• You cannot reply to this topic
245 replies to this topic

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
QUOTE (zakats @ Sep 15 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
d00d wheres your torque?! haha I say just build it to have ~11:1 compression and have fun putting down a good, clean 200~220hp and running deep in the 13's. 87sivtec has an 87 crx si with only a few lbs removed, tune, I/H/E, b16a2 and is running a hair under 13 seconds which has been dyno'd at 197 whp- he claims that the dyno has to be very inaccurate or is just very flattering doe to it being a mustang dyno or something

yeah i know, ive seen b16a rebuild make 150whp and 135wtq. But yeah gotta realize my motor is B16a and hasnt been opened up for almost decade so it has some wear and tear it only has light weight flywheel, new clutch, rear main and fron main seals, new oil pan seal, valve stem seals and valve cover seal. and thats bout it trust me i wasnt all so happy but jus glad it made someting. its still pullls but that is my other reason why i have a b18c block to work on also. i was thinkin

b18c block
p30 pistons
new acl bearings
balanced crank
p73 head if i can find one OR b16 head the one i have right now WITH mild port and polisht wit maybe some new valves
if i dont get a complete p73 head then ill have type r valve springs and camshafts
adjestables cam gears
on my b16 tranny wit LS 5 Gear

on p28 wit tune

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
That would be nice, good daily driveablity. Touch up the IM too and myabe a TB. (haha sry I can't keep anything stock)

P.S. thanks for the pic on MY build thread, just gotta show off your ease of installation huh dry.gif laugh.gif
I'm going get Hasports as soon as I get the money, that has been moved to the top of the list of things to do...hydro trans kit, w/GSR trans w/LSD
Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazy87rexsi @ Sep 15 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be nice, good daily driveablity. Touch up the IM too and myabe a TB. (haha sry I can't keep anything stock)

P.S. thanks for the pic on MY build thread, just gotta show off your ease of installation huh dry.gif laugh.gif
I'm going get Hasports as soon as I get the money, that has been moved to the top of the list of things to do...hydro trans kit, w/GSR trans w/LSD

ill think bout that .....and no prob on the pic lol yeah hasports makes things easier

crazy87rexsi

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
Do some searching you might be able to find a IM and TB for cheap like I did. I got my SK2 IM and Blox TB from jhpusa.com for like 400 total(retail I would have payed over 600). I have seen package deals from jhpusa on ebay for less than 400. But this was almost a year ago when I was looking for an IM soo.

Good luck with it, either way you chose it will be nice.
Josh

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazy87rexsi @ Sep 16 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do some searching you might be able to find a IM and TB for cheap like I did. I got my SK2 IM and Blox TB from jhpusa.com for like 400 total(retail I would have payed over 600). I have seen package deals from jhpusa on ebay for less than 400. But this was almost a year ago when I was looking for an IM soo.

Good luck with it, either way you chose it will be nice.

im not all that worried bout IM or TB because i notice thats one of the first things that many put on. Im more into the motor it self meanin the LONG BLOCK.... like what else i can do some tricks of the trade that one wouldnt mind sharing?

crazy87rexsi

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Sep 17 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im not all that worried bout IM or TB because i notice thats one of the first things that many put on. Im more into the motor it self meanin the LONG BLOCK.... like what else i can do some tricks of the trade that one wouldnt mind sharing?

The best way way to make horsepower on an N/A setup is headwork and compression and a good set of cams that are setup for what your looking for. You can always get a lightweight crank/lighter rotating assembaly. Like my setup is: CTR pistons(polished the dome and are much light than the P30's that were in it), stock rods w/ARP rod bolts, ACL bearings, CTR crank pulley and Fidanza flywheel w/ Exeddy Stg1. The head: SK2 Pro 1 cams, pro series springs, retainers, high compression valves and cam gears, port matched w/mild PnP, mulit-angle valve job, SK2 IM(port matched), Blox 76mm TB, RC 310cc, SK2 fuel rail and some cheapish 4-1 header w/2.5 collector. I have know idea how much it will be making but from what ive heard 200whp at the least. I kinda went all out but you don't have to to make good power. I think what you have listed at the top should give you really good numbers ecspecialy with headwork, but with the P30's your probaly going be looking at stock B16 compression(but idk), if anything some CTR's or ITR pistons.
Josh

Pics of Build

Build Thread

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crazy87rexsi @ Sep 17 2009, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best way way to make horsepower on an N/A setup is headwork and compression and a good set of cams that are setup for what your looking for. You can always get a lightweight crank/lighter rotating assembaly. Like my setup is: CTR pistons(polished the dome and are much light than the P30's that were in it), stock rods w/ARP rod bolts, ACL bearings, CTR crank pulley and Fidanza flywheel w/ Exeddy Stg1. The head: SK2 Pro 1 cams, pro series springs, retainers, high compression valves and cam gears, port matched w/mild PnP, mulit-angle valve job, SK2 IM(port matched), Blox 76mm TB, RC 310cc, SK2 fuel rail and some cheapish 4-1 header w/2.5 collector. I have know idea how much it will be making but from what ive heard 200whp at the least. I kinda went all out but you don't have to to make good power. I think what you have listed at the top should give you really good numbers ecspecialy with headwork, but with the P30's your probaly going be looking at stock B16 compression(but idk), if anything some CTR's or ITR pistons.

yeah head work for sure, and pistons i might for forged ones wit same compression ratio as p73 but for right now im on a hunt for a head

C8V6C

You are using my ITR Intake mani still aren't you? There should be no reason to change it until the higher HP areas since its very efficient.

TB would be nice, I recommend 65-70mm if you port the intake mani to fit. I am still running a 68mm since I got a good deal on it years ago

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Sep 20 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are using my ITR Intake mani still aren't you? There should be no reason to change it until the higher HP areas since its very efficient.

TB would be nice, I recommend 65-70mm if you port the intake mani to fit. I am still running a 68mm since I got a good deal on it years ago

yup i current am running the ITR mani on my B16

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i had forgotten bout the pictures i took before i went to the track.

i checked the timing and properly timed it

DEBTsE-at

• LeftHandShifting!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Wonder E-at

Im still searching for one... dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

...inDEBTwithGOD...MUGEN///POWER...

C8V6C

Im'a steal his storage box one day and put a spongebob there instead and see if he notices...

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

DEBTsE-at

• LeftHandShifting!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Wonder E-at
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 6 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im'a steal his storage box one day and put a spongebob there instead and see if he notices...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ... I was thinking of a Domo doll!
...inDEBTwithGOD...MUGEN///POWER...

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
^^^^^ punks lol.... ill notice i use that think daily..... its my stash are lol jkjk...i have to take some new pics with some new things thanks to a greatfull rpr member.

crazy87rexsi

• PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (TribalHatch @ Oct 7 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^^^ punks lol.... ill notice i use that think daily..... its my stash are lol jkjk...i have to take some new pics with some new things thanks to a greatfull rpr member.

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
hmmmm........................ new stuff lol
Josh

Pics of Build

Build Thread