Mint 88 Crx Si Seats

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
I was at the yard yesterday and discovered a 83 civic hatch with........ get this, NEW 88 CRX Si SEATS in side. ?!@#$$%@ ya thats what I said. grabed the old 12mm and took those babies home for......... get this $40.
The last time I seen a set so clean was back in 1988. I don't understand it, where they come from? I have to post pics so you guys can see them.
MINT !!!!!!!!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You lucky bastard! Those are the exact seats I want, and for so damn cheap!

So lucky....

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
How do you plan to mount them in the 1g? I got a set of 88 seats as well

Bit dirty right now.. were subjected to the pollen outside. Much better condition than the 87 seats are.. the drivers side padding is still wearing out on the side there though.

A friend suggested trying to swap the whole bottom plate, including rails over... but maybe there is an easier way. Maybe that way won't even work. Anyone?

Kirk
No more CRX

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Aw man, don't tease me with those!

I am about this far from saying screw it to the engine mods and getting those seats! dry.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
I picked up for free.. or I wouldn't have em at all. They were gonna be nice balcony seats.. then management wrote me a nice letter saying I couldn't have car seats on it. I guess it makes the whole apartment complex look like shit. Bastards. Now I have to put use to em.. can't stay where they are.. way too much room.

Kirk
No more CRX

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well, in that case I will pay shipping and you can send them up to me... laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

SportInjectedClub

CRXdan

I had those seats in my Si. I didnt like that they reduced the headroom. there in sdubfids wagon now..
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
I have 93 Civic Si seats in mine, a little rough around a few edges, but picked them up $20 bucks so I can't complain.

Basically it was kind of a bitch to do, me and a buddy took the old sliders off the stock seats (there's a lot of weld dots, along with the screws), then make a new mounting bracket for one side of the new ones since the stock bases on the new ones weren't wide enough, then drill new bolt holes to line up for the stock sliders and rails, then did a few welding dots of our own for good measure, and they fit like a charm!

The only thing I can say is to take your time and measure everything carefully!

-Civ
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Dude, 88 CRX si seats BOLT into our cars!!!!! take the old sliders and just put them on seats. The bottom tray of the seat is identical to a 84-87 CRX. I have a set in my car as we speak, plus the set I got yesterday.
BOLT in!!!!!!
pictures here
Seats

Edited by balladeSports, 29 April 2004 - 12:56 AM.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Keep in mind Civtrx is dealing with a Civic, not a CRX, so the seats won't fit directly there...

Nevertheless, thanks Civ for your info on it, I will keep it all in mind when I do some 88-91 Civic/CRX Si seats, though you put in something different, the general idea is probably going to be the same.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

87si wanted to know how to mount them.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
hey mark.. those are exactly the same as the 88 prelude si seats and theres plenty of those around here. go to pick a part they have awesome deals
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (balladeSports @ Apr 28 2004, 10:23 PM)

87si wanted to know how to mount them.

Damn, now he's not going to ship them to me.... rolleyes.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
Weeee, bolt in!!

Sorry Mark tongue.gif
No more CRX

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, the 88 seats bolt in literally with 87 rails....those are really clean man! Good find!