Performance Parts For 87 Civic?

• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic 4 door
where can i get parts for my civics d15a2? i was wanting some headers and possibly a new intake manifold that will fit the stock carb and doesnt have all the thermo valve ports. my car is devaced so i dont need them. they just look ugly.

and are there any dohc heads that will fit on the d15a2?
sorry officer I didnt know that was the high way number, I thought it was the speed limit!

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
http://www.redpepper...title=Main_Page

has most answers... and i think i've heard of a few people getting a twin cam on ew's? not 100% on that... i think most people just opt to do a Teg Swap if you really want the easy Dual Cam swap business
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

http://www.redpepper...title=Main_Page

has most answers... and i think i've heard of a few people getting a twin cam on ew's? not 100% on that... i think most people just opt to do a Teg Swap if you really want the easy Dual Cam swap business

so what ive seen here http://www.redpepper...ed_1500_engine?

a 1st generation si head will fit on the d15a2? if so whats the head code for that?
sorry officer I didnt know that was the high way number, I thought it was the speed limit!

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
the Si head was off an EW engine... it's a single cam.. EW4 is what mine was on my 3G Si...
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage

where can i get parts for my civics d15a2? i was wanting some headers and possibly a new intake manifold that will fit the stock carb and doesnt have all the thermo valve ports. my car is devaced so i dont need them. they just look ugly.

and are there any dohc heads that will fit on the d15a2?

You can get block offs at the local hardware store for a dollar or less each, not so bad after that.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
what about headers? MarkL has got me on the block offs deal

Vicious

what kind of header do you want i have lightspeed, mugen, dc sports, chikara, or bosal just pm me

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

what kind of header do you want i have lightspeed, mugen, dc sports, chikara, or bosal just pm me

not to picky just the most affordable thats going to be decent

rallyxcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx
I got my header at summit racing

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I got my header at summit racing

what kind of $$$ do theirs go for?

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Last I checked, summitracing had a header- don't recall the price or brand. Stay away from pacesetter in general.

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Last I checked, summitracing had a header- don't recall the price or brand. Stay away from pacesetter in general.

you think this will fit? http://www.summitrac...refilter=1 its for 84-87 crx but to you think it will line up with my civics head?

i dont know much about crx's ive never had the privilage of getting under the hood of one.. i know its sad.. maybe one day!

Edited by sleepycivic, 12 December 2012 - 12:32 PM.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
It will but you may need to swap to an Si oil pan to clear it- also you'll lose your cat, which is totally illegal (if it isn't removed already) and not all that much of a performance increase. If I were starting with an unmodified [anything but Si] model, I'd probably remove the muffler (maybe extend the pipe to exit the rear) and call it good. Try just removing the muffler, you might like the sound and it's free.

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

It will but you may need to swap to an Si oil pan to clear it- also you'll lose your cat, which is totally illegal (if it isn't removed already) and not all that much of a performance increase. If I were starting with an unmodified [anything but Si] model, I'd probably remove the muffler (maybe extend the pipe to exit the rear) and call it good. Try just removing the muffler, you might like the sound and it's free.

ive already removed the muffler and i got a ticket for being too loud lolololol dick cop he said i HAD to have a muffler! i have a glass pack on it now. the only thing left is the cat, its the kind that bolts directly to the header. i was wanting to upgrade to bigger exhaust also(about 2 inch) the stock is about 1 1/4 if i remember my measurements. and also an after market header looks alot nicer than the stock. im not worried about keeping the cat i would prefer it gone. my car is exempt from emissions in my state so i dont need it anyways :)

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Hm, I don't remember my setup like that being very loud. I will say, though it may not be tested in your stare, removing the cat is still a federal offense... and doesn't do much if anything for performance unless you do a lot more work.