Irs Sucks!

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
Yeah, life must suck for you. You don't get a $1000 per kid deduction. You just have disposable income. Life isn't fair. You make your choices you deal with the consequences. I also wouldn't suggest you get married or have kids because you think it will buy you something.

When it comes to flat tax, I think of Chris Rock's standup about divorce talking about OJ. If you've got a million, and she wants half, you still got 500 thousand. You a'int gonna' starve. But if you're making 15 thousand and she wants half... Same with taxes. I would love to have the problem of being in the 35% bracket, because it would mean my income is on the level of about $150k/year or more. Significantly more than I make now.

As for complaining, complain about the recent (5 years ago) tax cuts. They upped the child credit to a grand to make Mr. and Mrs. Jon Q. Mustard Stain think they were getting something. They also got rid of the 38% tax bracket, so their uber rich contributors got a real break. Under the current rules with alternative minimum tax (AMT), that extra child tax credit will push an average working family into the AMT range. They will get hit with more taxes unless congress acts soon to keep the AMT minimum income increase from sunsetting.

AMightyWind

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 07 Audi A4 Quattro, 97 BMW 318ti, 1988 Ford Mustang GT
Thank G-d they got rid of that 38% tax bracket. Now the wealthy have an extra 3% of their income to dump into the economy and create more jobs for the rest of us. Losing half of anything sucks, regardless of personal net worth. It still creates a lifestyle change.
Regardless, I choose to keep both of my halfs. smile.gif
Oh a Mighty Wind's a blowin’...

old_blue

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 94' plymouth acclaim(DD) /// 02' Nissan Sentra SpecV///94'honda civic lx
I'm kinda lucky, I write off my education for college. Other than that. I used to hate being self employed.

incubusfan21

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si
Take a good look over everything. I prepair taxes as a part time gig. So if I can be a help let me know.
So are you single of married?
Have any kids?
Go to school?
Do any work related driving?
Pay any state taxes this year for '04? if not you can deduct sales tax. Own a home?
Got an IRA? Traditional or Roth?
Did you support any one for the year and provide over half their support? That makes you head of house hold if your not married.
Dem
Boyz
Racing

Ride Syndicate !

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
you would be pissed if i told u that i dont pay taxes while im in Iraq...but then again i did get shot @ last week...so i dont know if thats a good trade off
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

pmpicci

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '82 Toyota Cressida: Fond Memories, '85 Civic 1300 w/ '88 Integra Mechanicals
That's not a good tradeoff. I don't think anyone begrudges you your tax-exempt combat pay man.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
and its not like im making a whole lot out here anyway...in reality im loosing money...i could be making more money as a civilian/reservist
1GRPhotography
MySpace

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 17 2006, 06:14 PM)
and its not like im making a whole lot out here anyway...in reality im loosing money...i could be making more money as a civilian/reservist

And uncle sam cares, He really does. So anytime you want to leave, I am sure he would be more than willing to make all your dreams come true.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
oh i go back to being a reservist when i get back home...
1GRPhotography
MySpace

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 17 2006, 08:10 PM)
oh i go back to being a reservist when i get back home...

Well, for the time being, Would you mind, getting back to work then?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i am working...
1GRPhotography
MySpace

Zig

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: '86 CRX DX / '94 Integra/93 del sol
tongue.gif and all this time i thought i was going to read about IndependentRearSuspensions... it is that time of year when unle jam wants his take...deduct away till the cows come home and then pay him off and forget it you can't fight the biggest gang out there...can you??? any ways good luck on it.(donate an old parts car for the deduct?)
firstgear,secondgear,
heymanithinkwe'reparked...

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Jan 17 2006, 04:03 PM)
you would be pissed if i told u that i dont pay taxes while im in Iraq...but then again i did get shot @ last week...so i dont know if thats a good trade off

yes, but we're paying you to be a postwhore, isn't that awesome?
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
very awesome indeed...but i work mad hrs tho

Edited by 1stGenRex, 17 January 2006 - 09:20 PM.

1GRPhotography
MySpace