My Turbo Build Has Begun!

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

crxtwinturbo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Cherokee
por lo q veo tu motor es inyeccion,tienes puesto un 6BTM?,si es asi muy bien¡¡¡¡ no veo ningun regulador variable de fuel, y como vas a emular el map sensor,q trabaja con depresion no con presion?? el turbo q colocaste con ar 48 esta muy bien¡¡¡ pero ese turbo es t2 en el escape y t25 en la admision de un nissan 180 sx es decir de un engine CA18 DE UN EJE DE LEVA te va funcionar bien ......pero el tema de la bencina es clave¡¡¡¡¡ si no tu proyecto sera un desastre¡¡¡¡¡¡ attt alejandro castillo chile

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Crxtwinturbo, I wish I could get someone to translate. Sorry for no response.
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

BigOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
New Pics!

I have finished under the hood pretty much the last thing I did was make the intake for my turbo. I tried starting the car but I ran into technical difficulties and set my msd box to 4 cylinder after scratching my head. Then this happened....

My msd coil exploded while knocking back my injectors. I had the car set to acc. and fiddling with my fuel and all of a sudden My coil exploded under the hood. I found out that I hooked up my msd wrong but Wow I am feeling lucky about not messing up my msd box.

Hoping to get the car running and driving very soon I just picked up a 5-speed tranny this weekend so I am going to put that in before I start driving the car.

Brian
I suck

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
wow, looking so good dude. im really looking forward to seeing this thing in september... or sooner. great work and it will all pay off soon.

just think, we will have the 2 most unique wagons in existance at Sgt. Peppers meet on September 20th. thats gonna kick ass. 3 B series cars at lil buddies meet and the 2 most unique wagons at Sgt Peppers meet..... the rest of the world needs to catch up biggrin.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

kablammyman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Integra
    Garage View Garage
looks really clean, is this some kind of rare HKS kit?
87 turbo integra, self tuned on TE

BigOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just the manifold and the downpipe are part of a rare HKS kit. Everything else that I have, I have made or peiced to work on my car.
I suck

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
Wow, lookin' good...your pics are giving me some re-inspiration. I also have an HKS setup and I'm glad to see that another T25 can be mated up to the manifold. I also have various piece parts but not the whole overall kit. I hope you don't mind if I ping on you from time to time with questions.

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

AggressiveST

I was under the impression you couldn't use a BTM with vacuum advance timing...
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Looking GREAT! Once you get that running I think you will find a lot better drivability with a OBD conversion and Hondata. Worked wonders for my setup.

BigOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes hit me up if you guys need to and Mr.D I am hoping to go obd1 in a while or so. I was wondering if you could give me some info about how you went about doing your conversion. I was thinking about using a 88-89 teg harness, but I have heard of converting the the stock (ew) harness.

The Btm def. works with vacuum advance, It doesnt control the distributer per say, but controls the spark and how fast or slow the spark hits the Dizzy.

Brian
I suck

AggressiveST

QUOTE (BigOrange @ Jul 26 2008, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Btm def. works with vacuum advance, It doesnt control the distributer per say, but controls the spark and how fast or slow the spark hits the Dizzy.

Brian

I don't get it. I thought the spark timing was determined by the turning of the rotor, which is driven by the cam. What am I missing?

Nice build btw, awesome looking setup.
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

BigOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well I think the amount that it retards timing is so fast that it still hits the cap and rotor.

The dizzy timing and cam timing do not change. Its all in the coil and msd box.

Plus its msd.... I mean how many redneck cardy loving hillbillys are using a msd btm? Alot! Older carby v8s dont have electric advance oir anything like that..... They are lucky probably if they have Vacuum advance.

The Btm doesnt work very well on the electric advance vehicles. When the ecu is telling it to advance it does and then the spark it delayed and it all kinds of craziness. There are many others on here that are using a Btm on a vacuum advance car.

Wilq, I believe hybrid 85 crx use to use a btm and some others.

Works well enough for our old technoligy. But obd1 would be a better route as mentioned by Mr.D.
I suck

87crexsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si TURBO, 91 infiniti g20, 97 cbr 970rr
    Garage View Garage
i'm runnin the msd sci ignition box and msd btm on my 87si.
Its a 1987 Honda CRX Si-T
T for TURBO
word.

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Niiiccceee! Keep up the great work Brian!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BigOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Been a while I am going to ba making a update here soon. It turns out my msd box is fried, so I am now traveling a different path for tuning. I am planning to get the msd box rebuilt and I will then be putting it up forsale with my smc-500 fuel controller.

I shoould have some new pics of the new goods soon.

I am only waiting on 1 part at the moment, hopefully I wont catch to many snags.

Brian
I suck