K20 Swap Into The 1g

• You cannot reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Right, there are no more B's in production.
The Integra is gone.
The B powered Civic Si is gone.
The CRV's now have K motors.

Get 'em while there hot. Fortunately there are millions to be had at junkyards across the country.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
There are thousands of Integras on the road. If you can wait a few years, the junkyards will chocked full of B18s.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (-TJ @ Jun 25 2004, 01:00 PM)
Right, there are no more B's in production.
The Integra is gone.
The B powered Civic Si is gone.
The CRV's now have K motors.

Get 'em while there hot.  Fortunately there are millions to be had at junkyards across the country.

Actually, the Integra is not gone. The JDM RSX is an Integra. So it's really only gone in the USA.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I like the K series, I have one in my '03 Accord. The design of the ports is the best of any Honda engine and that is saying a lot.

But the damn engine leans forward (to increase cabin space) and puts the majority of its weight in front of the front axle. While this may be good for drag racers, it is a disaster for road racers.

And technically there is a source for newly built B series engines. DART is selling a beefed up B series block, another couple of compaines are selling B series heads and at least one company is selling "crate" B series engines.

Scott

Edited by cbstdscott, 25 June 2004 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

dmotoguy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx, 98 jeep grand cheroke 5.9
sorry to break your guys' hearts.. but hasport has plans to make a kit for the k-series into the first gen crx.. its way easier than 2nd gen crx... it fits nicely.. i'll have pics of mine in a few weeks hopefully smile.gif smile.gif

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
You do realize the motors most of the guys with b16s in 3rd and 4th gen chassis with cable trannies came out of cars that are 10 years old correct?

Everyone of those cable trannied b16s are over 10 years old... if they havent run out of them yet, then I doubt there will be a shortage.

Along with the fact that there were a ass load of integras sold int he US and accross the word. I dont see a shortage anytime soon.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (dmotoguy @ Jun 25 2004, 09:11 PM)
sorry to break your guys' hearts.. but hasport has plans to make a kit for the k-series into the first gen crx.. its way easier than 2nd gen crx... it fits nicely.. i'll have pics of mine in a few weeks hopefully smile.gif smile.gif

Break our hearts? That would be fantastic news! K series all the way!

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (dmotoguy @ Jun 25 2004, 06:11 PM)

Hmmmmmmm... Now maybe I will just buy a CRX to do the swap.... ph34r.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

dmotoguy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yea, this would be an amazing setup for a street/autocross/rr/drag car haha. its probably gonna be a while until they release the kit. im gonna have custom solid mounts.

nivek2002

QUOTE (dmotoguy @ Jun 25 2004, 09:20 PM)
yea, this would be an amazing setup for a street/autocross/rr/drag car haha.  its probably gonna be a while until they release the kit.  im gonna have custom solid mounts.

If and when they do release these mounts I WILL go get a loan just to swap this motor. ohmy.gif

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
dmotoguy: whats goin on with your car?

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
FYI.....I used to pay $600 for a b-series engine trans and ecu...about two years ago...now they stopped making them, adnd I pay 1250...and this is my price for a cable trans b16......if you think they're going to get cheaper......I WILL laugh at you......if the K-series will fit......and all due respect to the first person to accomplish this...IT WILL BE CHEAPER....THE K24 out of the accord is selling right now fro about $1000, with a five speed....PLEASE anyone that can make a 2.4 litre vtec engine fit into a first gen..and run properly....FRIGIN DO IT!!!...it will save me a lot of work:)

P.S.......Anyone can make mounts...but this new i-vtec stuff requires thought....still...wires are wires....Please someone do this...I'd really love to see it happen and currently my dual b16auto 1g project is taking most of my time...also btw...the dual engine project has a budget of 2 g's....if it can't be done for under two g's...I will admit to defeat and let you know how much more it cost...but it will be done...look for the end of summer smile.gif....also any1 that can accomplish this b4 me....congrats.......I'm drunk...and well...I love kewl shit
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

5150CRX

• some people tell me that I need help......
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx,94 teg,75 bmw 2002, 91 crx si(sorta)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
P. FUKING S......the integra is still in production...........they call it the rsx..becauyse sum guyu won a raffle at honda/acura USA
Aidan
5150 Autosports
15110 E. Nelson #C
Industry, Ca 91744
(626) 806-5150

www.socalracer.com

NAPROEAT

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm a huge K20a fan. This is my dyno on a stock K20a (JDM DC5 ITR) in a EK chassis, custom header, stock ecu, 91 octane, and a full exhuast UNTUNED. Can't wait to get it tuned.

Heres the car:

Edited by NAPROEAT, 26 June 2004 - 07:06 AM.

dmotoguy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (UltimX @ Jun 26 2004, 01:16 AM)

Im waiting for the custom rings sad.gif the rest of the motor is done.. haha. lots has been done since i last posted pics smile.gif smile.gif

the k20's will fit with small hood clearance problems.. the k24 has a taller deck = bigger hood problems.. but other than that the motors fit. i-vtec is no problem, you just need to make a new harness and run hondata k-pro or a chipped stock ecu to get rid of the immobilizer