Honda Fit

• You cannot reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I own page 2!

People, just pray this chassis makes its way to north america. It's our best hope of ever having a CRX again. I've heard rumors a CRX-like car could be made from its chassis. Doubt it will happen but it could...

Edited by CRXfanatic, 10 March 2004 - 06:37 PM.

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

dantheman

• i miss speed :(
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX, 86 Olds Cut Supreme
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Rampage @ Mar 10 2004, 04:54 PM)
I can't get past this new 'taller' design school.  I just don't like cars that are taller than they are wide, it rubs me the wrong way, and really screams 'sub-compact'  Such as the fit, echo, prius, etc.

IMO cars should all be wider than they are tall, not just for looks, but for safety (roll) purposes.  Thought the Civic and CRX are both sub-compacts, they don't scream out as such, mainly because their body style is wide before tall. 

My $0.02

Cheers,
Mark

i am in complete agreement. i hate the new cars that are tall RSX, new Si (fit looks like a 4door version sorta), hell most every car like the scions. its frustrating. 80's had great cars that are mean looking, 90's had great body lines and muscluar looks. the 2000's are just kinda bleh. o well the world market is starting to show and that means we might start getting cosworth focus's. AWD, 2.0 turbo, hatchback = yum.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
whats up with all these new stupid looking cars from honda.. almost as bad as teh element.. and that toyota scion crap thing lol
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

nivek2002

QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Apr 16 2004, 12:39 AM)
whats up with all these new stupid looking cars from honda.. almost as bad as teh element..  and that toyota scion crap thing lol

I agree they arnt great looking cars at first, some of them are growing on me. BUT you cannot deny their utility, the Element has tons of space, washable interior, and still a Honda. The Scion is actually a nice car to just tool around town in. Plus you can always upgrade any car biggrin.gif

DarkHand

QUOTE (nivek2002 @ Apr 16 2004, 10:32 AM)
the Element has tons of space

And yet it only seats 4. tongue.gif My parents actually passed up the Element because of all its seemingly 'wasted' space.
DarkHand

nivek2002

QUOTE (DarkHand @ Apr 16 2004, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (nivek2002 @ Apr 16 2004, 10:32 AM)
the Element has tons of space

And yet it only seats 4. tongue.gif My parents actually passed up the Element because of all its seemingly 'wasted' space.

LOL well they obviously wanted a sedan of some sort, like an Accord. If thats your definition of wasted space wouldnt all SUV's and Trucks have tons of wasted space tongue.gif

halogen

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: Saab 9-3
It's official. A Honda model based on the Japan-made Fit will reach the States by Spring 2006:

2006 Honda Fit in the USA

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Blah. Even the Mugen Dynomite Fit doesn't tickle me too well. Looks interesting, much better than the stocker, but still is too tall for my liking. Mini-minivan.

As for a CRX from that thing? Get the crap outta here! Would you really want something that looks a weeble like this?

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I dont know why, but I love it. never heard of an L series engine I say they ought to slap a hybrid EV1 in it biggrin.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
OVNI_CIVIC is most definatly waiting to own a dd fit....w/ k swap biggrin.gif

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (OVNi_CIVIC @ Jul 22 2005, 12:25 AM)
OVNI_CIVIC is most definatly waiting to own a dd fit....w/ k swap biggrin.gif

i think the K is stock in the higher model or is that only the mugens... blink.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

specialTEG

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: integra 88 ls-se
ohmy.gif that mugen fit dynamite has a K-series motor ohmy.gif

humuna muna biggrin.gif

Edited by specialTEG, 22 July 2005 - 01:23 AM.

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
Want to take a virtual test drive? I remember there being a Race-prepped Fit on Gran Turismo 4 (possibly a stock one as well, but I'll check next time)

I liked the movie and I agree on two fronts: Yes the design trend lately is too tall for my taste but I would also drive that tall beast without abandon, esp. w/ the K-swap. My dream is for smaller, more compact cars to take over the Hummer/Escalade/Excursion/stupid shit that clogs the roadways and my patience. Mak

Edited by MakDiesel, 22 July 2005 - 01:27 AM.

QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
Saw a video about the fit with Ichishima-San from Spoon. He was talkign about its unique body design adn how rigid it is. He pointed out a lot of key feature that really made the car seem like a good platform. Center mounted gas tank, they use 3 different types of steel for teh body construction and he mentioned the top design. Seems like a nice little car to me, i woudltn mind having one.

Julian

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
I love it! and it look like it actualy could come as a van here in denmark so i can afford it too... sweet...
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.