic hatchback and crx torsion bars. The 4wd wagon has shorter torsion bars than the 2wd wagon.

Airgazm are you positive you need wagon tubes for your mugen torsion bars? I just dont see honda or mugen going out of their way to get a strange part for a performance part. Are you sure that you might not need crx or hatch tubes?

And if you do need wagon tubes are you positive you need 2wd instead of 4wd?
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (BigOrange @ May 24 2011, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The civic wagon torsion bars are shorter than the civic hatchback and crx torsion bars. The 4wd wagon has shorter torsion bars than the 2wd wagon.

Airgazm are you positive you need wagon tubes for your mugen torsion bars? I just dont see honda or mugen going out of their way to get a strange part for a performance part. Are you sure that you might not need crx or hatch tubes?

And if you do need wagon tubes are you positive you need 2wd instead of 4wd?

From what other members have told me from measuring cars in the junkyards, the 2WD Wago tubes are the length I need. A member on here told me he had the same problem with his Mugen bars on a 3G and ended up using 2WD Wago tubes to make them fit.

Whatever they may come from, I need tubes that are about 12" in length. My '86 OEM 3G tubes are about 14" in length and are too long for my Mugen bars.

My Mugen bars are NIB and have the part numbers written on them. They correspond to the bars in the Mugen catalog scans, none of which show any differences in length in the ads.

DSMTimeline.jpg