• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (1gencrx @ Mar 29 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Three speed fan versus four. I wouldn't have even thought they were compatible, but I don't know for sure....

The wiring plugs for the fan are different, so I swapped the 4-speed fan switch back. Although it looks like a 3-speed fan, it has a 4-speed (when it feels like working).

I am pretty sure the red hood came from this '84 1.5
http://webpages.char...icks84CRX15.jpg

I haven't seen very many red '85 Sis, but I believe there were more of them produced than there were black '85s.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

84b18

• I drive a quadracycle
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 crx b18, 85 crx si, 85 straman convertab, 04 AP2 S2000, 06 Element
i have a red 85 si.
i see mostly 85 parts and only a couple post 85.
i think it is becus the car was early 86 during the transition maby?

was it ever wrecked/body work none? and is it the 8 gallon 84-85 tank?
it might be cursed but i like the weirdness,lol
Oh, you don't know if it's legal?
you're in california of coarse it's ILLEGAL!!!!!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
4N2NR, when it says 2BBL that really is what the throttle body is. its a 2 barrel. Your car shows up as an 86 because of when it was produced. I will get with Gimpalot and we can take some definative pictures of whats an 85 vs whats an 86.

But at the same time, what were we trying to figure out again? Oh, yeah, you have an 86 with a recessed headlamp conversion. Ok.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
Anybody have Carfax? 12 records. on this cars vin.

Jeff

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si, 1990 CRX Si, 2013 Cadillac SRX, 2003 Hummer H2
    Garage View Garage
Actually I wasn't trying to figure anything out. Keith has kept me well informed of its history. I have no gripes or regrets buying it. I was all excited about having a 1st gen again that is easily fixed to be legal on the road and was letting y'all know I have an '86 with an '85 look. Then I responded to the comments and kept ya updated on my progress getting it legal in PA. I could care less if it has '84 through '87 parts as long as the fitment is good, it runs, passes inspection and emissions, and all. Tonight I got the front rotors and pads on. I had a "B" pillar bar for a 2nd gen that fit it so I bolted it on too while I wait for the rear wheel cylinders and valve cover gasket to come in. Not sure if I like the pillar bar or not. I'll leave it on for now. I still have to get the rest of the distributor hold down screw out. Right now it is being held on with 1 screw but is running. I will give it a good dose of penetrating oil and then try a drill bit or easy out. Yeah the CarFax I know of 10 of the entries. I suspect the last two are from me registering it.
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
For those who like '85 Si "conversions", my daughter's black '86 Si is also available. In many ways, it is a more thorough conversion than this '86 Si (which was my son's). Many of you have seen it at CRX meets, from NC to NY.

I am asking $1000, due to several rare parts.

Photos are here
http://webpages.char...photos/ForSale/

The hood and sunroof panel have been swapped to the car 4N2NR now has.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 30 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who like '85 Si "conversions", my daughter's black '86 Si is also available. In many ways, it is a more thorough conversion than this '86 Si (which was my son's). Many of you have seen it at CRX meets, from NC to NY.

I am asking $1000, due to several rare parts.

Photos are here
http://webpages.char...photos/ForSale/

The hood and sunroof panel have been swapped to the car 4N2NR now has.

Keith

It's a nice car too. I drove it. Was kind of a tough decision which of the two to choose from. Somebody needs to scoop this one up!
Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

4N2NR

• Fossil of the forum
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Well... I took 'er for reinspection today. It cost me a whoppin 212 (thats two dollars and twelve cents). It passed, they gave me a free reinspection and I had to pay two bucks plus tax for the sticker. I am a happy camper now.

SEX - StreetEXtremes

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
wow... that's rediculous for an inspection!!!!
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(