B18a1

• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx si 1998 eclipise
ok ihave come across a 92 acura integra with a b18 for $300 now i have read a bit about the swap sounds like a lot of workt just wondering if the wiring really that bad to do im hate wiring just to much for me but can figure it out just takes along time but any ways i know i have to get axls but will the the rest of the front end work but anyways any thing that will help me out would be wonderfull this will be my first swap but i do know my mechanics not so good on spelling thought

Edited by aaa86crx, 09 December 2008 - 10:51 PM.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (aaa86crx @ Dec 9 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok ihave come across a 92 acura integra with a b18 for $300 now i have read a bit about the swap sounds like a lot of workt just wondering if the wiring really that bad to do im hate wiring just to much for me but can figure it out just takes along time but any ways i know i have to get axls but will the the rest of the front end work but anyways any thing that will help me out would be wonderfull this will be my first swap but i do know my mechanics not so good on spelling thought

...or punctuation. laugh.gif Sorry, I am no help. crxls did a B18 in his HF though, ask him.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

VaporParanoia

• Low Budget Billionaire
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX,05 Honda CRV, My Wife Up a Wall
i'll be interested to hear how your swap goes, since you've got a head start on me
"Horsepower sets how fast you hit the wall. Torque sets the size of the hole."

"... the motor car was poetry and tragedy, love and heroism." - Sinclair Lewis

Your car is an eminently replaceable mass production inanimate object that doesn't give a fuck about you.

"...Twas hard the woeful words to frame; To break the ties that bound us; But harder still to bear the shame; Of foreign chains around us..." - Robert Dwyer Joyce

Christ

• Parting out my '86 Si. Need anything?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 Civic DX 4-Door - dead, parting out.
Smell a project thread? With lots of pictures tongue.gif
How about we just agree to respect each other's opinion?Even though yours is so obviously wrong...
Click here to see how I basically gave my car away to another RPR member!

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i will try to take to take lots a pic not much of a picture guy but have been trying just did paint job and didnt start taking pic until it was all maked off but i will get some it will be awhile befor it happens just getting my things straight first and the donner car is 250 mailies away i have no truck and trailer so it wll be have to be hauled over by as much as i can fir in the back of my crx

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Rent a truck and get the whole car if you have a place for it. Will make swap much easier, especially if your first, to have both there to compare things on them. I would have never gotten my Civic where it is now without both the 87 Integra and 99 CR-V being parked nearby when putting the B20 in mine. Also, punctuation in your post will make it much easier for us to read them.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i dont have the room to haul it to my place i have a friend w/the same car so i will be able to compare with his. does anyone know how the axle setup will be from what i have read i have to get special axles what about the hubs and all the rest of the front end will it all be ok? i think will taking parts off the donner im going to get all the suspension that is still good the engine wiring harnes, ecu, motor mounts, shift linkage, shifter, is there anything else that i will need for sure off the car im going to have long to take what i need off the car. but if there is anything anyone need i can probbly get it for you drivers side front is smashed up not sure how bad havent seenit yet.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
screw that, having done a B swap on a car that is going to stay a daily driver and will probably not be running 12's any time soon, I wasted a LOT of money when I should have just rebuilt the stock engine with lots of goodies and put a shot of nitrous on it!
don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car with my (almost the same engine as that but with a few more hp) but I would be much happier with a really well built EW instead. I think 14's are do-able on all motor, 87 octane burning EW's that could even take a few lbs of boost and get you into 13's.

The only reason to go B series is if you have an unquenchable desire to spin your tires more than any human should and you want to build up your engine to make your car run 12's or better- other than that, it is a massive waste of time, money, and effort. there are a lot of better things you could do with your life, I wish I did! lol I could have built my stock engine to run on propane and built a nasty carb turbo setup that would probably put my car into 13's for 1/3 of the price of my swap that isn't even 100% functional (idle issues, radiator needs upgrade, 5th gear decided to take a piss, and it really needs a surge tank)

this swap is not for a person without a good 5+ years experience in the honda world+general mechanics just an fyi
this engine was never meant to live in these cars, that is the underlying truth and there is no denying it.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

wentcrazycrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: CRX,85 SI CRX 85 Straman,Ford F250, 89 HD sport
QUOTE (aaa86crx @ Dec 10 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont have the room to haul it to my place i have a friend w/the same car so i will be able to compare with his. does anyone know how the axle setup will be from what i have read i have to get special axles what about the hubs and all the rest of the front end will it all be ok? i think will taking parts off the donner im going to get all the suspension that is still good the engine wiring harnes, ecu, motor mounts, shift linkage, shifter, is there anything else that i will need for sure off the car im going to have long to take what i need off the car. but if there is anything anyone need i can probbly get it for you drivers side front is smashed up not sure how bad havent seenit yet.

92 acura integra with a b18
1 You'r car is OBDO and the Integra is OBD1
2 The front hubs you need are 86/87/88 Integra

Pull as much wringing out of the Integra ECU to the Engine and as far as you can to the driver side. and ass much as you can on the other side from the side.

OOO big ???? is you'r car an SI??? If not fuel pump ,lines ECT...

You'r OBDO or OBD1 is you biggest part OBDO is a lot easier ODB1 is a lot of wiring changes.
Harmonic Damper Crank Pulley I have had to cut my Pulley down to just the alt. and A/C to fit in the car.

There is a lot more LOL LOL will check back

I'm having SURGERY this month so I will have time to finish my b18 wring diagram

The only reason to go B series is if you have an unquenchable desire to spin your tires more than any human should and you want to build up your engine to make your car run 12's or better- other than that, it is a massive waste of time, money, and effort. there are a lot of better things you could do with your life, I wish I did! lol I could have built my stock engine to run on propane and built a nasty carb turbo setup that would probably put my car into 13's for 1/3 of the price of my swap that isn't even 100% functional (idle issues, radiator needs upgrade, 5th gear decided to take a piss, and it really needs a surge tank)

this swap is not for a person without a good 5+ years experience in the honda world+general mechanics just an fyi
this engine was never meant to live in these cars, that is the underlying truth and there is no denying it.

Hay zakats you are right I know I dont have a life or ------as my name is CRAZY but i like my B18 CRX's cant wate for the STRMAN....
LOL be good ZZZZ

Hay JS call me
Crazy

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (wentcrazycrx @ Dec 10 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hay zakats you are right I know I dont have a life or ------as my name is CRAZY but i like my B18 CRX's cant wate for the STRMAN....
LOL be good ZZZZ

Hay JS call me
Crazy

You have the excuse that you, like me, want to do crazy shit... biggrin.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

typej

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2011 Honda Element LX
    • Image Gallery
I've done the b16a VTEC swap to my old 87 crx si. It was certainly an uncommon swap in my neck of the woods, but the whole experience was worth it.
http://s275.photobuc...9/jkoncepz/crx/
http://vids.myspace....nelid=237153673

06-07: 1987 Honda CRX SI w/B16a (stock)

Currently: 2011 Honda Element (stock, mainly car audio and daily)

Looking to get back to having an 87 Crx SI

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
well i would like to start with going for 12's and the after its all good and running i plan on shooting for some better times. it is a si so wont have to worry about fuel lines and all those goodies. oboo and obo 1 what is better to go with? does anyone happen to have a zawrit up on the wiring? thanks alot for allt he info.

typej

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2011 Honda Element LX
    • Image Gallery
I would contact Erik Augliar's Racing:
http://www.ericksracing.com/

They have the first crx into the 9's

06-07: 1987 Honda CRX SI w/B16a (stock)

Currently: 2011 Honda Element (stock, mainly car audio and daily)

Looking to get back to having an 87 Crx SI

wentcrazycrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: CRX,85 SI CRX 85 Straman,Ford F250, 89 HD sport
QUOTE (aaa86crx @ Dec 11 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i would like to start with going for 12's and the after its all good and running i plan on shooting for some better times. it is a si so wont have to worry about fuel lines and all those goodies. oboo and obo 1 what is better to go with? does anyone happen to have a zawrit up on the wiring? thanks alot for allt he info.

OBO1 is more tune-O-bowl But A lot more wring
Look here
www.hondata.com/engines.htm

We have one CRX that's a B18 that's OBO and one that's OBO1. I think zakats did a OBO2.
I'm hopping to have some time to finishes my diagram. BUT I will only have my left hand to wright it up... or one finger to type with....lol

be good
be safe
CRAZY

aaa86crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
WOW just a little bit more wiring. so right now im running oboo with the ew4 i think that what i have been told it is. so if was going to go with the oboo can i use my ew4 ecu or not. if i go obo1 i have to strip all the wiring from engine to ecu and use that correct? is there any performance difference? if i use oboo will i need the acura engine wiring harness or do i use the crx harness. well i just dont know how to write what im thinking so maby this will get me somewhere. thanks everone