26 replies to this topic

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has tryed this? CR is around 11.5 can you run 92 pump gas on this setup? How much power on a stock Si are we talking here?
ANy help would be great.

mysql

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: own:75 toyota pickup,85 crx si, 95 ford ranger 00 civic ex (ol' ladies)
not sure about the power...but a few people have done it that i've read on here....i think you have to bore the block .04 or somethin like that
1995 ford ranger (beater)
1986 crx si..
wifeys 2000 civic ex ebay coilovers and 17in drag dr11 with nexxen z rated tires soon to be b16 powered with b20 automatic trans (girls)

ibcnya

• HNFTuning
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: his girlfriend crazy
QUOTE (ballade @ Sep 17 2006, 12:20 AM)
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has tryed this? CR is around 11.5 can you run 92 pump gas on this setup? How much power on a stock Si are we talking here?
ANy help would be great.

Get up with tony(the real time) hes done this.....hell know what to tell you..

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Tony can you help a bother?

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI D15A3, 89 CRX Si B18A1, 89 Prelude B20A JDM, 91 CRX DX D15B2, 87 CRX HF with a D15A3 (pictured above) New 11/06: 1998 Civic EX JDM B16A to be new track car
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Do a search using the term "Hydra".

Kirk Olson AKA gtpilot, did a EW block with a D16a1 head, teg pistons, etc.
Its a long read but very good in detail of the build.

HTH

Donnie

"YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY"

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2000 Civc Ltd Edition w B16a swap
He's talking about keeping the si head, so you get hella higher compression, i've been wondering about this myself too, compression is fun smile.gif (as long as it doesnt blow up)

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have done this for many years on my race engines and the only thing that need to be done is the stock block needs a .040 bore to fit those pistons. I would also recomend not shaving too much off the head. I always ran a 94 octane gas with these engines. I also would replace the rod bolts with ARP ones and get the rods resized while your at it. Any good machine shop will be able to do a boring and resize rods

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
would a cr this high be ok on 91 octane as opposed to 94? (theres not many gas stations around where i live that have 94)
also what kind of power do you think you'd be gaining over a carbed dx motor (if you have the si one carbed as well)

Edited by stevo911_, 22 September 2006 - 02:46 AM.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
just thought of another question, whats the difference with the 88-89 pistons, what compression will those yield?

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
This should help you out a little. . .

user posted image

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I always ran the 86-87 pistons with no problems but people have run the 88- 89's aswell, you just need to check clearances

crazi-85crx

Here's a shot of my 1.5L block with 86-87 Integra pistons. The 88-89 Integra pistons give about a 0.4 increase in compression, if I remember right. But I couldn't find any at the time.

crazi-85crx

Also, the 1.6L D16A1 rods don't fit the 1.5's crank, so you need to have the piston heads pressed off the 1.6L rods and pressed onto the 1.5L rods.

ARP rod bolts are about $45/set, and then it's another $20-50 to have all the rods resized.

stevo911_

• I'm Canadian, Eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
how much power do you guys think somethign with these pistons would put out? (with just the piston swap and intake/header/exhaust)

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
When you all say rods resized, I hope you might elaborate on that, do you mean just having the d16 pistons put on the ew rods? If so thats not too bad, then you can use the 1.5 rods and the 1.5 crank. That would be fairly simple......

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!