Bush Vs. Kerry....debate Round 3

• You cannot reply to this topic
85 replies to this topic

JDN14

Not the case today? Are you sure about that?

well.....more Americans can read and write. How many more keep up to date and informed on the presidential race? I'm willing to bet there is a larger percentage than when the electoral college was created. People also have a better grip on how a candidates plans will affect them (or at least i HOPE so).
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
I'm going to vote for Kerry because the spending of the Bush administration is just too out of hand. The Republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative. They are not supposed to spend a lot in government. But Bush spent way too much, and on top of that he cuts taxes. This will cause bad inflation, and he's increased the size of government, which is not what Republicans are supposed to do.

I hope no one "wastes" their vote on a third party candidate this year. The election is simply too close. Vote one of the two guys that best represents your views, and we'll all be better off.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

DarkHand

QUOTE (JDN169 @ Oct 14 2004, 11:33 AM)
well.....more Americans can read and write.  How many more keep up to date and informed on the presidential race?  I'm willing to bet there is a larger percentage than when the electoral college was created.

Actually I guess you're right about that...

People also have a better grip on how a candidates plans will affect them (or at least i HOPE so).

That's basically what I was getting at. I think most people have absolutely no idea or have a completely skewed idea of how a candidate will affect them. Many people voting for Bush have absolutely no idea about the fact that the justices he would appoint could drastically change current law and court precedent, for example.

Edited by DarkHand, 14 October 2004 - 12:39 PM.

DarkHand

84bluerex

• I need more peppers!!!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2003 srt-4
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (down4ce @ Oct 14 2004, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (84bluerex @ Oct 14 2004, 11:03 AM)
I think Kerry is just full of emty promises in which he uses just to get into office. I think we need a predsident with balls who isnt afraid to bomb innocent people in order to retaliate with out enemys. Bush defenatly has my vote.

Lame.....

Might be lame but it sure as hell is true.
user posted image
DOWN WITH POSTWHORES!!!!!

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (84bluerex @ Oct 14 2004, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (down4ce @ Oct 14 2004, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (84bluerex @ Oct 14 2004, 11:03 AM)
I think Kerry is just full of emty promises in which he uses just to get into office. I think we need a predsident with balls who isnt afraid to bomb innocent people in order to retaliate with out enemys. Bush defenatly has my vote.

Lame.....

Might be lame but it sure as hell is true.

What makes you think that Kerry won't bomb the terrorists? He said it over and over in all three debates that he WILL kill the terrorists. That doesn't sound like he's just going to let them terrorize people to me. And what's best about Kerry is he'll kill them with intelligent tactics.

JDN14

That's basically what I was getting at. I think most people have absolutely no idea or have a completely skewed idea of how a candidate will affect them. Many people voting for Bush have absolutely no idea about the fact that the justices he would appoint could drastically change current law and court precedent, for example.

i know what you're saying...the people who are voting Kerry ("because he isn't Bush") or voting Bush ("just to vote Republican"). But are they the majority?
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (84bluerex @ Oct 14 2004, 09:03 AM)

What, like these promises that Bush made in the Oct. 17, 2000 debate?
1. To expand medicare coverage, especially for the elderly.
2. To reform/strengthen social security.
3. To strengthen international coalitions to deal with peace in the middle east
4. To strive for peace with other nations and not have the US policing the rest of the world
5. To 'do something' about the trade deficit which, in 2000, was pretty damn high.
6. To give tax cuts to the wealthy and tax relief to the poor (somehow?)
7. To make the handing out of government contracts more equitable and fair so every business get's a shot.
I think we've had enough empty promises aready, especially considering Bush is running on a very similar platform to what he said (and failed to do) the first time rolleyes.gif.
I think we need a predsident with balls who isnt afraid to bomb innocent people in order to retaliate with out enemys. Bush defenatly has my vote.
So, invading Iraq on the basis that they invaved Kuwait a decade and a half ago (according to Ralph Reed's statements on the Daily Show recently, after the WMD and "liberating the Iraqi people" excuses fell through), and ignoring the actual war on terror, Al Quaida, the Taliban, and Afghanistan, is a good thing? I never realized the best way to prevent individuals from disliking America was to invade their country and kill their family members blink.gif.

I was at the Kerry debate-viewing event/rally last night (I'm a student at ASU). He's still not perfect, but he's definitely the right choice in this election smile.gif.

DarkHand

QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Oct 14 2004, 11:38 AM)
I hope no one "wastes" their vote on a third party candidate this year.  The election is simply too close.  Vote one of the two guys that best represents your views, and we'll all be better off.

Sad but true. We've got to vote for the lesser evil.

With instant runoff voting, you don't have that problem. It's like picking an ice cream. Pick what flavor you like the best. If they don't have the flavor what would you want next? If they don't have THAT flavor, what else do you want? That's the way it works. smile.gif

I'm not saying instant runoff is the best, there are a number of alternative voting systems that would eliminate the lesser-evil problem. We've got to try one.
DarkHand

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
bush has failed at everything in his admin and he had a republcan con trolled senate... talk about lame .....

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Also, what bothers me about the Republicans and conservatives also is they're telling us all how to live. They want a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage. I don't really give a rip about the gays, but people should be able to live their lives however they want, and it's not governments job to tell people how to live. I don't think Kerry is going to go around and say what kind of lifestyle is best eventhough he believes it should be one way (he opposes gay marriage).

Edited by Omega Mugen, 14 October 2004 - 12:54 PM.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Oct 14 2004, 09:19 AM)
People's Republic of China's rising military capability and threats to her neighbors

Neither candidate is addressing the issue of trade with China. We buy way too much stuff, cheap stuff I might add that is just a cheap substitute for american goods, from them and it's going to get us in the butt in the end. They're already consuming too much oil, and it's only going to get worse. So what save us a nickle and dime today is going to cost us $5s and $20s down the road. I am not even going to get into the military, human rights, and lack of democracy issues now. But those are also things we have to worry about.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i like kerry's stance on gay marriage .

he first states you cannot legislate morality. he is against banning gay marriage andacknowledge that gay people should have the same rights and benifits as maried couples do , the civil union idea....
but people are reacting with bible in one hand and hypocracy in the other. homo sexuality is wrong waaawaaa waaa we she take away people rights cause they are sinners booohooohooo no one is asking the church if its okay to give gay a religous recognized marriage gay people want death benefits, power of attorney, healthcare coverage, monkey knife fights Social security benefits title transfer for property of the diseased

Edited by Ghost-One, 14 October 2004 - 01:28 PM.

DarkHand

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Oct 14 2004, 12:23 PM)
gay people want death benefits, power of attorney, healthcare coverage, monkey knife fights

ALL people want monkey knife fights.
DarkHand

eastsidemav

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX w/ 87 D16A1
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Oct 14 2004, 12:38 PM)
I'm going to vote for Kerry because the spending of the Bush administration is just too out of hand.  The Republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative.  They are not supposed to spend a lot in government.  But Bush spent way too much, and on top of that he cuts taxes.  This will cause bad inflation, and he's increased the size of government, which is not what Republicans are supposed to do.

I hope no one "wastes" their vote on a third party candidate this year.  The election is simply too close.  Vote one of the two guys that best represents your views, and we'll all be better off.

Its not a matter of Bush spending too much. Its a matter of having one party controlling both Congress and the presidency. Bills can be almost passed at will, and the price racks up fast. When one party controls congress, and another controls the presidency, there tend to be a bit more fiscal responsibility, not because everyone's trying to cut spending, but because everyone's fighting, so less gets done.

I'm still voting Libertarian, since the only way to truly throw away your vote is to not vote, and hoping we get Bush in the White House and the Democrats in control of at least the Senate, and maybe the House of Representatives.

And before anyone continues complaining about Bush taking away rights, remember, both parties want to take away your rights, the difference is in which ones they want to take, which is why I can't support either one...
1987 CRX HF with a Quad4 - blown headgasket
1928 Chevy Sedan - In progess!

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (eastsidemav @ Oct 14 2004, 01:39 PM)
Its not a matter of Bush spending too much.

Dude, no way. Government spending is at an all-time high with record budget defecits every year so far. All the homeland security spending and the war in Iraq are huge money-suckers. Bush is responsible for this. He presented the budget to congress, and they passed it. He is spending more than Reagan did figthing the Soviet Union, and we're talking about little puny Iraq and Afganistan. Yes, we have to fight terror, but why is all the money going into Haliburton's pockets?

Edited by Omega Mugen, 14 October 2004 - 02:04 PM.